Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 834

post #12496 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

I quit full sized and got into CIEMs ;)

 

I listen almost exclusively at work, for long periods (6-8hours) at a time. Being in an office rules out open cans, closed cans get warm and no full size can is comfortable enough on my noggin for me to wear it for so long. CIEMs on the other hand, just completely disappear when you insert them. If they're done right they fit perfectly in your ear with no pressure or strain anywhere. The only thing you feel is the music.


That's exactly why the next big thing for me will be my first CIEM :D

post #12497 of 15518
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I quit full sized and got into CIEMs wink.gif

I listen almost exclusively at work, for long periods (6-8hours) at a time. Being in an office rules out open cans, closed cans get warm and no full size can is comfortable enough on my noggin for me to wear it for so long. CIEMs on the other hand, just completely disappear when you insert them. If they're done right they fit perfectly in your ear with no pressure or strain anywhere. The only thing you feel is the music.

I share most of your concerns except that I find earphones a pain to insert/remove when you get disturbed either from co-workers coming by to ask questions or the phone ringing off the hook. It's a lot easier to take off the headphones. I guess it's different if you mostly code. wink.gif

Btw don't you have air conditioning in your office biggrin.gif
Edited by musicheaven - 4/3/14 at 5:20am
post #12498 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


I share most of your concerns except that I find earphones a pain to insert/remove when you get disturbed either from co-workers coming by to ask questions or the phone ringing off the hook. It's a lot easier to take off the headphones. I guess it's different if you mostly code. wink.gif

Btw don't you have air conditioning in your office biggrin.gif

Phone ringing? My office phone doesn't have a "missed call" list, it just keeps a running tally of the number of people in our company who fail to comprehend the task management and support ticket system. This is an accurate depiction of me at work:

 

post #12499 of 15518

H2O is correct, I on;y got them last night.  I tried the Dunu's on the C3 w/C5, stock out of the box.  They seemed much fuller, more oomph around and on the bottom, but mids and trebles were certainly there.  On the C3 alone, much the same, not quite as bass-y, but my TF10's certainly feel thin by comparison.

 

Then the DX50 arrived and after loading it up with music, tried that with the Dunu's.  Again, very full sound compared to what I am used to with the TF10's.  But stock w/Comply's seems almost boom-y.  So I started playing with the spacers  Right now I have the greens on, ran through some songs for 10-15 sec. each, they sounded pretty good.  Played an old Traffic song I've been listening to since 1968 (You Can All Join In) all the way through and it sounded much better than on the C3 or on my iPhone.  Today I take the set for a walk and see how that works.  Really curious about ambient footstep noise, as that has been an issue in the past.  And the Dunu's seem to have much less microphonics than my Ted's cable.  Proof will be in the pudding.

 

Oh, and I did try the DX50 without the C5, sounded very good.  But I have the C5, would be a shame not to use it.  :gs1000smile:  So far, it seems to improve the sound a bit.  I also love its volume control/ease of use when I'm walking.

 

More later.

post #12500 of 15518
Hi guys I need help.
Just received the dx50 today i want to know How long should I charge the battery the first time?
post #12501 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by nati8056 View Post

Hi guys I need help.
Just received the dx50 today i want to know How long should I charge the battery the first time?

Just charge until the battery meter stops moving then disconnect, if you want to get critical leave it on charge for an hour two after the battery meter stops moving (for the first charge) Having a replaceable battery, you can't break anything.
post #12502 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

Really curious about ambient footstep noise, as that has been an issue in the past.

 

Add a shirt clip to take the load off the cable and there will be no more footstep noise :cool:

post #12503 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Just charge until the battery meter stops moving then disconnect, if you want to get critical leave it on charge for an hour two after the battery meter stops moving (for the first charge) Having a replaceable battery, you can't break anything.

thank very much h20

 

 

can i charge the battery with charger of samsung galaxy s3?

post #12504 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by nati8056 View Post

thank very much h20


can i charge the battery with charger of samsung galaxy s3?

Yes you can
post #12505 of 15518

Can someone please take me through how to get the back cover off to replace the battery, got mine just about a week and i'm planning to replace the battery with a slightly bigger one..forgive me i just got mine and dont want to break it ..lol

post #12506 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by quodjo105 View Post

Can someone please take me through how to get the back cover off to replace the battery, got mine just about a week and i'm planning to replace the battery with a slightly bigger one..forgive me i just got mine and dont want to break it ..lol

There is a picture somewhere in this thread how you can remove the back cover.. Its kinda stiff.. You need to press it down using palm and slide it down..
Edited by cub0ne - 4/3/14 at 11:29am
post #12507 of 15518
I was just given a wall/car charger for sprint phones but it has a USB out on it too. Is 5v 2 amp output ok to charge the DX50 with?

Also as said above, just press down slightly and slide up strongly. the back cover comes off without too much trouble
post #12508 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCImes View Post

I was just given a wall/car charger for sprint phones but it has a USB out on it too. Is 5v 2 amp output ok to charge the DX50 with?

Also as said above, just press down slightly and slide up strongly. the back cover comes off without too much trouble

Yes you can use 5v 2amps charger.
post #12509 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCImes View Post

I was just given a wall/car charger for sprint phones but it has a USB out on it too. Is 5v 2 amp output ok to charge the DX50 with?

Also as said above, just press down slightly and slide up strongly. the back cover comes off without too much trouble

thanks very much ,I just tried it, came off quite easily. i'm about to order a replacement battery asap. which ones are highly recommended for dx50?

post #12510 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by quodjo105 View Post

thanks very much ,I just tried it, came off quite easily. i'm about to order a replacement battery asap. which ones are highly recommended for dx50?

I'm using a genuine S3 batt..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0