Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 825

post #12361 of 14810
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post


I think that's not an area of concern as there's only a few reported cases of faulty buttons. I uses my buttons a lot of times and honestly it's not very responsive now but I supposed it's due to the firmware. On previous firmware and rockbox my buttons work well.

Just being cautious, back tracking through a few pages of this I saw a lot of complaints, but this is pretty reassuring. Thanks!

Anyone have experience with Grado SR325is with one?


Edited by GasMaskMan - 3/26/14 at 12:44pm
post #12362 of 14810
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

I'm going To send my DX50 back, this thing keeps freezing and sending a shock through my headphones. There has to be something going on internally. Anyone else ever had these issues?


Yes, i got two VolumeSpikes and that was enough. I sent it back. It was FW 1.28 and i reflashed it after the first one...

post #12363 of 14810
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1000 View Post
 


Yes, i got two VolumeSpikes and that was enough. I sent it back. It was FW 1.28 and i reflashed it after the first one...

yes, well known problem, and a dramatic one too. 

 

Once you amp the dx50 you don't have this anymore, but it still sucks....i was just to lazy to send it back.

post #12364 of 14810
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
 

yes, well known problem, and a dramatic one too. 

 

Once you amp the dx50 you don't have this anymore, but it still sucks....i was just to lazy to send it back.

 

 

Is the volume spike problem there even when using rockbox?

post #12365 of 14810
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1000 View Post
 


Yes, i got two VolumeSpikes and that was enough. I sent it back. It was FW 1.28 and i reflashed it after the first one...

 

Depending on the iems sensivity it can be quite dangerous.

post #12366 of 14810
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowglycdb View Post
 

 

Depending on the iems sensivity it can be quite dangerous.


Yes, it was a bad experience,  it was with my CIEM and i had ringing ears for several days...

post #12367 of 14810

My brother uses the DX-50 v1.16 and he said it happened to him two times.

post #12368 of 14810
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post


Is the volume spike problem there even when using rockbox?

I can't really answer this question since I never had an issue with my DX50 for both official FW and RB.. But if a rockboxed DX50 has no volume spikes - its mo like a software/fw issue IMO..
Edited by cub0ne - 3/26/14 at 1:27pm
post #12369 of 14810
I've never had the spike happen. If it did I would probably shelf the dap. I'm very sensitive to loud volume.
post #12370 of 14810
Thread Starter 

The said they fixed it anyway and will be releasing the firmware update at the same time than the DX90 so I am done, I will finally be able to listen to it without fear for an ear blast.

post #12371 of 14810
Ibasso sent me a new FW to try for my above issue, I'm not sure how this is going to fix it as I think it is something a FW can not fix. We will see.
post #12372 of 14810
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

Ibasso sent me a new FW to try for my above issue, I'm not sure how this is going to fix it as I think it is something a FW can not fix. We will see.


For the dap freezing maybe but the static shock??? Not sure your problem will be solved. On the other hand, if it does not just plainly return it. I told them that if they don't fix the volume bug, I was ready to return the dap until it is fixed, so I guess it costs them money servicing the player and it's also bad publicity. So far that was my first player with such an issue, never had a single one doing that.

 

I used to have some freezing issues before, not with 1.2.8 though until I realized that the firmware download must have been bad because once I re-downloaded it everything was fine.

post #12373 of 14810
A freind and co-worker thought I was full of crap so he took my DX50 with his sdcard and had the same issues he even reflashed and was still freezing up. He agrees as well that it could be internal issues.
post #12374 of 14810
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

A freind and co-worker thought I was full of crap so he took my DX50 with his sdcard and had the same issues he even reflashed and was still freezing up. He agrees as well that it could be internal issues.


Don't take any chances, I know it's costly but worth it once you'll have the better dap you'll be happy and with the volume bug fix then everything should work better and no more amp needed. The HO is not that bad at all and it truly becomes more portable.

post #12375 of 14810

I just bought the HD 650 which will arrive soon, anyone here have any ideas if this will sound good with DX50 and PB2? is the power from PB2 enough?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0