Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 80

post #1186 of 15007
There are battery-powered hard drive enclosures, which will eliminate Y cable and battery (as battery and hard drive is in the same and thinner enclosure). Patriot Gauntlet Node (insert your 2.5" HDD) and Seagate Wireless Plus (1TB integrated) are examples. Those offer wifi too (so your iPhone or Android can access the hard drive as well).
post #1187 of 15007
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andyfei/mini-microsd-reader-for-android-smartphones-and-ta/

Does anyone know if this will be compatible with the DX50?
post #1188 of 15007

No FW yet....

post #1189 of 15007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andyfei/mini-microsd-reader-for-android-smartphones-and-ta/

Does anyone know if this will be compatible with the DX50?

I find that project a con job, many smaller mini sized ones out there for quite some time already.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/eagletec-usb-nanosac-micro-sd-card-reader/
post #1190 of 15007
Thread Starter 
Yeah thank god I can still go throw my folder song selection. Freezes are all but vanished. I do get no sound in certain situations but a reboot takes care of that. Beats the very first day really thinking that I was gonna return the dap pronto. It'll get there and if they take a little longer to squash bugs then the better. I gotta say that the dap is quite enjoyable when running.
post #1191 of 15007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post

I find that project a con job, many smaller mini sized ones out there for quite some time already.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/eagletec-usb-nanosac-micro-sd-card-reader/

That one you linked to doesnt support OTG...
post #1192 of 15007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

That one you linked to doesnt support OTG...

That was just an example, you'll have to Google other similar types which I'm pretty sure supports the function
post #1193 of 15007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post

That was just an example, you'll have to Google other similar types which I'm pretty sure supports the function

I dont think its a con. The whole premise of it is that its got such a small form factor. I had a look at other ones and theyre big and inconveniently shaped.
post #1194 of 15007
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Yeah thank god I can still go throw my folder song selection. Freezes are all but vanished. I do get no sound in certain situations but a reboot takes care of that. Beats the very first day really thinking that I was gonna return the dap pronto. It'll get there and if they take a little longer to squash bugs then the better. I gotta say that the dap is quite enjoyable when running.

 

See...

 

lol and no one believed me at first

 

:wink_face:

post #1195 of 15007

I only encountered one freeze, maybe I am extremely cautious about the file name and tags after knowing the root cause.. maybe it helps that my files on DX50 are all flac....

post #1196 of 15007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

I only encountered one freeze, maybe I am extremely cautious about the file name and tags after knowing the root cause.. maybe it helps that my files on DX50 are all flac....
]I've encountered it twice. It doesn't seem to be an ongoing problem.
post #1197 of 15007
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffnn View Post

There are battery-powered hard drive enclosures, which will eliminate Y cable and battery (as battery and hard drive is in the same and thinner enclosure). Patriot Gauntlet Node (insert your 2.5" HDD) and Seagate Wireless Plus (1TB integrated) are examples. Those offer wifi too (so your iPhone or Android can access the hard drive as well).

 

Dammit.  I wish I new these existed before I bought my hard drive.  Oh well, it's not like I couldn't use a tiny 500GB USB 3.0 hard drive.

 

Thanks for this tip.  I shall research them up....

post #1198 of 15007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andyfei/mini-microsd-reader-for-android-smartphones-and-ta/

Does anyone know if this will be compatible with the DX50?

 

this 1 shd work as it function as card reader....

post #1199 of 15007
Based on my brief experiment with self powered 500gb hdd, i would not recommend people using it with dx50. Its just too much for this little device
post #1200 of 15007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Based on my brief experiment with self powered 500gb hdd, i would not recommend people using it with dx50. Its just too much for this little device

 

the problem is how dx50 scan the content..64gb already took 3-5mins..imagine everytime you plug in 500gb and it need to scan 30mins before you can use your dx50 again...i will say..forget about it :P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0