Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 752

post #11266 of 14978
With the FW 1.2.8 does anyone have issues with it freezing half way through a song? If I'm using it HO it will freeze but if I'm using LO I have no issues.
post #11267 of 14978

I have never had a freeze with the 1.2.8. Maybe reload it. 

post #11268 of 14978
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I have never had a freeze with the 1.2.8. Maybe reload it. 
I've reloaded it twice, like it said it only freezes on the HO scenario.
post #11269 of 14978
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

With the FW 1.2.8 does anyone have issues with it freezing half way through a song? If I'm using it HO it will freeze but if I'm using LO I have no issues.

I had it once for the first time ever today
post #11270 of 14978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
Yes.

 

Don't get me wrong; I realise Anker have a pretty-decent reputation, generally, but just look for yourself at some of the Amazon customer reviews:

 

http://tinyurl.com/pa5dv5j

I went back and found all the negative reviews. Wow, well I will keep an eye on this but there are many, many good reviews so hopefully it is a very small percentage of bad batteries but I also notice some people have received replacements that did the same thing. Doesn't bode well. I have used there regular capacity batteries for the DX50 and my Samsung Galaxy S4 with no problems. 

post #11271 of 14978
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I went back and found all the negative reviews. Wow, well I will keep an eye on this but there are many, many good reviews so hopefully it is a very small percentage of bad batteries but I also notice some people have received replacements that did the same thing. Doesn't bode well. I have used there regular capacity batteries for the DX50 and my Samsung Galaxy S4 with no problems. 

 

I wonder if there might be some relationship between battery bloating and how fast they are charging the battery (i.e. how much current). I'm not sure, as I'm certainly no expert, but I imagine higher current charging might lead to higher temperature of the battery chemistry, and, perhaps, some gaseous expansion from the battery chemistry, as a consequence of higher temperature?

 

I really don't know; I'm only guessing, here.

 

There are so many different 3rd-party chargers for devices these days, that it's difficult to know who's using what, and at what charging rate, how well regulated the current & voltage output of each charger is, etc. etc.

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 2/8/14 at 6:22pm
post #11272 of 14978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

I wonder if there might be some relationship between battery bloating and how fast they are charging the battery (i.e. how much current). I'm not sure, as I'm certainly no expert, but I imagine higher current charging might lead to higher temperature of the battery chemistry, and, perhaps, some gaseous expansion from the battery chemistry, as a consequence of higher temperature?

 

I really don't know; I'm only guessing, here.

 

There are so many different 3rd-party chargers for devices these days, that it's difficult to know who's using what, and at what charging rate, how well regulated the current & voltage output of each charger is, etc. etc.

 

 

.

Absolutely, the lower the temp while charging, using a chip to regulate, you get a battery that lasts much longer and far less chance of a bloated battery. I have a few high quality chargers for AA and AAA and one uses a method of keeping the battery cool during charging and a constant readout of mA charged, voltage and so on. It is the best for the batteries but you don't get that with these cell phone batteries. Although the charger than came with my Anker batteries for the SIII and SIV, keep the battery fairly cool while charging but using a rapid charger is no good. 

post #11273 of 14978
Maybe you could just install the larger capacity battery, put the tape you are already using and put the dx50/90 into the silicone case? That should protect everything as well keep the battery in place.
post #11274 of 14978
I use a genuine oem s3 battery. More reliable and lasts longer per charge
post #11275 of 14978
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

I use a genuine oem s3 battery. More reliable and lasts longer per charge

I thought so also but I have an Anker battery, and maybe I am lucky, that last a little longer than the Samsung that came with my S4. 

post #11276 of 14978

I've been exclusively using the two Anker 2200mAh batteries (along with an external charger) that I bought on Amazon.  Thus far no problems.  I haven't measured the play time that I get with the DX50 on a single charge but it seems to last longer than the stock battery.  No complaints

post #11277 of 14978

Yes, the silicone case works great with the larger battery. No need for a extra back. Great idea. 

post #11278 of 14978
Great! Now I must get one of these batteries myself.
post #11279 of 14978

Cool, twice the battery life and all you need is the silicon case to hold it in place. I will discharge and recharge the 4400mA to make sure how the anker battery does.  

post #11280 of 14978

i have used anker batteries for a few years in all types of different cell phones and such and have never had any problems. They have great customer service and they warranty all batteries for 18 months. If you have any problems return it and they will send a new one no questions asked.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0