or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) - Page 22

post #316 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmelade View Post

Note 3 based on snapdragon should be same as G2 since they have same DAC and only 2 smartphones capable of 24\192 as for Xperia heard that they have not really good sound wia headphones

Ok, that's good to learn! At least if hardware is similar, there might be ways to import features from the Note to the G2 to make them sound alike. Thank you smily_headphones1.gif
post #317 of 724
Just because they have the same tech under the hood, doesn't mean the 2 phones will sound alike. The implementation of the tech matters as well.
post #318 of 724
Then I need to test unamped and amped the two phones... If I recall there are some Note available to demo in my city. But I don't think I'll find any G2 to demo.
post #319 of 724

The Exynos Note3 is unable to play HD music when connected to the Apex glacier(only 16/44.1 plays flawlessly).

The Snapdragon Note3 is able to play HD music with the Apex Glacier flawlessly.

post #320 of 724

Please don't quote Hydrogen on this forum.  It is the website for people who hate high fidelity music systems. It is for scientists. The Note 3 I had sounded really, really bad.  I returned it for the G2 which sounds much better.  I don't know why. I really don't care. I have decades of being involved with the high fidelity reproduction of music in the home.  If it sounds good to you that is all you need to know.

post #321 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysohn View Post

Please don't quote Hydrogen on this forum.  It is the website for people who hate high fidelity music systems. It is for scientists. The Note 3 I had sounded really, really bad.  I returned it for the G2 which sounds much better.  I don't know why. I really don't care. I have decades of being involved with the high fidelity reproduction of music in the home.  If it sounds good to you that is all you need to know.
1) On Hydro - no comment
2) Note 3 - which version?? "Sounded bad" how? Headphones out or line out? What headphones/system then? What player on the Note 3?
post #322 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by nallyvaico View Post

1) On Hydro - no comment
2) Note 3 - which version?? "Sounded bad" how? Headphones out or line out? What headphones/system then? What player on the Note 3?
His note 3 perhaps sounds bad mine sounds very good 😆😚
Maybe the cause of many mixed opinion is a not quality controlled production line.
Also I'm speaking as hold audiophile listener ...
Anyhow this is very confusing tread and this is my last post in note 3 tread...
Edited by gattari - 11/13/13 at 5:44pm
post #323 of 724

I got my OTG (Note 3 specific connector) cable today. I plugged in my HiFimeDIY DAC and immediately hit play on Poweramp and it played immediately (no configuration necessary). My Headstage DAC cable played as well. Unforunately my Dragonfly did not play correctly. I guess it needs more power than is available from the Note 3.

post #324 of 724
Mine (Snapdragon version) was able to use my Dragonfly no problem.
post #325 of 724
Hey truckdriver how would you compare the hifime to the dragonfly? I am going to buy one of these 2 soon and would like an opinion on how they compare to each other.
post #326 of 724

any other opinion for comparing Exynos and Snapdragon version?


Edited by phanny - 11/13/13 at 9:29pm
post #327 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanny View Post
 

any other opinion for comparing Exynos and Snapdragon version?

 

 I did some extensive testing for 3 days between both using my JH16, and I concluded , both have their weaknesses and strong points in SQ, but all I can say is that I kept the snapdragon version because it was able to run with almost all my dacs , where as the exynos was not.

 

This is my choice, and I am not saying the snapdragon is better in SQ.

 


Edited by turokrocks - 11/13/13 at 10:13pm
post #328 of 724

turokrocks,

What Beyerdynamic version is in the pictures?

post #329 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 I did some extensive testing for 3 days between both using my JH16, and I concluded , both have their weaknesses and strong points in SQ, but all I can say is that I kept the snapdragon version because it was able to run with almost all my dacs , where as the exynos was not.

 

This is my choice, and I am not saying the snapdragon is better in SQ.

 

 

 

Still rocking the Glacier I see. I presume then that yours is working with your Note 3? Seems mine is the only one that isn't, but then I think mine is faulty, as the Glacier is unresponsive at every startup and requires a reset to start to work at all (and even then not with the Note 3). Awaiting email about where to send it for warranty fix, really hope it works after that - it is just such a nice form factor to pair with a phone like the Note! Are you using dual-locking tape to affix it to your phone there?

post #330 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

 

Still rocking the Glacier I see. I presume then that yours is working with your Note 3? Seems mine is the only one that isn't, but then I think mine is faulty, as the Glacier is unresponsive at every startup and requires a reset to start to work at all (and even then not with the Note 3). Awaiting email about where to send it for warranty fix, really hope it works after that - it is just such a nice form factor to pair with a phone like the Note! Are you using dual-locking tape to affix it to your phone there?

Hello my favorite Android user.

Yes it worked with both the Snapdragon and exynos flawlessly, but only the snapdragon was able to play HD with it.

The form factor, color and sound with the note 3 are phenomenal.

Sorry about yours but Todd is a wonderful gentleman and he will give you the address of Pete(I think) for your to send it for repair.

I am using this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-SJ4570-LOW-PROFILE-ADHESIVE-DUAL-LOCK-VELCRO-CLEAR-/250856312855?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&var=&hash=item3a68339017

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-3M-SJ4570-Low-Profile-Dual-Lock-25mm-X-1m-/181240405062?pt=UK_BOI_Retail_Shop_Fitting_POS_Equipment_ET&hash=item2a32c51c46

its almost invisible.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)