Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 757

post #11341 of 15518

Thanks for the advice guys, I have deleted the audio.img folder on sd card, factory reset and rescanned. I will find out if that has done the trick.

post #11342 of 15518
The only problems I've had with my unit in 1 1/2 months was the gapless in 1.2.6 and the less than optimal implementation of otg support.
post #11343 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryPanda View Post
 

Thanks for the advice guys, I have deleted the audio.img folder on sd card, factory reset and rescanned. I will find out if that has done the trick.

 

 

Ensure it was the factory reset option from the recovery menu, the one where it goes through a series of confirmation messages to ensure you really want to proceed.  This factory reset performs an additional step that the UI factory reset does not, it cleans the internal storage and its database.  

post #11344 of 15518

Well, ibasso must work hard also on this issue

post #11345 of 15518

Itching to upgrade my DAP.. if it would be called an upgrade

 

 

I have a CF-Flashed-- 1 uf polyester film capped DiyMOD (Ipod 5g) + Pure silver LOD + jdslabs c5 amp.

 

Assuming that I keep my amp..how big of a difference would it be for the DX50 vs the DiyMod being fed through to the c5?

post #11346 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post
 

Itching to upgrade my DAP.. if it would be called an upgrade

 

 

I have a CF-Flashed-- 1 uf polyester film capped DiyMOD (Ipod 5g) + Pure silver LOD + jdslabs c5 amp.

 

Assuming that I keep my amp..how big of a difference would it be for the DX50 vs the DiyMod being fed through to the c5?


I personally didn't think the C5 was a good match with the DX50. It was a GREAT match for my Colorfly C3 though.

post #11347 of 15518
Who is interested in high capacity batteries or battery replacements for the dx50?

I'm a reviewer for anker and Ravpower who makes batteries for the s3. I could maybe convince one to give us a discount.
post #11348 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

Who is interested in high capacity batteries or battery replacements for the dx50?

I'm a reviewer for anker and Ravpower who makes batteries for the s3. I could maybe convince one to give us a discount.

The 4400mA works great as does the 2200mA. So start a thread and ask those who want to go in on a buy but maybe pass it by a mod first. I am not sure of the requirement of such. 

post #11349 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

The 4400mA works great as does the 2200mA. So start a thread and ask those who want to go in on a buy but maybe pass it by a mod first. I am not sure of the requirement of such. 


a secure way to buy from anker or Ravpower in Mexico?

post #11350 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post

Itching to upgrade my DAP.. if it would be called an upgrade


I have a CF-Flashed-- 1 uf polyester film capped DiyMOD (Ipod 5g) + Pure silver LOD + jdslabs c5 amp.

Assuming that I keep my amp..how big of a difference would it be for the DX50 vs the DiyMod being fed through to the c5?

On the other hand i think c5d (same as c5) is super with dx50 as well as my ipod5g.
Soundwise might get a bit of real upgrade (mental upgrade might be greater)
Rockbox vs ibasso fw is a downgrade for sure!

Maybe wait a couple of months for the new round of daps? (If i were you i would wait)
post #11351 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

The 4400mA works great as does the 2200mA. So start a thread and ask those who want to go in on a buy but maybe pass it by a mod first. I am not sure of the requirement of such. 

 

its not a group buy, they give out coupon codes all the time.  I just want to see if it something people would be ever interested in.  It'd just be a coupon code that one would enter at checkout.  I post a lot of deals @ deal sites for them with these codes for the general public.  

post #11352 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post
 

 

its not a group buy, they give out coupon codes all the time.  I just want to see if it something people would be ever interested in.  It'd just be a coupon code that one would enter at checkout.  I post a lot of deals @ deal sites for them with these codes for the general public.  

Cool, I am up for that. 

post #11353 of 15518
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

its not a group buy, they give out coupon codes all the time.  I just want to see if it something people would be ever interested in.  It'd just be a coupon code that one would enter at checkout.  I post a lot of deals @ deal sites for them with these codes for the general public.  

Me too.
post #11354 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varoudis View Post


On the other hand i think c5d (same as c5) is super with dx50 as well as my ipod5g.
Soundwise might get a bit of real upgrade (mental upgrade might be greater)
Rockbox vs ibasso fw is a downgrade for sure!

Maybe wait a couple of months for the new round of daps? (If i were you i would wait)

 

Since I installed emcore/Rockbox on my iPod Classic 7G I started to enjoy it more than the DX50 especially pairing it with Leckerton amps.

 

On it's default settings, the DX50 SQ is still better especially on resolving details in the high end. However, I found that raising the treble settings to 6dB brings it on par with DX50 SQ-wise. The added features and flexibility of Rockbox in general indeed added value to my iPod.  

post #11355 of 15518
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

Since I installed emcore/Rockbox on my iPod Classic 7G I started to enjoy it more than the DX50 especially pairing it with Leckerton amps.

 

On it's default settings, the DX50 SQ is still better especially on resolving details in the high end. However, I found that raising the treble settings to 6dB brings it on par with DX50 SQ-wise. The added features and flexibility of Rockbox in general indeed added value to my iPod.  

 

While EQing is something some people like to use, I don't use.  I prefer to not alter the source.  And just because the treble is raised, it doesn't give it any more clarity, resolution or imaging.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0