New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mini SF Bay Area meet - Page 7  

post #91 of 187
Thread Starter 

Well, it'll be a 2-hour drive for me. Sounds like quite a bit of a stretch, so I'm sitting this one out.

 

But if we have a mini meet somewhere in East Bay... I'll try to make that one.

 

Would anyone like to chime in for a possible place to crash at? A coffee shop somewhere in East Bay may do the trick as well...

post #92 of 187
Made it to Burning Amp. AMB and Linuxworks were there, nice to see them. Jan Diden (probably killed his name) had the Smyth (Smith?) Realizer. It was very cool. Got to hear talks by Sigfried Linkwitz and Nelson Pass. Both a bit over my head, but less so than last year. A fun time though it is a bit pricy. I recommend it for the Geeks among us (guilty as charged).
post #93 of 187
Here is a gallery of photos I took at Burning Amp 2013. I was so enthralled by the gear, that I neglected to shoot some photos of people.

http://www.amb.org/ti/audio/burningamp2013/
post #94 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb View Post

Here is a gallery of photos I took at Burning Amp 2013. I was so enthralled by the gear, that I neglected to shoot some photos of people.

http://www.amb.org/ti/audio/burningamp2013/

Nice photos amb.  It was good to see you again.  I had a great time.  The Burning Amp group are a nice bunch.

post #95 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb View Post

Here is a gallery of photos I took at Burning Amp 2013. I was so enthralled by the gear, that I neglected to shoot some photos of people.

http://www.amb.org/ti/audio/burningamp2013/

 

 

Thanks for posting the pics!  I'll have to attend one day.

post #96 of 187

Bill-P,

 

Apologies in advance for fast forwarding from page 1 on this thread but did this mini meet in SF area had already take place yet?

post #97 of 187
Thread Starter 

Oh no. Please don't apologize.

 

Unfortunately, the meet hasn't taken place yet. We are still looking for a location, and then we still need to decide on a date.

 

I live in Santa Cruz, so I can't easily run out to East Bay and scout location. If anyone around that area can find a place for us to make this happen, I think we'd all appreciate it very much!

post #98 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post
 

Oh no. Please don't apologize.

 

Unfortunately, the meet hasn't taken place yet. We are still looking for a location, and then we still need to decide on a date.

 

I live in Santa Cruz, so I can't easily run out to East Bay and scout location. If anyone around that area can find a place for us to make this happen, I think we'd all appreciate it very much!

Thanks Bill-P

 

I'm up for a meet whenever we find a place.  Would love to meet everyone for the first time.  

post #99 of 187

Where about in the bay area would be fulfilling for most?  I can probably help scout around...

post #100 of 187

Ohhhh, an SF bay area meet. Just moved here so it would be great to meet fellow audiophiles here haha! :P

post #101 of 187
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyang View Post
 

Where about in the bay area would be fulfilling for most?  I can probably help scout around...

 

If you're close to the East Bay area, please look for a place there.

 

It's quite a stretch for me to go to East Bay for scouting, but I'll be able to attend once a place has been found.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattering View Post
 

Ohhhh, an SF bay area meet. Just moved here so it would be great to meet fellow audiophiles here haha! :P

 

Haha, and I bet you'll see some pretty interesting gears in the Bay Area, too.

post #102 of 187
Hi all, I'm new to both Head-Fi and higher end audio, and would also be interested in a meet up depending on date and location. I recently acquired a pair of Sennheiser HD598 and should be receiving a JDS odac+o2 soon.
post #103 of 187
Thread Starter 

So... no news on this, people? It's October 22. I hope we can make this happen soon.

post #104 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post
 

So... no news on this, people? It's October 22. I hope we can make this happen soon.

 

I'm still in...  We just need a place.

post #105 of 187

For around 15 people, more or less, we can provide the place to host the mini meet at Fremont.

It is just off 880, between Auto mall and Stevenson exit, you can see the building on 880.

 

If the place is ok, let's find a time, it would be better on Oct. 26 (Sat) or Nov. 2nd (Sat) afternoon.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked