I'm guessing that a_recording will find the SE846 incredibly overprice when compared to cheaper, universal dynamics! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 8/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- UE 900 mods Last post on 2/8/15 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MMCX headphone cable for iphone Last post on 12/19/14 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bought RHA T10i to replace UE 900 Last post on 3/12/15 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question regarding UE900 and UE TripeFi 10 Last post on 9/10/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable amp for iPod classic Last post on 8/27/14 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 4/13/15
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
[COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40 - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oops! I missed this. This is a very basic explanation so please correct me if I get any details wrong people!
A microdriver is a very small dynamic driver. That is, a small diagphram being pushed forward or backwards by a magnet assembly. The supposed advantage of a micro driver is that
a) You can bring the driver much closer to the ear and thus reduce possible resonances from the ear canal or earpiece body
b) You can improve transient response by having a very small driver, just like a BA
c) Very broad frequency range from a single driver compared to a BA
A BA driver is a small moving element that is suspended (or balanced) between two magnets. Since the moving element has even less mass than a micro driver supposedly it can move much faster. The disadvantage of BA drivers seem to be that they cannot move a great deal of air because of their small mass, and therefore are limited in the range of frequencies they cover. This is why it has become a common practice to put several different BA's in a single earphone to cover more frequencies.
I am writing to congratulate you on the excellent work.
This file was by far the best article I've read on the subject I found very realistic.
I was actually intending to buy Westone, UE 900 only by appeal to be the most expensive and better and now I saw that this is not so.
I love music and like to listen to them on Ipad Smartphone. Now think of buying VSonic GR07 Pro Dynamic MK2 or RE-400.
Congratulations once more.
Unless I can find either UE900. XBA-40 or BA-200 really cheap, which I doubt.
For the price of around £60 RE-400 simply can't be beaten on value.
Thanks for the review. But I largely disagree, I would not say that vsonic and hifiman undermine market. Neutral sound of gr07be with sibilance it's product not top level and should cost max 90$ like re-400 but not 180$ as before, it's commerce, baby. Large companies and сorporation spend a lot of money on innovation they move progress.
Hey, just wanted to say that this paragraph is probably one of the best I've ever read in a headphone, or pretty much any technology, review:
You definitely have a career in journalism if you so desire. Also, thanks for your thoughts on the quad armatures. It's not confidence-inspiring to find out the UE 900 have all these defects two days after paying $200 for them on Amazon (refurbished), but still. Good stuff.
Edited by jadawgis732 - 12/17/14 at 6:46pm
- [COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900 vs. Sony XBA-40
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 25 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › "The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › Windows always defaults to 5.1... 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Fatal flaw with Audeze EL-8 ??? 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Crack + Speedball + Aftermarket Potentiometer 4 minutes ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2