Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 769

post #11521 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post
 

I havent been following but you guys are installing firmwares from someone who just joined headfi? I guess the risk is less with the dx50 since it doesnt house any personal info like our smart phones but is the difference really noticeable that you would do that?  I guess I dont have golden ears because I rather wait for something a little more official.

Well, like you say, the only risk is that the player would be bricked - there's no personal info on there to be stolen or anything, so a relatively minor risk. For me, the temptation to marry the SQ of earlier FWs with the stability of the current one was too great, so I decided to take the plunge and let everyone here know how I got on. As it was, it's fine.. no problems at all and I think it's worthwhile doing. 

 

If I had a tube amp, i'd be tube rolling I guess.. I don't, so I'll have to stick with FW rolling instead - it's fun!

post #11522 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 


Soren, there is one more DOC2008 version, may I suggest you name them with a version number on the first page, say V1 and V2? Somehow I feel we are going to get a few more. :wink_face: 

I'm having a busy monday morning at work and my caffeine levels are too low for my brain to be firing on all cylinders... Which is V1 and which is V2 again?

post #11523 of 14509
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I'm having a busy monday morning at work and my caffeine levels are too low for my brain to be firing on all cylinders... Which is V1 and which is V2 again?

The one you currently have on the front page is V1, here is V2
Quote:
:
Originally Posted by viperman3

And again DOC2008 makes yet another modded FW update ...

DX50_MIX_V2_BY_DOC2008

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t4i9ee2z4hkhd8h/DX50_MIX_V2_BY_DOC2008.zip
Any hints on what kind of "mix" it is?
Head-fi feedback
ReplyQuote Multi

Also he has version V1 with the stock font:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geagle

Only thing that I do not like too much is the font, from a purely aesthetic point of view (but I can definitely live with it!).

DX50 MIX V1 BY DOC2008 (with stock font)

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/?2uwy88vv3iwuvcv

No worries my friend and take your time.
Edited by musicheaven - 2/17/14 at 12:53am
post #11524 of 14509
Have been following the thread with great interest and have purchased DX50.Software on arrival was 1.2.6 and no issues what so ever, great however having updated to both 1.2.7 and 8 I loose
gapless facility. With 1.2.6 there was a choice of off, 5 and 10 the choice with 1.2.8 is on and off and on makes no difference. I have followed update instructions to the word and have had no issues other than the above. Any advice appreciated.
post #11525 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


The one you currently have on the front page is V1, here is V2
Also he has version V1 with the stock font:
No worries my friend and take your time.

Fixed :smile:

post #11526 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by barontan2418 View Post

Have been following the thread with great interest and have purchased DX50.Software on arrival was 1.2.6 and no issues what so ever, great however having updated to both 1.2.7 and 8 I loose
gapless facility. With 1.2.6 there was a choice of off, 5 and 10 the choice with 1.2.8 is on and off and on makes no difference. I have followed update instructions to the word and have had no issues other than the above. Any advice appreciated.

The "gapless" in 1.2.6 was actually crossfade whereas gapless in 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 really is gapless playback
post #11527 of 14509

Thanks for the clarification.

 

 

post #11528 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdixon View Post

+1 thanks for doc

And i just want to say that i find 1.2.8 with 1.2.6 more to my liking,

because i feel (just a feeling it may be all up in my head:D)

1.2.6 a tad more bassier, also the bigger sound stage of 1.2.2 tends to add some air behind vocals which i dont like.

And i dont find 1.2.6 muddy in anyway, i like how it sound uptil now, so i guess i will keep it on under testing.

Can everybody share their findings and opinion ?

Also anyone that can do those frequency charts and compare between the modded different builds just to be sure if changes are monitored because i would be too sad if it turns out i went crazy..

Thanks guys

I do like the big soundstage of the 1.2.2 library but agree that the vocals seem to float in the air in front of everything else. I think this might be what I have earlier described as something weird and unnatural that I couldn't put my finger on
Edited by nc8000 - 2/17/14 at 2:51pm
post #11529 of 14509
Could anyone can advice which FW with best vocal! Thanks pal
post #11530 of 14509
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LECW View Post

Could anyone can advice which FW with best vocal! Thanks pal


FW 1.2.8 or DOC2008 V2 - both have better mids for vocals.

post #11531 of 14509
Hi pal,
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


FW 1.2.8 or DOC2008 V2 - both have better mids for vocals.
hi pal, thanks man and will install that.

Rgds,
post #11532 of 14509

A few quick impressions off the cuff. Just got the dx50 today.

 

1. After about six months with the x3, the sound of dx50 is better. Smoother, more resolved and transparent and enjoyable IMO.

 

2. The touchscreen is very nice. The buttons are a little small for my largish fingers, especially the return button. 

 

3. I would have preferred the hp jack be on the top of the player. 

 

4. I've had no problems or issues with the firmware.

 

5. I wish that the battery indicator would indicate 1-100 for more accuracy. 

 

This is a very good dap. It's impressive what ibasso has done at this price point. 

 

:beerchug:

post #11533 of 14509

I think it's a lot sharper than the X3.

post #11534 of 14509

I have been playing around with the subtle changes in SQ arising from the various different case options for the DX50 DAP. I've experimented with 1) the DX50 au naturel, 2) with the silicon case available from iBasso themselves and 3) with the stitched leather cases that are doing the rounds on eBay.

 

1) Perhaps because of the thick, insulating material, the sound signature of the player in the silicon case seems to my ears to be significantly warmer but in a most musical and pleasing way. 

 

2) The leather encased DX50 takes on some of the same characteristics, although not to the same extent, but the soundstage is greatly opened up, resulting in a more holographic presentation. I attribute this to the small holes of the stitching that hold the sides of the leather case together.

 

3) The unprotected DX50, however, tends towards the analytical, and is that little bit colder sounding, resulting in a less engaging musical experience.

 

This is perhaps not a surprise, as we Head-Fiers have long known that whether it be tubes, cables, firmware or, indeed, cases, if you're not rolling something, you're not getting the best from your gear.

post #11535 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by warth0g View Post
 

I have been playing around with the subtle changes in SQ arising from the various different case options for the DX50 DAP. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0