Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 821

post #12301 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitman View Post


I have tried it before. I believe my problem that I have the "wipe/factory default" option in recovery menu (still in Rockbox mode), and it cannot toggle back to mango.

I have tried to press "power" + "vol down" buttons, and DX50 can be reboot, but, it can only start up as Rockbox again....confused_face_2.gif
Finally, thx for all of the suggestions. I can restore the firmware thru recovery mode. The trick is the
microsd being formatted as fat or fat32.
post #12302 of 14749

Has anyone noticed a degrading in the play buttons? My Next button has slowly been gradually feeling less tactile and much more mushy. I don't particularly use the player alot(under 100 hours total?) but I can't actually tell if I pressed the button or not at times.

post #12303 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokcha View Post
 

Has anyone noticed a degrading in the play buttons? My Next button has slowly been gradually feeling less tactile and much more mushy. I don't particularly use the player alot(under 100 hours total?) but I can't actually tell if I pressed the button or not at times.

check your finger tips...the longer you play with it, the thicker gets the skin...:tongue_smile:

post #12304 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
 

check your finger tips...the longer you play with it, the thicker gets the skin...:tongue_smile:

I've tried with my left hand(I'm right-handed) and it still feels dramatically more mushy than when I first got it. Not sure if I should contact ibasso about this.

post #12305 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokcha View Post

I've tried with my left hand(I'm right-handed) and it still feels dramatically more mushy than when I first got it. Not sure if I should contact ibasso about this.

More like a faulty button
post #12306 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokcha View Post
 

Has anyone noticed a degrading in the play buttons? My Next button has slowly been gradually feeling less tactile and much more mushy. I don't particularly use the player alot(under 100 hours total?) but I can't actually tell if I pressed the button or not at times.

Same problem, the next button is dead. They want me to send it back to them in china (I'm in France…)

post #12307 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokcha View Post

I've tried with my left hand(I'm right-handed) and it still feels dramatically more mushy than when I first got it. Not sure if I should contact ibasso about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuweb View Post

Same problem, the next button is dead. They want me to send it back to them in china (I'm in France…)
Which batch of dx50 are you using?
post #12308 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Angel View Post



Which batch of dx50 are you using?

The last one, ordered it from mp4nation in late january, deliverered in late february.

I re flashed the firmware as MP4nation asked me to, and nothing changed. 

post #12309 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuweb View Post

The last one, ordered it from mp4nation in late january, deliverered in late february.
I re flashed the firmware as MP4nation asked me to, and nothing changed. 
I heard they cover some of the expenses of the shipping to them, ask for that, because I'm guessing it will be the way to have it fully functional again.
Did the button simply died? Or had some period of malfunctioning?
:-\
post #12310 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Angel View Post


I heard they cover some of the expenses of the shipping to them, ask for that, because I'm guessing it will be the way to have it fully functional again.
Did the button simply died? Or had some period of malfunctioning?
:-\

iBasso asked me to send it back to them, no news from MP4nation right now. iBasso don't cover the shipping expenses.

The button simply died, missed a few clicks the previous time and then dead.

post #12311 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuweb View Post

iBasso asked me to send it back to them, no news from MP4nation right now. iBasso don't cover the shipping expenses.
The button simply died, missed a few clicks the previous time and then dead.

just to jump in on this issue. I went through the whole RMA process with mp4nation. at first I contacted ibasso, but they ask me to claim warranty from where I purchased the dx50 which is mp4nation. the physical play button died on my device and I rarely used it (came with 1.2.5 not sure which batch) start a ticket,. they provided an address for me to ship it back. they will cover 20 dollars shipping cost if it is within 30 days from purchase. you send with order number ticket number and address in it on a piece paper.

I used snail shipping so it took 4 weeks from vancouver to hon kong. when they have he device and confirms the problem, they will ask for the most recent address and will send you a replacement.

the replacement I got is the latest batch with 1.2.8 and silicon case.

now that rock box came out... I'm very worry about my button breaking again. ..

Also they ship the replacement with fedex priority which is 2day guarantee delivery.
Edited by Ishera - 3/22/14 at 1:59pm
post #12312 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishera View Post


just to jump in on this issue. I went through the whole RMA process with mp4nation. at first I contacted ibasso, but they ask me to claim warranty from where I purchased the dx50 which is mp4nation. the physical play button died on my device and I rarely used it (came with 1.2.5 not sure which batch) start a ticket,. they provided an address for me to ship it back. they will cover 20 dollars shipping cost if it is within 30 days from purchase. you send with order number ticket number and address in it on a piece paper.

I used snail shipping so it took 4 weeks from vancouver to hon kong. when they have he device and confirms the problem, they will ask for the most recent address and will send you a replacement.

the replacement I got is the latest batch with 1.2.8 and silicon case.

now that rock box came out... I'm very worry about my button breaking again. ..

Also they ship the replacement with fedex priority which is 2day guarantee delivery.

What a rock box? and also may I know which batch your Dx 50 belongs to?

post #12313 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishera View Post


now that rock box came out... I'm very worry about my button breaking again. ..
 

 

What exactly you worry about rockbox breaking buttons on DX50?


Edited by headwhacker - 3/22/14 at 5:54pm
post #12314 of 14749
Quote:
Originally Posted by chee006 View Post
 

What a rock box? and also may I know which batch your Dx 50 belongs to?

 

Start here:

http://www.rockbox.org/

 

If you are interested you can get the details for DX50 here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here-latest-update-2014-03-15


Edited by headwhacker - 3/22/14 at 5:53pm
post #12315 of 14749

My buttons have been gradually getting less responsive since I got it. It now takes upwards of 10 clicks for the Play / Pause button to do anything. Quite embarrassing when you stop for a chat with someone and are desperately trying to stop the player. "What's that?" they ask.. " looks.. erm . good.. "

 

I guess I'll have to send it in...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0