Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) - Page 8

post #106 of 582

Had the N9005 for about a week, couldn't be happier...

 

This is definitely the phone I've been waiting for, great screen, great sound, great functionality - makes the HTC One look primeval!!!

 

Happy :)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #107 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattari View Post

Thanks Tattari
I have a doubt for European vers
The volume may be cut because of European legislation. This happened with other smartphones and walkman... for example the sony walkman z.

As you'll probably be able to testify, I can say that the European version has no notable volume deficiencies at all!

 

One thing that puzzles me though, Neutron only displays the hardware as having a maximum sample rate of 48khz - so, is it that Neutron isn't coded properly, or that the UHQ of the stock player is a bit of a smoke screen?

post #108 of 582
Duncan I agree about volume.
Where neutron display max rate of 48khz?
I use neutron also.

edit
Yes... I seen 48khz rigth now in audio hardware section.
I ask for this question in neutron forum.
Edited by gattari - 10/11/13 at 5:04pm
post #109 of 582

Just ordered a SD800 note 3 and it's in-route to my house, but then today a Sony Z1 t-mobile USA version image got leak out, and now i have to decide to return the note 3 or not, how is the sound on the z1?

post #110 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laciel View Post

Just ordered a SD800 note 3 and it's in-route to my house, but then today a Sony Z1 t-mobile USA version image got leak out, and now i have to decide to return the note 3 or not, how is the sound on the z1?

Not a fans of the Sony Xperia z1 sound on there stock player app, but the camera is damn good. Almost good enough to sway me from the Note3 to it, almost....
post #111 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Not a fans of the Sony Xperia z1 sound on there stock player app, but the camera is damn good. Almost good enough to sway me from the Note3 to it, almost....

Nah...

 

Once you've seen the screen of the Note 3, and heard it's SQ, that'll be enough to make you realise that no phone camera, no matter how good, will be the sole reason for getting a handset...

 

If it were the case, we'd all end up with Nokia Pureviews :)

 

...That said, having had the original Xperia Z, I did like the dust / water protection - first (and only) phone I was happy to use in the rain...

 

:(

post #112 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post

Nah...

Once you've seen the screen of the Note 3, and heard it's SQ, that'll be enough to make you realise that no phone camera, no matter how good, will be the sole reason for getting a handset...

If it were the case, we'd all end up with Nokia Pureviews smily_headphones1.gif

...That said, having had the original Xperia Z, I did like the dust / water protection - first (and only) phone I was happy to use in the rain...

frown.gif

Yup that's why I am with my n9005. smily_headphones1.gif

But the Z1 camera is seriously better than most compacts with 1/2.3 sensors. Even the "premium" ones. It is not about the megapixels at all. The AWB, AF/AE are spot on and it's jpeg engine is excellent. Output is natural and not oversatusrated with good edge to edge sharpness. MUCH better than the Nokia's imho. I can get very usable images on it. And I'm a picky camera dude who still lugged around my 5D mk3 or at least EM-5 with my prime lenses on most trips I went on.
Edited by kkcc - 10/11/13 at 6:01pm
post #113 of 582

kkcc,

 

Yes, whilst I've not handled the Z1, I have read all of the reviews (it isn't even funny just how many handsets I've had in the past few months!), and - the other phone that I have alongside the Note 3 (the HTC One) is looking very old / tired to me now, but - that ultrapixel camera, it does do good in low light conditions...

 

If the larger CMOS in the Sony allows for good low light photos, alongside it's great quality daylight shots, then - I think the HTC One will be going bye-bye...

 

Just wish that Sony would sort their viewing angles out though... :(

post #114 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattari View Post

Duncan I agree about volume.
Where neutron display max rate of 48khz?
I use neutron also.

edit
Yes... I seen 48khz rigth now in audio hardware section.
I ask for this question in neutron forum.

I can say that even though Neutron displays 16bit 48khz as hardware, at least through USB it does transmit correctly, 24/96 (only have a Fiio E17 that displays data information, so cannot confirm 192khz is transmitted, but cannot believe it wouldn't be!)

 

This is a killer phone, haha - running Note 3 [24/96] -> Fiio E17 [LOD - L7] -> Fiio E12 -> TF10 is quite a monster setup, but - sounds great :D

 

Ooh, better edit - the stock player swaps sample rate over USB depending on the files, but Neutron keeps it at 24/96 even if playing 16/44 etc.

 

Sweet as a nut! :D

post #115 of 582

So far no clue on the DAC maker/model, neither a sort of HIFI/tech test on the jack's output signal quality...cmon guys! 

post #116 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by RixNox View Post
 

So far no clue on the DAC maker/model, neither a sort of HIFI/tech test on the jack's output signal quality...cmon guys!

The jack is by far and away of a lesser quality than the E17+E12, so definitely not 'reference' quality, nowhere near, but - in its own right, it is far more acceptable to these ears than the HTC One, which was my phone of choice for the past six months...

 

The way these devices keep improving is scaring me - there must be an upper plateau at some point, where things just cannot improve - but, we're definitely not there yet :D

post #117 of 582

isn't there any test that can performed with a proper equipment and measure up jack's signal, possibly comparing it with other phones?

post #118 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Yup that's why I am with my n9005. smily_headphones1.gif

But the Z1 camera is seriously better than most compacts with 1/2.3 sensors. Even the "premium" ones. It is not about the megapixels at all. The AWB, AF/AE are spot on and it's jpeg engine is excellent. Output is natural and not oversatusrated with good edge to edge sharpness. MUCH better than the Nokia's imho. I can get very usable images on it. And I'm a picky camera dude who still lugged around my 5D mk3 or at least EM-5 with my prime lenses on most trips I went on.

 

The Z1 camera is really not that good, and I have handled one quite extensively. Their software processing algorithms are incredibly destructive and there is noise galore. I quite like the white balance and colour output, although it still isn't a patch on my 808 there. It's not a night and day improvement on the Note 3 camera, lets put it that way.

post #119 of 582
nz note 3 vs 808 hp out quality ? Im using 808 and its the best ive ever heard
post #120 of 582
I just received my Note 3. I'm using triple fi 10s with it. This is the 900v version (Verizon). With the stock player that Samsung gives you, the sound is just okay but with Neutron player the sound is absolutely awesome! It blows my iPhone 4s away. What a difference in clarity, seperation and depth. I'm so glad I got the Note 3. I used it on a 5k run yesterday inside a Tunebelt armband AB 89 (fits perfect) and in a Seidio Surface case (fabulous investments). I'm listening to 24 bit/92 kbs music mostly including Seal 1 & 2. It's as if I'm listening to this for the first time due to the nuances and detail I'm now hearing. The Neutron player is amazing but as many have said, has a confusing UK but after a while, I think I've got the hang of it. By the way, Head-Fi.org is terrific and so is this forum.Other sound impressions from any one? NOTE 3 vs iPhone 5s vs LG G1?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)