- 71 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productADL X1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - 96kHz/24-Bittagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productGo-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod (LineAmp:OPA627±9VUPTune)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSony PHA-1 Headphone Amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productVentureCraft SounDroid Typhoontagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productV-MODA VAMP Verza Universal Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 and iPhone 5 - what about DAC Last post on 2/22/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC to use with my ipod Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Any info/reviews of the Soundblaster E3 and E1? Last post on Today at 11:12 am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
iPods and External DACs - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Why convert? Just get the FLAC player and let it do the work, unless you need to save space.
But if I understand correctly the iPod will resample anything above 48khz/16bit to 48khz/16bit right?
So it has no use, imho, to feed flac players anything above that, so my guess is that i might as well resample any flacs that have higher frequencies and bit rates to appropriate alacs.
While i am at it anyway.
So i can fill my classic (with future PHA-1) and touch (with E01 or iBasso D-0) with the same files.
Does this include the ipod Classic? I ask because it's not IOS.
Also, is this Apogee interface compatible with the Classic?
Sorry to keep asking, but there aren't many choices out there, and I don't want to make a mistake.
Edited by dcfac73 - 2/2/14 at 3:47am
- iPods and External DACs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphones fast and slow just now
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 4 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 20 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 22 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 27 seconds ago
- › I need help!!! 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Best looking tube amp 1 minute ago
- › Am I wasting my time with a computer-based audio system? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)