Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) - Page 41

post #601 of 694
If you decide to root, definitely install Viper4Android. Night and day difference.
post #602 of 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

If you decide to root, definitely install Viper4Android. Night and day difference.
I might root in a year or so but a bit wary with a brand new device.
Hey just looking at it now, has anyone else noticed, it's Samsung Tocco's big brother!! God I loved that phone, and it had a metal back!
post #603 of 694
Totally understandable. There were some major issues with rooting that device when it was first released. Great phone though, for sure. My favorite to date.
post #604 of 694
Totally agree, I came from the Note 2 which I loved but this seems so much more refined somehow.
post #605 of 694
I did as well, Note 2 was an incredible phone, but Sammy really killed it with the N3. I can't wait for the N4. I went to check out the S5, I really like the water resistant idea, but couldn't pull the trigger. I have Tmobile, jump plan, it would have cost me about $40, and in 6 months I could grab the N4, but I honestly love this phone.
post #606 of 694
It was between the N3 and S5 for me too but I just couldn't accept a smaller screen after the N2. Somehow they've managed to give the N3 a larger screen and make it appear/feel smaller. Bedt phone ever, looking forward to the N4 but might make me regret jumping ship early haha.
post #607 of 694

I was testing both the Fiio X5 and the E17 as a USB DAC with the Note 3 (latest firmware - 4.4.2)

 

The E17 works, the X5 doesn't - it tries to start as USB DAC - but keeps flipping back and forth between DAC and player - especially when playing a song.  The X5 shows it is in DAC mode - then I try and start a song on the Note 3 - I hear a second or two - then the player stops - and the X5 toggles away from DAC mode.  On the E17 - works beautifully (major improvement on stock Note 3 sound)

 

Anyone else see this issue before  ifile a bug??

post #608 of 694
@lawrecedent- Felt the same way. The screen size difference was big, but the footprint was much closer. N3 is a better fit for me.
post #609 of 694

Hi guys, soon I will root my Note 3 to install Viper4Android. I have some questions regarding this. Could you please post the best settings, if there are any, to use the V4A with my Sennheiser Momentum?

Should I also install the volume boost fix or it's not needed with Viper4Android?

 

Thanks in advance

post #610 of 694
Hey,

I just recevied my Note3 a couple of days ago. I am using Poweramp on it and think that it sounds wonderful. I am curious if anyone has been using it with an Audioquest dragonfly and OTG cable ? I have started to use one, but am confused as to why the color on the dragonfly is not changing when I go to different resolution albums. If anyone has any suggestions to make that happen, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren
post #611 of 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcrane View Post

Hey,

I just recevied my Note3 a couple of days ago. I am using Poweramp on it and think that it sounds wonderful. I am curious if anyone has been using it with an Audioquest dragonfly and OTG cable ? I have started to use one, but am confused as to why the color on the dragonfly is not changing when I go to different resolution albums. If anyone has any suggestions to make that happen, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren

 

You really need to use USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) if you're using the Dragonfly, which limits you to local playback (sort of, you can do individual song selections from streaming devices, however that isn't the most user-friendly option obviously). I have a 128GB card in my Note 3 and absolutely LOVE using the Dragonfly with it, the form factor is too perfect and the sound is wonderful for portable.

 

UAPP lets you control the amp volume level on the Dragonfly also, which you otherwise won't be able to do.

post #612 of 694
Thanks for your thoughts... so I now have UAPP playing in trial mode.. Sounds nice. I was talking to the dev team for this app and they said they are releasing a new version early next week with the option to search and add folders. I will buy it absolutely when that is implemented.

As I mentioned, I am using Poweramp now and I am consistantly getting music through the dragonfly but without the rate changing on the dragonfly. What format do you think the dragonfly is outputting ? You think its upconverting everything to 96kHz ?
post #613 of 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcrane View Post

Thanks for your thoughts... so I now have UAPP playing in trial mode.. Sounds nice. I was talking to the dev team for this app and they said they are releasing a new version early next week with the option to search and add folders. I will buy it absolutely when that is implemented.

As I mentioned, I am using Poweramp now and I am consistantly getting music through the dragonfly but without the rate changing on the dragonfly. What format do you think the dragonfly is outputting ? You think its upconverting everything to 96kHz ?

look in your manual. the color of the LED on the dragonfly shows you what signal it is receiving.

 

Personally when i had a DF (v1.0), it would either play at 48 or 96. stuff 48 and below went to 48, and 88.2/96/192 all went to my DF at 96.

 

The UAPP played them at 44.1/48/88.2/96 when appropriate.

 

This story is the same for my current HRT MicroStreamer.

post #614 of 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayza View Post

look in your manual. the color of the LED on the dragonfly shows you what signal it is receiving.

 

Personally when i had a DF (v1.0), it would either play at 48 or 96. stuff 48 and below went to 48, and 88.2/96/192 all went to my DF at 96.

 

The UAPP played them at 44.1/48/88.2/96 when appropriate.

 

This story is the same for my current HRT MicroStreamer.

 



I have looked in my manual and it states that the color I am outputting is 96kHz. I know that the files I am playing right now though are 44khz, which lead to my confusion. This pink color never changes with Poweramp which lead to my original question of Poweramp upconverting to 96kHz.

Best,
Darren
post #615 of 694

Been a while since I had the DF, but from memory was always lit purple (but output was 48khz, so should have been blue??)...

 

Poweramp does NOT treat the USB signal properly :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)