Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 773

post #11581 of 14431
Is there a big improvement in sounds between Dx50 and iPhone 5 with my Sennheiser Momentum?


Inviato da Teo iPhone 5 Tapatalk
post #11582 of 14431
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teohouse88 View Post

Is there a big improvement in sounds between Dx50 and iPhone 5 with my Sennheiser Momentum?


Inviato da Teo iPhone 5 Tapatalk

I have all three (DX50, iPhone 5 and Momentum) and prefer the DX50. IMO I find the iPhone 5 lacking lush bass. It feels too thin and dry compared to the DX50. Cirrus Logic codecs are well known for their brightness.
post #11583 of 14431
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by teohouse88 View Post

Is there a big improvement in sounds between Dx50 and iPhone 5 with my Sennheiser Momentum?


Inviato da Teo iPhone 5 Tapatalk

I have all three (DX50, iPhone 5 and Momentum) and prefer the DX50. IMO I find the iPhone 5 lacking lush bass. It feels too thin and dry compared to the DX50. Cirrus Logic codecs are well known for their brightness.

In your opinion does the DX50 worth the price (200$) or Is it better to proceed listening to the Music through the iPhone and a DAC/AMP combo like C5D?


Inviato da Teo iPhone 5 Tapatalk
post #11584 of 14431
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teohouse88 View Post

In your opinion does the DX50 worth the price (200$) or Is it better to proceed listening to the Music through the iPhone and a DAC/AMP combo like C5D?


Inviato da Teo iPhone 5 Tapatalk

I have actually listened to the iPhone though the lightning-30-pin cable wired to a 30-pin-3.5mm connector onto an amp and still prefer the DX50 connected to the same amp. As far as is it worth the price, that's going to be your own decision. I can't say if it is or isn't. Unfortunately to be 100% sure you'll have to cough up the money in order for you to find out unless you have access to a demo unit or a friend's DX50.
post #11585 of 14431
Quote:
Originally Posted by teohouse88 View Post


In your opinion does the DX50 worth the price (200$) or Is it better to proceed listening to the Music through the iPhone and a DAC/AMP combo like C5D?


Inviato da Teo iPhone 5 Tapatalk

Where's the DX50 sell at 200$? I buy them right now!!

post #11586 of 14431

That's definitely a great deal! DO ITTTTT

post #11587 of 14431
Yes do it!!
post #11588 of 14431

The DX50 is worth twice what it is going for. A more if you consider the musicality. 

post #11589 of 14431

Gave in and placed my order-

 

I've been using iPods with external amps and felt this I needed to upgrade. Any particular LOD cord you guys use, or will the Fiio L2 do? Will be coupling this with my JDS Labs C5 - Also, will I hear the firmware sound changes when listening via the external amp?

 

Can't wait to hear the DX50 --> C5 --> DN-1000 combo!

post #11590 of 14431

Question...is there a way to get the track number to show when playing an album?

 

thanks...

post #11591 of 14431
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post

Gave in and placed my order-

I've been using iPods with external amps and felt this I needed to upgrade. Any particular LOD cord you guys use, or will the Fiio L2 do? Will be coupling this with my JDS Labs C5 - Also, will I hear the firmware sound changes when listening via the external amp?

Can't wait to hear the DX50 --> C5 --> DN-1000 combo!

Fiio L2 should work fine but will stick out, something with right angle plugs will be more compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Question...is there a way to get the track number to show when playing an album?

thanks...

Nope. I would like it to show a x/y count to know how far you have come
post #11592 of 14431

You did not understand what I said, I ask where the DX50 selling at $ 200?

post #11593 of 14431
Quote:
Originally Posted by nati8056 View Post

You did not understand what I said, I ask where the DX50 selling at $ 200?

i just traded for one, and the sales value of the buyer was 170euro, 230$.
You should check the second hand market. Mine was bought new in September 13.
post #11594 of 14431
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post

Gave in and placed my order-

I've been using iPods with external amps and felt this I needed to upgrade. Any particular LOD cord you guys use, or will the Fiio L2 do? Will be coupling this with my JDS Labs C5 - Also, will I hear the firmware sound changes when listening via the external amp?

Can't wait to hear the DX50 --> C5 --> DN-1000 combo!

you should check out "audio minor" mini to mini cables.

http://stores.ebay.com/AudioMinor
Edited by whoever - 2/20/14 at 11:09pm
post #11595 of 14431

Hello, I do not know already asked this before or not. Is it possible to add new firmware button to rescan the media? I use adapter for SD card, and I cant periodicaly replug flex cable connector, as flex cable glued to the body of dap, and files on a flash drive faster download through a separate reader. Thx

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0