Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Headphones 300 or under, used or new, for music and games
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphones 300 or under, used or new, for music and games

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

I currently have a xonar dx for a dac, and a schiit magni for an AMP, i have a pair of ultrasone 550's which i think are great but its time for me to upgrade. I listen to metal, electronica, rap, and classical, I also like FPS games, so they have to be good for FPS games.

 

What headphones should I get?

post #2 of 17
Id say get the Sony mdr ma900.
post #3 of 17

For closed full-size cans @ $300, I would say Mr. Speakers Mad Dog and it's not even close. Orthodynamic drivers so you'll need your amp to properly drive it. Read the Mad Dog appreciation thread and you'll see what others have said.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/666284/mrspeakers-mad-dog-impressions-and-discussion-thread

post #4 of 17

Audio Technica ATH-AD900X open headphones.

post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdfishes View Post

For closed full-size cans @ $300, I would say Mr. Speakers Mad Dog and it's not even close. Orthodynamic drivers so you'll need your amp to properly drive it. Read the Mad Dog appreciation thread and you'll see what others have said.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/666284/mrspeakers-mad-dog-impressions-and-discussion-thread

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Audio Technica ATH-AD900X open headpho

How are these both for gaming/bass/all types of music?

post #6 of 17
Ad900x is great for all genres, but if your looking for a lot of bass you'll be disappointed. They have pretty flat bass.
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Ad900x is great for all genres, but if your looking for a lot of bass you'll be disappointed. They have pretty flat bass.

Well, i can't say im looking for alot of bass, i'm just looking for around the same as my ultrasone pro 550's. I love my ultrasones and would upgrade to the 900's but after 2-3hours with them i get a headache, in which i think its there s logic tech

post #8 of 17

How much bass do they have?  Ive looked at some reviews but all people say is that they have "amazing bass", or "deep bass". 

post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 

well, they rattle on my head during rap songs, I had a pair of ATH AD700's before and well they were WAY too bass light. I'd like to hear and feel the bass, although i dont need my ears to explode. I mostly listen to metal, but i do listen to stuff with alot of bass aswell.

post #10 of 17

Hmm. You listen to two conflicting genres...  Id say either get:

The Philips Fidelio X1

            or

The Sony MDR MA900

 

The X1 has more bass and less mids.  The X1 I think should be very nice for you.

post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Hmm. You listen to two conflicting genres...  Id say either get:

The Philips Fidelio X1

            or

The Sony MDR MA900

 

The X1 has more bass and less mids.  The X1 I think should be very nice for you.

how would those be for directional cues aswell for gaming? im looking for a good allrounder but if i have two ill get 2 diff pairs of headphones if i can find a good deal used

post #12 of 17
Both are great at gaming, no worries. The x1 has more bass than the ma900.
post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 

alright, i bookmarked both headphones, are they any alternatives? I'd like to ask how the Q701 and DT990 600ohm are.

post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by renji1337 View Post

Alright, i bookmarked both headphones, are they any alternatives? I'd like to ask how the Q701 and DT990 600ohm are.

My DT990 Premium 600-Ohm are what I like to use with my Yamaha receiver, for cable TV and Blu-ray & DVD movies.

The DT990 are more about bass & treble, but vocals are clear.

Where as I'm guessing the Q701 will have stronger mid range & vocals (guessing).

post #15 of 17

Ive heard that the q701 is very lean on the bass, so i wouldnt recommend it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Headphones 300 or under, used or new, for music and games