I'm guessing that a_recording will find the SE846 incredibly overprice when compared to cheaper, universal dynamics! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 8/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Grado GR10, Shure SE535 and UE900 Last post on 6/9/14 at 5:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- UE 4000 vs Shure SE535 VS UE900 Last post on 5/27/14 at 2:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Logitech not shipping UE900s, but UE900 in updated box Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4R Vs Westone W40 Vs Logitech UE900 Vs Shure SE535LTD Red Vs Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- CIEM or... Rockit R50 Last post on 5/14/14 at 2:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
[COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40 - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oops! I missed this. This is a very basic explanation so please correct me if I get any details wrong people!
A microdriver is a very small dynamic driver. That is, a small diagphram being pushed forward or backwards by a magnet assembly. The supposed advantage of a micro driver is that
a) You can bring the driver much closer to the ear and thus reduce possible resonances from the ear canal or earpiece body
b) You can improve transient response by having a very small driver, just like a BA
c) Very broad frequency range from a single driver compared to a BA
A BA driver is a small moving element that is suspended (or balanced) between two magnets. Since the moving element has even less mass than a micro driver supposedly it can move much faster. The disadvantage of BA drivers seem to be that they cannot move a great deal of air because of their small mass, and therefore are limited in the range of frequencies they cover. This is why it has become a common practice to put several different BA's in a single earphone to cover more frequencies.
I am writing to congratulate you on the excellent work.
This file was by far the best article I've read on the subject I found very realistic.
I was actually intending to buy Westone, UE 900 only by appeal to be the most expensive and better and now I saw that this is not so.
I love music and like to listen to them on Ipad Smartphone. Now think of buying VSonic GR07 Pro Dynamic MK2 or RE-400.
Congratulations once more.
Unless I can find either UE900. XBA-40 or BA-200 really cheap, which I doubt.
For the price of around £60 RE-400 simply can't be beaten on value.
Thanks for the review. But I largely disagree, I would not say that vsonic and hifiman undermine market. Neutral sound of gr07be with sibilance it's product not top level and should cost max 90$ like re-400 but not 180$ as before, it's commerce, baby. Large companies and сorporation spend a lot of money on innovation they move progress.
- [COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 31 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)