Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iPods and External DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPods and External DACs - Page 2

post #16 of 41

Added the new Cypher Labs Theorem to the list.

post #17 of 41
Sub'd
post #18 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by voteforpedro View Post

Sorry for my ignorance. What does cck mean?
Camera connection kit. The ones they use with iPads.
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcheong View Post


Camera connection kit. The ones they use with iPads.

Silly question: does it work for regular iPod/iPhones?

post #20 of 41

I use a wadia170i Ipod dock for extracting digital into to my Audio-gd 19 dsp DAC, which works fine..

 

From what I understood not many ipod docks extract digital info..

post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Silly question: does it work for regular iPod/iPhones?
If I remember correctly, they don't frown.gif
post #22 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinto View Post

I use a wadia170i Ipod dock for extracting digital into to my Audio-gd 19 dsp DAC, which works fine..

 

From what I understood not many ipod docks extract digital info..

Yes, the iTransport is the very first MFI iPod DAC, but now there are more and more development, especially portable DAC, that is Apple MFI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcheong View Post


If I remember correctly, they don't frown.gif

Figures, that will only be too easy for us wouldn't it.

post #23 of 41
Thread Starter 

*sigh* Why does Hong Kong Apple Store have such mediocre customer service, made me ditch my plan of getting a Classic as a DAP. 

 

Any thoughts of hooking an amp to the new iBasso DX50?

post #24 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas L View Post

*sigh* Why does Hong Kong Apple Store have such mediocre customer service, made me ditch my plan of getting a Classic as a DAP. 

 

Any thoughts of hooking an amp to the new iBasso DX50?

The DX50 has no optical out, only analog and coaxial.  Any analog amp should do a decent job, and the Headamp Pico Slim, Headstage Arrow, or even the JDS Labs C5 should do a decent job.

post #25 of 41

The wadia is a dock, not a dac..
 

post #26 of 41

Sorry, I meant a DD, but it is the first MFI DD never the less.

post #27 of 41
Hi,

Are there any limits in the MFI output?

The Sony PHA 1 just accepts 24bits 48khz not more from an iPod, while it can accept higher values from a PC usb input...

?

Thanks for listening...
post #28 of 41

That's normal.  iPads can do 24/96 I think but iPod/iPhones are only 16/48 and that's Apple's fault.

post #29 of 41
So it has no use to create 24bits/48khz alacs from hires files for iPod/PHA I playback? 16bits/48 will do just as well?

(just did some 24bits/96khz to 24/48khz conversions and noticed extra hiss in them when played on ipod touch)
Edited by TonyVier - 9/9/13 at 2:14am
post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVier View Post

So it has no use to create 24bits/48khz alacs from hires files for iPod/PHA I playback? 16bits/44.1 will do just as well?

(just did some 24bits/96khz to 24/48khz conversions and noticed extra hiss in them when played on ipod touch)

 

No, it will just be down sampled from the iPod.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iPods and External DACs