I'm guessing that a_recording will find the SE846 incredibly overprice when compared to cheaper, universal dynamics! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 8/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Problems with the UE900s anyone? Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Logitech UE 900 Brand new Boxed. Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:23am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- I'm not enjoying my ue900.... What should I get instead? Last post on 11/14/13 at 7:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unicorn possible?: bluetooth headphone amp? Last post on 11/12/13 at 10:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I feel stupid for asking this, but is UE coming out with a UE 900 replacement this year? Last post on 11/23/13 at 7:40am in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
[COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40 - Page 6post #76 of 849/16/13 at 6:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 849/16/13 at 8:36ampost #78 of 849/26/13 at 7:11amThread Starter
Oops! I missed this. This is a very basic explanation so please correct me if I get any details wrong people!
A microdriver is a very small dynamic driver. That is, a small diagphram being pushed forward or backwards by a magnet assembly. The supposed advantage of a micro driver is that
a) You can bring the driver much closer to the ear and thus reduce possible resonances from the ear canal or earpiece body
b) You can improve transient response by having a very small driver, just like a BA
c) Very broad frequency range from a single driver compared to a BA
A BA driver is a small moving element that is suspended (or balanced) between two magnets. Since the moving element has even less mass than a micro driver supposedly it can move much faster. The disadvantage of BA drivers seem to be that they cannot move a great deal of air because of their small mass, and therefore are limited in the range of frequencies they cover. This is why it has become a common practice to put several different BA's in a single earphone to cover more frequencies.post #79 of 849/26/13 at 12:13pmpost #80 of 8410/10/13 at 1:25amThread Starterpost #81 of 8410/10/13 at 6:27ampost #82 of 8412/4/13 at 4:00pm
I am writing to congratulate you on the excellent work.
This file was by far the best article I've read on the subject I found very realistic.
I was actually intending to buy Westone, UE 900 only by appeal to be the most expensive and better and now I saw that this is not so.
I love music and like to listen to them on Ipad Smartphone. Now think of buying VSonic GR07 Pro Dynamic MK2 or RE-400.
Congratulations once more.
ADALBERTOpost #83 of 8412/11/13 at 9:53amReally thinking of going for the RE-400 to listen to Trance now.
Unless I can find either UE900. XBA-40 or BA-200 really cheap, which I doubt.
For the price of around £60 RE-400 simply can't be beaten on value.post #84 of 8412/11/13 at 4:29pm
Thanks for the review. But I largely disagree, I would not say that vsonic and hifiman undermine market. Neutral sound of gr07be with sibilance it's product not top level and should cost max 90$ like re-400 but not 180$ as before, it's commerce, baby. Large companies and сorporation spend a lot of money on innovation they move progress.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 9 seconds ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 50 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 51 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X... 1 minute ago
- › RHA's running a MA750 and MA600 review programme 3 minutes ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 8 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables feedback thread 8 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 9 minutes ago
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe