Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 8

post #106 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Tone is quite neutral if not a bit on the bright side.  I've commented in a couple PMs that it sounded more like from an ess9018 chip than a WM8740 and those familiar with DX100 tuning should recognize this "iBasso house sound" immediately.  Will get more time listening before I give more comments on the sound quality as I'm quite high on everything now and want to let the excitement subside first.
Please tell us the different in term of sound signature between DX50 vs DX100?
post #107 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post

encounter a few times the dx50 freezed and hanged..have to reboot it by unplug the battery...

even the touch screen went hay wired~....

UI is better a lot than x3 but not stable... frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Try cleaning the tags and remove any unnecessary fields. Tagging gave me issues with my AKs and it was smooth as silk once they had been cleansed. Using the same sd card on dx50 for the past 4 hrs or so and never hanged.

One thing I don't like is that I need to re scan the db if I remove the sd card and re-inserting the very same card. Whilst AK you don't need to re scan and it won't delete the db entries even if you eject the card.

+1

When I moved away from using iTunes to rip my songs, I had to spend a good deal of time cleaning out legacy Apple junk form the tags and fixing Album art. Before doing that, I had all sorts of database scan issues, and freezes with my DX100, AK100 and even Poweramp stability on my Android phone. Highly recommend cleaning out your tags no matter what your flavour of DAP.

PS. Got an email from iBasso. The second batch is being dispatched today and Monday.
post #108 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Tone is quite neutral if not a bit on the bright side.  I've commented in a couple PMs that it sounded more like from an ess9018 chip than a WM8740 and those familiar with DX100 tuning should recognize this "iBasso house sound" immediately.  Will get more time listening before I give more comments on the sound quality as I'm quite high on everything now and want to let the excitement subside first.

Is that using it from the HO or LO?
post #109 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

 

Tone is quite neutral if not a bit on the bright side.  I've commented in a couple PMs that it sounded more like from an ess9018 chip than a WM8740 and those familiar with DX100 tuning should recognize this "iBasso house sound" immediately.  Will get more time listening before I give more comments on the sound quality as I'm quite high on everything now and want to let the excitement subside first.

 

That's a good start mate, what I wanted to hear. Take some time and enjoy your high. :wink_face:


Edited by H20Fidelity - 9/6/13 at 4:30am
post #110 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Tone is quite neutral if not a bit on the bright side.  I've commented in a couple PMs that it sounded more like from an ess9018 chip than a WM8740 and those familiar with DX100 tuning should recognize this "iBasso house sound" immediately.  Will get more time listening before I give more comments on the sound quality as I'm quite high on everything now and want to let the excitement subside first.
Take your time, your are not at other people's service wink.gif
post #111 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombobby289 View Post

Very interested to know how much does DX50 behind DX100 in term of sound quality?

And how much ahead in terms of UI.
post #112 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Take your time, your are not at other people's service wink.gif

 

Lol guess the rest of those who had received it are too happily enjoying the music to bothered to respond!   :etysmile:

 

Hope more will be receiving them and chime in soon.

post #113 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Lol guess the rest of those who had received it are too happily enjoying the music to bothered to respond!   etysmile.gif

Hope more will be receiving them and chime in soon.
I was kidding your are at our service. Pm your impressions vs ak120 and 901 this very minute.
post #114 of 15018
Anyone who currently has a DX50 AND a JDS Labs C5, please show a size comparison if you may:)
post #115 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Take your time, your are not at other people's service wink.gif
...

I was kidding your are at our service. Pm your impressions vs ak120 and 901 this very minute.

Seriously. mad.gif

Anyone who has one owes the rest of us the forfeiture of sleep, meals, and bathroom breaks until we gets us some concrete impressions.
post #116 of 15018
Pls more comparisons with stock AK100 and X3 smily_headphones1.gif
post #117 of 15018
Yes please make me feel better about my order
post #118 of 15018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpfe8851 View Post



+1

When I moved away from using iTunes to rip my songs, I had to spend a good deal of time cleaning out legacy Apple junk form the tags and fixing Album art. Before doing that, I had all sorts of database scan issues, and freezes with my DX100, AK100 and even Poweramp stability on my Android phone. Highly recommend cleaning out your tags no matter what your flavour of DAP.

PS. Got an email from iBasso. The second batch is being dispatched today and Monday.

 

what do you mean by cleaning the tags?

post #119 of 15018
mine has arrived in the UK and is now with me at work

initial impression of build quality is superb - feels really really nice and i LOVE the looks

Alas I am now stuck at work for another few hours so will post some user impressions later today or early tomorrow smily_headphones1.gif
post #120 of 15018

anyone dx50 displaying songs in alphabetical order instead of according to embedded track number?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0