- 76 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productADL X1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - 96kHz/24-Bittagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productGo-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod (LineAmp:OPA627±9VUPTune)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSony PHA-1 Headphone Amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productVentureCraft SounDroid Typhoontagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productV-MODA VAMP Verza Universal Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 and iPhone 5 - what about DAC Last post on 2/22/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC to use with my ipod Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp/DAC Last post on 7/17/14 at 5:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
iPods and External DACs - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Why convert? Just get the FLAC player and let it do the work, unless you need to save space.
But if I understand correctly the iPod will resample anything above 48khz/16bit to 48khz/16bit right?
So it has no use, imho, to feed flac players anything above that, so my guess is that i might as well resample any flacs that have higher frequencies and bit rates to appropriate alacs.
While i am at it anyway.
So i can fill my classic (with future PHA-1) and touch (with E01 or iBasso D-0) with the same files.
Does this include the ipod Classic? I ask because it's not IOS.
Also, is this Apogee interface compatible with the Classic?
Sorry to keep asking, but there aren't many choices out there, and I don't want to make a mistake.
Edited by dcfac73 - 2/2/14 at 3:47am
- iPods and External DACs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Capella Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › OnePlus One 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2