Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 681

post #10201 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Ronin View Post
 

Greetings all. After many months of following this thread, I finally decided it was time to move on from my rockboxed classic to the DX50. I received my unit 2 days ago it shipped with 1.2.6 and I have had no problems as yet. Im looking for suggestions as to how you guys chose to organize your memory cards. I have about 100gb of music and I have 2- 64gb sdcards. I cant decide between alphabetical order of artist or by genre. Any suggestions?

1) Make sure your tags are in order. No, really. Check them. Mp3Tag is a great tool for it.

2) Dump the files on the cards
3) Enjoy!

post #10202 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Ronin View Post
 

Greetings all. After many months of following this thread, I finally decided it was time to move on from my rockboxed classic to the DX50. I received my unit 2 days ago it shipped with 1.2.6 and I have had no problems as yet. Im looking for suggestions as to how you guys chose to organize your memory cards. I have about 100gb of music and I have 2- 64gb sdcards. I cant decide between alphabetical order of artist or by genre. Any suggestions?

 

I find it the easiest way to access my digital files by folder view, which I configured to my likeing on my PC/NAS and then i just copy or access the files with all my devices (HiFi Streamer, Squeezebox, DAP etc.)

post #10203 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

1) Make sure your tags are in order. No, really. Check them. Mp3Tag is a great tool for it.

 

That's what I been doing for the last two days :eek: 

post #10204 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jennings View Post

Has anyone else had trouble opening the 1.2.7 firmware img file? I'm downloading to an iMac running Mavericks; I've tried downloading both from the ibasso site and from the mirror listed in the FAQ.

All help appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdixon View Post

My dx50 is still on the way, but i tried to download 1.2.7 and couldnt open it, i guess they are not meant to be opened, just the img file has to be thrown on the drive to update without having to open it.

But i tried in many ways to get it opened with no luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

The .img file is just a binary to be placed in the root of the build in memory as per the readme file that comes with it

nc8000 is right. The firmware is a binary file, a combination of compiled files. You need a specific program to extract it.
Edited by cub0ne - 1/15/14 at 3:37am
post #10205 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

About the new firmware, my only request right now (sonic debate aside) is that they fix the 24/192 flac support. With 24/192 I get a peridocal "clicking" sound, very annoying. Downsampled the same files to 24/96 and now they play perfectly...

This intermittent problem also happens on DB2 so I guess it is not easy to solve.
post #10206 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

1) Make sure your tags are in order. No, really. Check them. Mp3Tag is a great tool for it.
2) Dump the files on the cards

3) Enjoy!

or just use itunes if you can live with ALAC instead of FLAC. I've not had a tagging, artwork, freezing or scanning issue on any FW version since 1.2.2. Only exception is some old mp3 files that have some missing artwork but I"m re-ripping those to lossless as I have time.

Sorry to support the big monster but it does work. smily_headphones1.gif

Scott
post #10207 of 15520

Hi all, Ive just ordered a Schiit Vali to amp to use with my DX50 and HE-400's for my home rig and just wondered what you guys and gals thoughts were on whether I would achieve an audio 'upgrade' by getting the Modi and using that from my macbook pro instead - is there much difference between the WM8740 and the KM4396 chips in SQ or is it just different sound signatures? Thanks for any thought, Lee.

post #10208 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinMN View Post


or just use itunes if you can live with ALAC instead of FLAC. I've not had a tagging, artwork, freezing or scanning issue on any FW version since 1.2.2. Only exception is some old mp3 files that have some missing artwork but I"m re-ripping those to lossless as I have time.

Sorry to support the big monster but it does work. smily_headphones1.gif

Scott


Same here, I have not encountered any playback issues with ALAC files. As for the artwork you still need to be diligent to save the artwork in the files not just in iTunes.

post #10209 of 15520

For anyone interested, there is an official user manual on iBasso's website now.  Not that it is needed, thanks to the awesome efforts and compilation of the FAQ information on page 1 of this thread.

 

http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50_UserGuide.pdf

 

Found it at the bottom of the DX50 product info page.

post #10210 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboylee View Post
 

Hi all, Ive just ordered a Schiit Vali to amp to use with my DX50 and HE-400's for my home rig and just wondered what you guys and gals thoughts were on whether I would achieve an audio 'upgrade' by getting the Modi and using that from my macbook pro instead - is there much difference between the WM8740 and the KM4396 chips in SQ or is it just different sound signatures? Thanks for any thought, Lee.

i am also waiting for schiit vali arrival to paired with dx50 and hd650.

i also have the same Q.

post #10211 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Ronin View Post
 

Greetings all. After many months of following this thread, I finally decided it was time to move on from my rockboxed classic to the DX50. I received my unit 2 days ago it shipped with 1.2.6 and I have had no problems as yet. Im looking for suggestions as to how you guys chose to organize your memory cards. I have about 100gb of music and I have 2- 64gb sdcards. I cant decide between alphabetical order of artist or by genre. Any suggestions?

 

 

I prefer browsing specifically by folder structure.  Since the amount of genres for the music itself can vary so wildly to be confusing, I simply start created 4 folders that contain specific genres only.  Next step up is arranging each album in its own folder, which I leave in alphabetical order.  One of my genre folders still ends up too large if I just throw all the albums into it, so I add sub categories to further classify things.  Allows for incredibly easy browsing of music.

 

The album view for me is too big, there's too many albums that aren't categorized properly.  And unless I go through to simplify all the genre tags, the genre view is confusing as I don't know what is what.  Artist view is also confusing.  So a simplified directory structure all the way.  :)

post #10212 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfurbal View Post
 

 

I prefer browsing specifically by folder structure.  Since the amount of genres for the music itself can vary so wildly to be confusing, I simply start created 4 folders that contain specific genres only.  Next step up is arranging each album in its own folder, which I leave in alphabetical order.  One of my genre folders still ends up too large if I just throw all the albums into it, so I add sub categories to further classify things.  Allows for incredibly easy browsing of music.

 

The album view for me is too big, there's too many albums that aren't categorized properly.  And unless I go through to simplify all the genre tags, the genre view is confusing as I don't know what is what.  Artist view is also confusing.  So a simplified directory structure all the way.  :)

 

Yep. I use Browse By Folder:  Genre / Artist /Album.

 

It is bug proof and a pleasure to navigate.

post #10213 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreenKiller View Post

i'm still wondering should i amp the dx50?

Like I wrote before, there are very few reasons why you would need an outboard amp and they are all some form of compensation: either your headphones are too hard for the onboard amp to drive and you need more power to compensate, you're wearing balanced headphones which require balanced output, or you have stack envy and feel a need to compensate for that.

If your headphones hiss because they're too sensitive then you don't need an amp. You need an impedance adapter. If you use an outboard amp anyway then that's just stack envy.
post #10214 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post


Like I wrote before, there are very few reasons why you would need an outboard amp and they are all some form of compensation: either your headphones are too hard for the onboard amp to drive and you need more power to compensate, you're wearing balanced headphones which require balanced output, or you have stack envy and feel a need to compensate for that.

If your headphones hiss because they're too sensitive then you don't need an amp. You need an impedance adapter. If you use an outboard amp anyway then that's just stack envy.

never heard of a impedance adapter. good to know.

post #10215 of 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post


Like I wrote before, there are very few reasons why you would need an outboard amp and they are all some form of compensation: either your headphones are too hard for the onboard amp to drive and you need more power to compensate, you're wearing balanced headphones which require balanced output, or you have stack envy and feel a need to compensate for that.

 

And again I disagree.


Edited by cooperpwc - 1/15/14 at 9:18am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0