I'm guessing that a_recording will find the SE846 incredibly overprice when compared to cheaper, universal dynamics! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 8/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- UE 900 mods Last post on 1/24/16 at 1:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MMCX headphone cable for iphone Last post on 12/19/14 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bought RHA T10i to replace UE 900 Last post on 3/12/15 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question regarding UE900 and UE TripeFi 10 Last post on 9/10/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable amp for iPod classic Last post on 8/27/14 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
[COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40 - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oops! I missed this. This is a very basic explanation so please correct me if I get any details wrong people!
A microdriver is a very small dynamic driver. That is, a small diagphram being pushed forward or backwards by a magnet assembly. The supposed advantage of a micro driver is that
a) You can bring the driver much closer to the ear and thus reduce possible resonances from the ear canal or earpiece body
b) You can improve transient response by having a very small driver, just like a BA
c) Very broad frequency range from a single driver compared to a BA
A BA driver is a small moving element that is suspended (or balanced) between two magnets. Since the moving element has even less mass than a micro driver supposedly it can move much faster. The disadvantage of BA drivers seem to be that they cannot move a great deal of air because of their small mass, and therefore are limited in the range of frequencies they cover. This is why it has become a common practice to put several different BA's in a single earphone to cover more frequencies.
I am writing to congratulate you on the excellent work.
This file was by far the best article I've read on the subject I found very realistic.
I was actually intending to buy Westone, UE 900 only by appeal to be the most expensive and better and now I saw that this is not so.
I love music and like to listen to them on Ipad Smartphone. Now think of buying VSonic GR07 Pro Dynamic MK2 or RE-400.
Congratulations once more.
Unless I can find either UE900. XBA-40 or BA-200 really cheap, which I doubt.
For the price of around £60 RE-400 simply can't be beaten on value.
Thanks for the review. But I largely disagree, I would not say that vsonic and hifiman undermine market. Neutral sound of gr07be with sibilance it's product not top level and should cost max 90$ like re-400 but not 180$ as before, it's commerce, baby. Large companies and сorporation spend a lot of money on innovation they move progress.
Hey, just wanted to say that this paragraph is probably one of the best I've ever read in a headphone, or pretty much any technology, review:
You definitely have a career in journalism if you so desire. Also, thanks for your thoughts on the quad armatures. It's not confidence-inspiring to find out the UE 900 have all these defects two days after paying $200 for them on Amazon (refurbished), but still. Good stuff.
Edited by jadawgis732 - 12/17/14 at 6:46pm
- [COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 39 seconds ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 48 seconds ago
- › Headphone to IEM converts? 3 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 4 minutes ago
- › Best ''Bass Punch'' for under $200? 4 minutes ago
- › First Post: Verification 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...