Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 817

post #12241 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post


Are you reserving judgment on the fiio x5 in battle of the best value to performance dap out there....?

 

Honestly, I did not perceive any remarkable signature difference when I went from the clip zip to the x3. I found it to be a little warmer and I did appreciate the functionality of the device. 

 

But when I went to the dx50, there was an appreciable improvement in the signature going from the clip. The only time I had heard my iems sound so good was with the Asgard 2 and uberfrost. So after that experience, I stopped following the fiio products TBH. 

post #12242 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by chee006 View Post

Thanks guys for all the helpful replies, yeah I saw a photo of the DX50 with it's own ibasso amp and it looks fitting. I am also leaning towards the PB2 for amp and dac but since you guys have so much praise for the dac of the Dx 50 then maybe I can save some money and put in more for the amp itself.

The only other DAC I've owned besides the DX 50 is a ****ty govibe usb dac which and it's the lowest model of it's kind. So I dun have  much knowledge on the quality of DACs, but I'll take your word for it. Also another thing to note is that i do not own a 650 yet as IO was very clsoe to buying one last night but thought of getting a proper amp and dac for my Dx 50 so maybe I'll get that first before anything else.

Anyway bear in mind that if I am getting those amps I'll be using it for my HD 558 and triple Fi for now. biggrin.gif

The PB2 is an Amp only. I run it balanced to HD 600 from the DX50 (you don't need it have a balanced input into the PB2) and it sounds really good. You can have a lot of fun rolling the OPamps in it as well. The Leckerton sounds good as well and is a little bit more mobile than the PB2.
post #12243 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post

 

What I want is a super slim amp that sounds like O2 - does such a thing exist?

 

might help too - http://www.inearmatters.net/2012/08/the-sub-200-portable-amps-shootout-118.html

post #12244 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfell View Post


The PB2 is an Amp only. I run it balanced to HD 600 from the DX50 (you don't need it have a balanced input into the PB2) and it sounds really good. You can have a lot of fun rolling the OPamps in it as well. The Leckerton sounds good as well and is a little bit more mobile than the PB2.

Yeah I just found out that and from wat the guy told me it'll be awesome if I combo the PB2 with the DB2 for my DX 50 but the thing is I am trying to decide if I should get the amp BP2 or the HD 650 as I am a little tight on money and can't afford both so I am wanting to get something that has more value for dollars. 

post #12245 of 15525

any website are now selling the DX50 at $ 200 and I'm really debating whether to buy it now or wait for DX90, DX90 seems to you that should significantly improve the sound of the headphones I ordered DUNU DN1000.

 

Please help me decide.
wait for DX90, or buy now the DX50 at $ 200? What do you suggest?

 

I want to connect them only to DUNU DN1000 and I use only the music, I do not need quality screen video, etc. (I have GALAXY S3 now for that)


Edited by nati8056 - 3/16/14 at 12:19pm
post #12246 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by nati8056 View Post

any website now selling the DX50 at $ 200 and I'm really debating whether to buy it now or wait for DX90, DX90 seems to you that should significantly improve the sound of the headphones I ordered DUNU DN1000.

Please help me decide.
wait for DX90, or buy now the DX50 Masdrop at $ 200? What do you suggest?

I want to connect them only to DUNU DN1000 and I use only the music, I do not need quality screen video, etc. (I have GALAXY S3 now for that)
It only a 40 dollar savings, which I suppose is a lot considering. The DX90 is suppose to be sold on there website this coming week. I personally would wait for the latest and greatest, but that's just me. On MP4nation they generally have good deals as well.
post #12247 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by nati8056 View Post
 

any website now selling the DX50 at $ 200 and I'm really debating whether to buy it now or wait for DX90, DX90 seems to you that should significantly improve the sound of the headphones I ordered DUNU DN1000.

 

Please help me decide.
wait for DX90, or buy now the DX50 Masdrop at $ 200? What do you suggest?

