Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 926

post #13876 of 14489

I just tried the latest FW. It sounded too warm with Roxanne. The mids and treble are recessed. It's difficult for me to hear details on the treble. IMO the worst SQ among the stock FW.

post #13877 of 14489
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

I just tried the latest FW. It sounded too warm with Roxanne. The mids and treble are recessed. It's difficult for me to hear details on the treble. IMO the worst SQ among the stock FW.
The treble is slightly recessed. Definitely sound warmer too. You should try out the mega sound explosion version 2 by doc2008. IMO it's better than 1.5. Details are more apparent with slightly upfront vocals. Surprisingly the bass is larger in quantity and quality than 1.5 too. Soundstage width 1.5 is larger and more spacious.
post #13878 of 14489
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post


The treble is slightly recessed. Definitely sound warmer too. You should try out the mega sound explosion version 2 by doc2008. IMO it's better than 1.5. Details are more apparent with slightly upfront vocals. Surprisingly the bass is larger in quantity and quality than 1.5 too. Soundstage width 1.5 is larger and more spacious.

 
I'm happy with the stock 1.5, but if the mega sound explosion version 2 by doc2008 is that much better, I'll have to try it.

post #13879 of 14489
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookygonk View Post

 

I'm happy with the stock 1.5, but if the mega sound explosion version 2 by doc2008 is that much better, I'll have to try it.
It's really down to personal preferences. I was happy with stock 1.5 too. Was ready to use it on the go. But after trying the v2 mega explosion, I find it edging past stock 1.5. Probably better matching with my phones.
post #13880 of 14489

I just tried the Sound Explosion v2 based on 1.5.0 and it just seemed a bit too bright in the mids.  I liked it, but I think it would be a bit tiring using my Dunu1000s.  I reverted back to stock 1.5.0.  

post #13881 of 14489

Ain't it great we have all these different options to choose from though?

post #13882 of 14489

I want to remove Rockbox but am having trouble.  Here is what I did:

 

Installed CWM

Installed Rockbox form CWM recovery

Installed "stock_recovery.zip" from CWM

From "DX50 system recovery  <3e>" I tried to install update.img v1.5, and then after failure tried update.img v1.2.8 which also failed

 

When I choose "apply update from SDcard" I get an error of  "can not found firmware image or invalid image"

 

Do you think I have the iBasso image named incorrectly or in the wrong directory?  When I plugin and mount the internal storage by by USB the only directory I see is /rockbox.  I have been putting update.img in the root directory that contains /rockbox.

 

Thanks,

 

Mike

 

OK, I don't get it, but even though it said failed, when I just let it sit on USB for about 5 minutes after the "failed image install", when I rebooted it came up on 1.2.8.  Go figure.


Edited by msromike - 6/28/14 at 11:07am
post #13883 of 14489
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookygonk View Post
 

Ain't it great we have all these different options to choose from though?

Yes!  And we can discuss and argue and compare them and generally geek out over them, too.  :rolleyes:

post #13884 of 14489
Quote:
Originally Posted by msromike View Post
 

I want to remove Rockbox but am having trouble.  Here is what I did:

 

Installed CWM

Installed Rockbox form CWM recovery

Installed "stock_recovery.zip" from CWM

From "DX50 system recovery  <3e>" I tried to install update.img v1.5, and then after failure tried update.img v1.2.8 which also failed

 

When I choose "apply update from SDcard" I get an error of  "can not found firmware image or invalid image"

 

Do you think I have the iBasso image named incorrectly or in the wrong directory?  When I plugin and mount the internal storage by by USB the only directory I see is /rockbox.  I have been putting update.img in the root directory that contains /rockbox.

 

Thanks,

 

Mike

You need to install stock_recovery.zip  and then run that.  You can't install a stock firmware using the RB recovery.  After you do that, go in and remove everything from the internal memory and place whatever firmware you want to use (it will say update.img) and then run the update per instructions.  Afterwards, follow the instructions completely to finish up.  

 

Scroll back a few pages and there are a number of posts re how to do this.  When your recovery is correct, it will say Recovery 1.0, and you will know you are where you want to be.  then you can update.

post #13885 of 14489
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopaminer View Post
 

USB DAC function on dx50 ?  Has anyone confirmed this ?  

Very cool, if so . . . . 


Yes, Yes:)

 

Though the driver is digitally signed in Windows.

Oh yes! Thats great news! ;P So anxious to get my DX50 and will start to compare FW`s right away (1.2.8 vs. 1.5.0 vs. MSESE). Reading impressions about FW`s, seems that MSESE should fit for Fidelio X1 great, I hope so. Anyone here using Fidelio X1 with DX50? Any impressions to share? Also hoping I get DAC function working under Windows 7 x64.

 

Btw, anyone has idea what HW mod this is? -> http://www.imclub.net.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=37738


Edited by CoiL - 6/28/14 at 11:55am
post #13886 of 14489
So what are the best ie headphones for the dx50? Any good experiences?
post #13887 of 14489
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzero View Post

So what are the best ie headphones for the dx50? Any good experiences?
How much is your wallet going to give?
post #13888 of 14489

Gee, you can buy the Nobles with the best cables for somewhat over $2200.  You could buy the 1+2s for somewhat over $1200.  Other than that, everyone here has a variety of favorites (for less) and I'm sure you could get a real good argument going about "best."  Suffice it to say that most decently-priced iems will be fine.  So much rests on the kind of music you listen to, the shape and depth of your ears, where you listen, what you want to hear when you listen, that choosing a best is impossible.  You could cruise through the past 20 pages of this thread and see what iems people have listed in their signatures.  That might give you some ideas.  But just because I tell you that I like the Dunu1000s doesn't really mean much.  And a lot of folks will jump on and say, no, your should try x or y.  And they will.  

 

Look at the past 15 pages of discussion re what firmwares we are all using, and that should give you an idea as to how hard it is to quantify anything.  

 

There is a thread in HeadFi devoted to quantifying iems, rated by number.  Hint: the Nobles are #1.  

post #13889 of 14489
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyrhythm View Post
 

Honestly, I am starting to think that all these comparisons between certain DAPS is becoming more and more irrelevant because so much rides on the installed firmware.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post


It's really down to personal preferences. I was happy with stock 1.5 too. Was ready to use it on the go. But after trying the v2 mega explosion, I find it edging past stock 1.5. Probably better matching with my phones.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

I just tried the Sound Explosion v2 based on 1.5.0 and it just seemed a bit too bright in the mids.  I liked it, but I think it would be a bit tiring using my Dunu1000s.  I reverted back to stock 1.5.0.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookygonk View Post
 

Ain't it great we have all these different options to choose from though?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

Yes!  And we can discuss and argue and compare them and generally geek out over them, too.  :rolleyes:

 

 

That's the beauty of all of this, especially with the DX50.  With so many iems and full size headphones and connectivity options, at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference.  What works for some won't work for others due to their gear.

 

I went from 1.2.8 to 1.5.0 and am staying there for now.  Have not tried other FWs or Rockbox yet on the DX50 (I have various iDevices and all my Sansas rockboxed).

 

Listening now to the DX50 connected to my Audio-GD FUN (A) via coax with Beyer DT880s.  Sounds delicious!!!

 

Good times!!!!!!!!!!!!


Edited by HeatFan12 - 6/28/14 at 4:38pm
post #13890 of 14489

Yep.  I just bought a 3.5 mini to stereo RCA cable so I can plug mine into my Pioneer 1522 (USB cable from DX50 to Pioneer just gave me "No Device," even though I can run an iPhone through it) and run it through that to my Kefs.  Fun fun fun.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0