Gentlemen, I have to admit that I need some help & advices here. I got lost with the technical stuff like "rooting", "ROMing", "UAPP"...
So, let me summarize what I need and someone could may be guide me step by step (Head-Fi for Dummies)
I have a HUGO USB DAC/AMP that I love. I use today a AK100 as a source. SQ is good, but UI is prehistoric and there is no possibility to stream Music from internet
So... I need a very good source for the HUGO that :
- Can stream-out 24/192 to the HUGO without Downsampling the music. I want HUGO to received the native bitrate and play the music with the BEST SQ possible.
- Can stream Internet Radio & HD plateforme like Qobuz (to discover new music)
- offer expansion memory to accept my large High-Res music library
- offer a player that offer a very pleasant and powerful UI with good playlist support.
- I DO NOT INTEND TO USE THE NOTE 3 AS A PHONE ! JUST AS AN AUSIO PLAYER WITH WIFI FOR STREAMING MUSIC FROM INTERNET
- I DO NOT INTEND TO USE THE INTERNAL DAC/AMP. I WILL USE IT ONLY AS A SOURCE FOR MY HUGO DAC.
So I thought about the Note3 (and it's BIG Screen :-), with the idea to :
- install on it Qobuz and some other Internet radio,
- use an MicroSD>SD adapter to use 256 Gb SD card
- and find an Android player, with a better UI than UAPP, that could still play 24/192 (no real need for DSD) through my HUGO ( I like for example BlackPlayer that has a Gorgeous UI & playlist support, but... I do not know if it can play 24/192 to my hugo)
So, I have some questions:
- What is the benefit of rooting ? Changing ROM ? does it improve SQ also when using an external DAC ?
- is UAPP still the ONLY player that can play & stream 24/192 to an external dac ? Are there "better looking" player with excellent SQ (still, when using an external DAC)
- Can someone help by telling me exactly what to do, what to install on it, WHAT TO DESACTIVATE (that is not usefull for my application, and reduce SQ or battery)
Thanks in advance
Edited by bmichels - 5/2/14 at 11:21pm