 

I want to connect them only to DUNU DN1000 and I use only the music, I do not need quality screen video, etc. (I have GALAXY S3 now for that)

Well if you don't want to wait, I will say the DN1000 and the DX50 pair very well together (that's what I have now).:biggrin:

 

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

post #12248 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

Well if you don't want to wait, I will say the DN1000 and the DX50 pair very well together (that's what I have now).biggrin.gif

Cheers!beerchug.gif
-HK sends

Agreed
post #12249 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by chee006 View Post
 

Yeah I just found out that and from wat the guy told me it'll be awesome if I combo the PB2 with the DB2 for my DX 50 but the thing is I am trying to decide if I should get the amp BP2 or the HD 650 as I am a little tight on money and can't afford both so I am wanting to get something that has more value for dollars. 

Hey I just bought the PB2 amp and it sound amazing with my dx 50 and HD 558 but I was even more surprised when the person in charge told me I could have more fun with the amp by changing all the little chips or stacking them up together! which is great but I have no clue what chip give wat sound and if I can mix the chips togeher? or how the impedence controller works or will stacking the chips create a different kinda sound? can anyone give me a tutorial on that?  HTanks

post #12250 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfell View Post


The PB2 is an Amp only. I run it balanced to HD 600 from the DX50 (you don't need it have a balanced input into the PB2) and it sounds really good. You can have a lot of fun rolling the OPamps in it as well. The Leckerton sounds good as well and is a little bit more mobile than the PB2.

 

 

 

Hey I just bought the PB2 amp and it sound amazing with my dx 50 and HD 558 but I was even more surprised when the person in charge told me I could have more fun with the amp by changing all the little chips or stacking them up together! which is great but I have no clue what chip give wat sound and if I can mix the chips togeher? or how the impedence controller works or will stacking the chips create a different kinda sound? can anyone give me a tutorial on that?  HTanks

post #12251 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chee006 View Post

Hi guys I need your help I am trying to get and amp and a dac or combo of both for my DX 50, I want to build my own personal ultimate portable sound gig, but I am not sure which amp or dac to buy. if possible I would like a combo but also I want it to utilize its own components to give me the best sound possible also I am planning to get the HD 650 sometime so I need something that can power up 300 impedance at least. thanks 


 


You need to take note that DX50 has Coax only for digital out to an external DAC. There are not many portable DAC out there that has Coax IN. If you go full iBasso stack look for DB2/PB2 combo. I'm sure it can power a wide range of headphones from iem to headphones. HD650 would be easy to drive for PB2.

But like others have mentioned DX50's DAC is already good and you may only need a portable amp.

Here are just a few that works very well for DX50

-PB2
-Pico Power
-Quickstep
-O2
-UHA760
-UHA-6S MKII (This one has a built-in DAC with Coax in, but imo not as good as the DAC in DX50)

I list them in the order of the most power it can supply not necessarily the best sounding. I personally tried O2 and UHA-6S MKII (my current portable amp paired with DX50) with HD650 and both can sufficiently drive HD650.


You can check out this thread as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687288/so-im-looking-for-that-perfect-amp

Don't forget C&C BH2^^
Edited by cub0ne - 3/17/14 at 11:31am
post #12252 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by chee006 View Post



Hey I just bought the PB2 amp and it sound amazing with my dx 50 and HD 558 but I was even more surprised when the person in charge told me I could have more fun with the amp by changing all the little chips or stacking them up together! which is great but I have no clue what chip give wat sound and if I can mix the chips togeher? or how the impedence controller works or will stacking the chips create a different kinda sound? can anyone give me a tutorial on that?  HTanks

You can start with the OPamps and extra buffers that came the PB2. There is a a manual on the ibasso website that shows you how to change them.

You can also look at this thread which will give you more background information :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/528149/ibasso-pb-2-pelican-fully-balanced-portable-db-2-dac-hiflight-recommended-op-amps-page-16
post #12253 of 15525

Question is: 

Will combination of the DB2 with Dual WM8740 sounds better against one WM8740 on the DX50?

post #12254 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFiMan View Post

Question is: 
Will combination of the DB2 with Dual WM8740 sounds better against one WM8740 on the DX50?
When connecting using DB2, it logical to run a full balance system with portable amp like PB2, RSA intruder, Duet, etc
The benefit is quite immediate felt as you hear better soundstage, instrument separation and fuller sound.
I am sure how much that improvement is attributed to DB2 specifically and whether to SQ improvement justifies carrying a 3piece stack is up to each individual....

Its the same reason why DX90 looks promising with its dual DAC design...
post #12255 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0ne View Post

Don't forget C&C BH2^^

Too late mate, PB2 is the winner lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0