Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 679

post #10171 of 15525

any timeline as to when a new firmware will be released? (newer than 1.2.7) :D

post #10172 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post

any timeline as to when a new firmware will be released? (newer than 1.2.7)



Im also curious about this

post #10173 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jennings View Post

Has anyone else had trouble opening the 1.2.7 firmware img file? I'm downloading to an iMac running Mavericks; I've tried downloading both from the ibasso site and from the mirror listed in the FAQ.

All help appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

The .img file is just a binary to be placed in the root of the build in memory as per the readme file that comes with it

You can connect the DX50 to the Mac and copy the img file to the root folder(an update command will appear in the settings/advanced menu), or copy it to a micro sd card and perform the update from the card. Delete the img file after the update is finished, then perform a factory reset. Verify the fw is 1.2.7 in the system info screen. hth

Cheers,
Shawn
post #10174 of 15525

Thanks, everyone. Works like a charm. I misread the instructions in the faq,which call for unzipping the file.  Since the Mac unzips files automatically, I interpreted this as opening the img file.

 

My preliminary sense of the DX 50: wow! I'm going to wait until I get my Noble 4 iem's on Thursday before writing more. 

 

The one downside: I'm not at all convinced that the JDS O2 amp improves things. Yes, the sound is a bit weightier, but there is certainly more harshness and sibilance than what I hear through the DX 50 alone. All this through Shure 215 SE phones.

post #10175 of 15525

i'm still wondering should i amp the dx50? is it worth the extra hassle carrying a amp around.

if i was wearing a headset okay. but since im using a pair of v3's.

 

sorry to hear that your um3x failed.

 

a friend of mine just ordered a pair of shure 535's. going to test them along with my v3s

also ordered new cables for my v3's he Fiio Rc-WT1 they look pretty sturdy and they are SPC. and the price is just incredible.

 

how much power does the stock battery have ? ( in mAh)

post #10176 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jennings View Post
 

Thanks, everyone. Works like a charm. I misread the instructions in the faq,which call for unzipping the file.  Since the Mac unzips files automatically, I interpreted this as opening the img file.

 

My preliminary sense of the DX 50: wow! I'm going to wait until I get my Noble 4 iem's on Thursday before writing more. 

 

The one downside: I'm not at all convinced that the JDS O2 amp improves things. Yes, the sound is a bit weightier, but there is certainly more harshness and sibilance than what I hear through the DX 50 alone. All this through Shure 215 SE phones.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skp44 View Post



You can connect the DX50 to the Mac and copy the img file to the root folder(an update command will appear in the settings/advanced menu), or copy it to a micro sd card and perform the update from the card. Delete the img file after the update is finished, then perform a factory reset. Verify the fw is 1.2.7 in the system info screen. hth

Cheers,
Shawn

yeh a really annoying feature of osx. i was wondering is it possible to turn auto unzipping off.

 

Edit: 

  1. Open Safari 
  2. Click Preferences
  3. Uncheck the option Open “safe” files after downloading

Edited by ScreenKiller - 1/14/14 at 4:33pm
post #10177 of 15525

The case is released. 

 

 

it's approximately 30$(US). They said it's only orange color now, another color will be available next time. I think it's the first leather case for DX50. Looks great.

post #10178 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by youkeum View Post
 

The case is released. 

 

it's approximately 30$(US). They said....

 

Great....but who's "they"???

post #10179 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by youkeum View Post
 

The case is released. 

 

 

it's approximately 30$(US). They said it's only orange color now, another color will be available next time. I think it's the first leather case for DX50. Looks great.

 

where is the link to buy ?

post #10180 of 15525
I want this case!
post #10181 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

Great....but who's "they"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganeee View Post

where is the link to buy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

I want this case!

it's by Dignis. The same company which made the AK leather cases.
post #10182 of 15525

it seems they said it is for Korea only... oh well...

post #10183 of 15525

Sorry, I forgot the link.  

 

http://www.solomondc.co.kr/shop/big_section.php?cno1=1069

 

It's a dignis case. It could buy only "Solomondc" company now, Dignis webpage is not update yet. I'm not sure but maybe you can buy the case in Dignis homepage and they will ship to other country.

post #10184 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by youkeum View Post
 

The case is released. 

 

 

it's approximately 30$(US). They said it's only orange color now, another color will be available next time. I think it's the first leather case for DX50. Looks great.

 

is it really a leather case? looks like another silicon case to me.

 

EDIT: when i saw other pictures, it now looks like a leather case because of the top-side opening. kinda gets me curious of how "hard" it's going to be to press on the front buttons.


Edited by karloil - 1/14/14 at 10:39pm
post #10185 of 15525
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post
 

 

is it really a leather case? looks like another silicon case to me.

 

yeah, it's leather case. :D do you know a dignis ak100 case? it's a same material. here is another pic from their website.

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0