Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 - Page 19

post #271 of 12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

Let's get back to the DX50 topic. I feel that the bass of DX50 does not carry much weight, i.e. it is not deep enough... this is apparent even when pairing with ASG-2.... When comparing to a modded X3, it becomes very noticeable... But DX50 is still a steal considering that I hear the same amount of detail as the modded X3, so I guess the stock DX50 sound is very decent already... It makes me wonder if I chuck in a 8741 chip in it, would it make further enhancement in terms of detail....?? The soundstage when listening with TG334 is also very good..

 

hopefully when the firmware bugs get ironed out, this i hell of a player marketed at 239usd... makes me want to give it to my GF then buy a new one..

 

I think the bigger sound stage and better separation might gave you a sense the midbass wasn't as concentrated or dense as with say the X3 or AK120.  I actually appreciate this, especially with ASG-2 or TG334 who inherently are mid-bass fat.  Subbass extending quite well imo with doublebass frets sounding very natural and not overpowered by midbass.  It definitely is the one of the more analytical and neutral 8740 implementations I have heard while still maintain the musicality strength of the wolfson chip.

post #272 of 12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

I really don't mind people trash talking german Volksmusik or anything along that line :D
If the music sucks, the country of it's origin really doesn't make it better..
(Not to be taken as an insult towards KPop)

So the DX50 has some bugs. No surprise. I'm sure they will get ironed out over time. Are these bugs similar to the ones the DX100 had when it first came out? That would be interesting to know.
And how does everyone like the UI? Easy to navigate etc?
I'll most likely browse through my music with the folder view thingy.

 

I don't particularly think KPop sucks... So no dissing! :P

 

IME, it seems like DX50 issues are similar to the DX100's when it first came out, but to a lesser extent.

post #273 of 12681
At least GG's not trying to defend her country music.

...cue the banjos...
post #274 of 12681

Well the UI is actually pretty much on point when I had my music files in there........

 

For me nothing to complain about. 

post #275 of 12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

Yup you are right....

The DX50 cannot read Korean, I will get my daughter to take out all the Korean characters. I taught her over the summer holidays to tag music files ............

Quality family bonding time. Teach a girl to fish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

Well the UI is actually pretty much on point when I had my music files in there........

For me nothing to complain about. 

Is there a search function or an easy way to jump to an alphabetical section?



Have all you guys describing the sound confirmed that this is soley the DAC implementation rather than a combination of the DAC and Amp?

Does using a neutral amp preserve the sound of the headphone out?

Thanks!
post #276 of 12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

I don't particularly think KPop sucks... So no dissing! :P

IME, it seems like DX50 issues are similar to the DX100's when it first came out, but to a lesser extent.

There was a new yorker article about kpop and seems some of the investment in this enterprise also comes from China. We can all get along and appreciate the goods and bads of this DAP..
post #277 of 12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

I think the bigger sound stage and better separation might gave you a sense the midbass wasn't as concentrated or dense as with say the X3 or AK120.  I actually appreciate this, especially with ASG-2 or TG334 who inherently are mid-bass fat.  Subbass extending quite well imo with doublebass frets sounding very natural and not overpowered by midbass.  It definitely is the one of the more analytical and neutral 8740 implementations I have heard while still maintain the musicality strength of the wolfson chip.

Thanks. I will give a few more spins. The wait was definitely worth it so far..
post #278 of 12681
By the way, anyone will amp it for iem? I don't see the need so far....
post #279 of 12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

By the way, anyone will amp it for iem? I don't see the need so far....

This is Head-Fi and you have been here long enough to know that there is NO WAY that this is not going to happen :D

post #280 of 12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

This is Head-Fi and you have been here long enough to know that there is NO WAY that this is not going to happen biggrin.gif

I am also looking for amp tips...LoL....

Too many gear on the market too little cash...
post #281 of 12681
I see in the specs that the amp has a 9v swing. I don't really understand thus swing business. I usually just look at watts @ xx ohm.
With a 9v swing does that put the amp section of this dap on par with the e12 from fiio.
I only ask as the e12 for what it is has some driving power.
This being the case I may be looking to offload my RWA imod and e12 in favour of one device for my portable needs
post #282 of 12681

So looking forward to getting a used one of these in spring :3 


Edited by Mshenay - 9/7/13 at 5:55am
post #283 of 12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

So looking forward to getting a used one of these in spring :3

 

 

haha I came close to putting mine up for sale this morning after the problems with album art and tags - I like things to "simply work as they should" - sorry but i'm pretty much all sorted now bar one little niggle which isn't a deal breaker :)

post #284 of 12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

By the way, anyone will amp it for iem? I don't see the need so far....

Definitively gonna amp this fella! I have three in my possession, truly thinking to pair the coax out to the D12, then want a spin on my Intruder, finally for the ultimum port the pico slim. Lol biggrin.gif
post #285 of 12681

Can the dx50 read japanese chars? If not, then i'll have to do some conversion later this week :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8