- 73 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productADL X1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - 96kHz/24-Bittagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productGo-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod (LineAmp:OPA627±9VUPTune)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSony PHA-1 Headphone Amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productVentureCraft SounDroid Typhoontagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productV-MODA VAMP Verza Universal Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 and iPhone 5 - what about DAC Last post on 2/22/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC to use with my ipod Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp/DAC Last post on 7/17/14 at 5:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
iPods and External DACs - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Why convert? Just get the FLAC player and let it do the work, unless you need to save space.
But if I understand correctly the iPod will resample anything above 48khz/16bit to 48khz/16bit right?
So it has no use, imho, to feed flac players anything above that, so my guess is that i might as well resample any flacs that have higher frequencies and bit rates to appropriate alacs.
While i am at it anyway.
So i can fill my classic (with future PHA-1) and touch (with E01 or iBasso D-0) with the same files.
Does this include the ipod Classic? I ask because it's not IOS.
Also, is this Apogee interface compatible with the Classic?
Sorry to keep asking, but there aren't many choices out there, and I don't want to make a mistake.
Edited by dcfac73 - 2/2/14 at 3:47am
- iPods and External DACs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 29 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible portable DAC/AMPs? 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › How can my computer make a better quality sound? 6 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3