Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) - Page 34

post #496 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post
 

Yes:cool:.

Thanks
:beerchug:

post #497 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post
 

Yes:cool:.

 

Do you mind letting us know what spec they made it too? I may request one too :)

 

That said, I did just get the one from TTVJ and it's fine, if not quite as pretty.

post #498 of 712
After I upgraded my N900 Exynos to KitKat 4.4.2, l suddenly noticed its music sound kicked ass. l was really amazed to find out it sounds totally different than before: the sound has become more natural, with a solid and punchy bass, and superior imaging. Before the upgrade I had bought a pair of Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear, which disappointed me so much that I stopped wearing them. After the upgrade l wondered why my daily driver Monster Turbines started to sound so much better, and tried the Momentum OE on again... Wow
post #499 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

 

Do you mind letting us know what spec they made it too? I may request one too :)

 

That said, I did just get the one from TTVJ and it's fine, if not quite as pretty.

 

8cm, Silver, If my memory serves me right:o 

post #500 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by froes View Post
 

A downmix would requite a valid multichannel processing at the top of the signal chain.

 

My thoughts point into the following direction: a possibility to play 5.1 with a determined 5.1 to 2.0 processing like Dolby Headphone or much better the way a Smyth Realizer works, casted in a software algorithm.


I checked it out by myself with a set of test files.

It plays FLAC (not WAV) 5.1 24/192 with mixdown.


Edited by froes - 2/12/14 at 4:41am
post #501 of 712
I plan to use my coming note 3 with a tube amp TA-1 ( not actually tube amp but sounds almost like one ) and a CIEM.
Question 1: is the dac of note 3 good enough? Does it distort music often?

Question 2: I like a slight u-shaped sound. Would a tubey amp + warm CIEM + note 3 sound muffled to me?

Thanks for your help guys! smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by lookingforIEMs - 2/19/14 at 4:17am
post #502 of 712

Btw: Is this thread about Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or any other stuff like tube amps, matching mostly any other audio output capable device?

 

I could tell the question: Does the head phone XYZ fit my head when attached to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3? ;)


Edited by froes - 2/19/14 at 5:38am
post #503 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by froes View Post

Btw: Is this thread about Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or any other stuff like tube amps, matching mostly any other audio output capable device?

I could tell the question: Does the head phone XYZ fit my head when attached to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3? wink.gif

Woah woah woah there sorry if I offended you by asking a question. I assumed this thread has note 3 owners and that they are familiar with it's sound thus they could give a simple advice.
post #504 of 712

Note 3 with Dragonfly is the real deal now- fellow member discovered using UAPP allows the volume to be separate from the Note, letting it be more than loud enough whereas before (under the Note's volume control) it did not.

Great combo. The only negative is it drains the battery a little faster vs. a unit that has a built in battery.

post #505 of 712

is there plans for USBAPP to come one day to the level of GUI of the Android player ? and to improve it's playlist support ? 

post #506 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by nallyvaico View Post

After I upgraded my N900 Exynos to KitKat 4.4.2, l suddenly noticed its music sound kicked ass. l was really amazed to find out it sounds totally different than before: the sound has become more natural, with a solid and punchy bass, and superior imaging. Before the upgrade I had bought a pair of Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear, which disappointed me so much that I stopped wearing them. After the upgrade l wondered why my daily driver Monster Turbines started to sound so much better, and tried the Momentum OE on again... Wow

 

thats interesting - I've had my phone a week and initially was very disappointed with anything played via stock player - including Spotify (which I think plays "through Android" so to speak), yet Poweramp and Neturon sounded pretty good

 

Spotify and others though - sounded weak, poor - not great compared to my Iphone 4

 

well this morning got my KitKat upgrade to my Note 3 (UK version) and I'm sure, near positive that Spotify now sounds far far better - it was immediately noticeable

 

it now sounds as good - if not better than my Iphone 4

 

either before Spotify wasn't syncing at "extreme quality" properly, or KitKat has definitely changed the way the "DAC" is addressed from the OS

post #507 of 712

also odd I'd describe change in sound almost same as you nallyvaico

 

before in Spotify - there was very little stereo imaging, highs and mids sounded "coarse" and bass was there but had no clout whatsoever - gave impression of bass more than actually produced any

 

now its almost the opposite, bass is punchy but not overblow, the coarse-ness has gone, and the stereo imaging is far wider

 

since I don't believe in "Burn-in" - I can only think something has changed

post #508 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by KosanRio View Post
 

Anyone know of an alternative player besides the stock Samsung music player that supports proper 24-bit 192KHz audio? and doesn't down sample it down to 44.1/44.8?

Does stock player down samples audio on qualcomm version of Note 3?

post #509 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post
 

Note 3 with Dragonfly is the real deal now-


How to connect Dragonfly to Note 3? Special adapter or any can be used? Maybe u can provide ebay link?

post #510 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 View Post
 


How to connect Dragonfly to Note 3? Special adapter or any can be used? Maybe u can provide ebay link?

Sorry to answer this from you:DTim

 

All you need is an otg cable

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC0.A0.H0.Xnote+3+otg+cable&_nkw=note+3+otg+cable&_sacat=0&_from=R40

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)