I'm guessing that a_recording will find the SE846 incredibly overprice when compared to cheaper, universal dynamics! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 8/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- UE 900 mods Last post on 1/24/16 at 1:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MMCX headphone cable for iphone Last post on 12/19/14 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bought RHA T10i to replace UE 900 Last post on 3/12/15 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question regarding UE900 and UE TripeFi 10 Last post on 9/10/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable amp for iPod classic Last post on 8/27/14 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
[COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40 - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oops! I missed this. This is a very basic explanation so please correct me if I get any details wrong people!
A microdriver is a very small dynamic driver. That is, a small diagphram being pushed forward or backwards by a magnet assembly. The supposed advantage of a micro driver is that
a) You can bring the driver much closer to the ear and thus reduce possible resonances from the ear canal or earpiece body
b) You can improve transient response by having a very small driver, just like a BA
c) Very broad frequency range from a single driver compared to a BA
A BA driver is a small moving element that is suspended (or balanced) between two magnets. Since the moving element has even less mass than a micro driver supposedly it can move much faster. The disadvantage of BA drivers seem to be that they cannot move a great deal of air because of their small mass, and therefore are limited in the range of frequencies they cover. This is why it has become a common practice to put several different BA's in a single earphone to cover more frequencies.
I am writing to congratulate you on the excellent work.
This file was by far the best article I've read on the subject I found very realistic.
I was actually intending to buy Westone, UE 900 only by appeal to be the most expensive and better and now I saw that this is not so.
I love music and like to listen to them on Ipad Smartphone. Now think of buying VSonic GR07 Pro Dynamic MK2 or RE-400.
Congratulations once more.
Unless I can find either UE900. XBA-40 or BA-200 really cheap, which I doubt.
For the price of around £60 RE-400 simply can't be beaten on value.
Thanks for the review. But I largely disagree, I would not say that vsonic and hifiman undermine market. Neutral sound of gr07be with sibilance it's product not top level and should cost max 90$ like re-400 but not 180$ as before, it's commerce, baby. Large companies and сorporation spend a lot of money on innovation they move progress.
Hey, just wanted to say that this paragraph is probably one of the best I've ever read in a headphone, or pretty much any technology, review:
You definitely have a career in journalism if you so desire. Also, thanks for your thoughts on the quad armatures. It's not confidence-inspiring to find out the UE 900 have all these defects two days after paying $200 for them on Amazon (refurbished), but still. Good stuff.
Edited by jadawgis732 - 12/17/14 at 6:46pm
- [COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40
- › Singxer SU-1 5 seconds ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 22 seconds ago
- › WTB: FiiO HS6 Stacking Kit for FiiO X5 1st Generation 26 seconds ago
- › What is the highest amount of sound quality that the human ear can... 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Building my own 2.1 system. 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 3 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear