I'm guessing that a_recording will find the SE846 incredibly overprice when compared to cheaper, universal dynamics! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 8/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- 300 dollar range earphone for EDM Last post on 2/5/14 at 12:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 upgrade recommendations Last post on 1/28/14 at 1:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ALO Island good for desktop? Last post on 1/25/14 at 1:09pm in Computer Audio
- Custom IEM (Westone) MMCX connectors vs. 2 Prong? Last post on 1/23/14 at 4:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bottlehead Crack, background humming noise? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
[COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40 - Page 6post #76 of 859/16/13 at 6:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 859/16/13 at 8:36ampost #78 of 859/26/13 at 7:11amThread Starter
Oops! I missed this. This is a very basic explanation so please correct me if I get any details wrong people!
A microdriver is a very small dynamic driver. That is, a small diagphram being pushed forward or backwards by a magnet assembly. The supposed advantage of a micro driver is that
a) You can bring the driver much closer to the ear and thus reduce possible resonances from the ear canal or earpiece body
b) You can improve transient response by having a very small driver, just like a BA
c) Very broad frequency range from a single driver compared to a BA
A BA driver is a small moving element that is suspended (or balanced) between two magnets. Since the moving element has even less mass than a micro driver supposedly it can move much faster. The disadvantage of BA drivers seem to be that they cannot move a great deal of air because of their small mass, and therefore are limited in the range of frequencies they cover. This is why it has become a common practice to put several different BA's in a single earphone to cover more frequencies.post #79 of 859/26/13 at 12:13pmpost #80 of 8510/10/13 at 1:25amThread Starterpost #81 of 8510/10/13 at 6:27ampost #82 of 8512/4/13 at 4:00pm
I am writing to congratulate you on the excellent work.
This file was by far the best article I've read on the subject I found very realistic.
I was actually intending to buy Westone, UE 900 only by appeal to be the most expensive and better and now I saw that this is not so.
I love music and like to listen to them on Ipad Smartphone. Now think of buying VSonic GR07 Pro Dynamic MK2 or RE-400.
Congratulations once more.
ADALBERTOpost #83 of 8512/11/13 at 9:53amReally thinking of going for the RE-400 to listen to Trance now.
Unless I can find either UE900. XBA-40 or BA-200 really cheap, which I doubt.
For the price of around £60 RE-400 simply can't be beaten on value.post #84 of 8512/11/13 at 4:29pm
Thanks for the review. But I largely disagree, I would not say that vsonic and hifiman undermine market. Neutral sound of gr07be with sibilance it's product not top level and should cost max 90$ like re-400 but not 180$ as before, it's commerce, baby. Large companies and сorporation spend a lot of money on innovation they move progress.post #85 of 8512/28/13 at 1:48pmGreat write up. The prices for plastic headphones is ridiculous. I personally buy then used and refurbished. 500 for westone 4r's when we can get something with the same sound much less is ridiculousReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Where do I go from the M100s? 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 34 seconds ago
- › Classical recommendations based on my limited tastes 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Any albums where you love EVERY song 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Too much info. need advice. 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude