I have been been searching this forum as a guest for quite a while now and finally decided to join. I`m a 17 year old from Ottawa (Canada) looking to buy a quality pair of headphones for the first time. As my poorly thought-out name suggests, I mostly listen to dubstep, trap and rap music. I do not consider myself a huge basshead (ok a little bit), but I will also (probably) never complain that a headphone has too much bass. Anyways, enough with the jibber-jabber, as I understand that it is much more pleasant to read/answer a short and concise question as opposed to a long one. Here are my requirements (willing to compromise a little):
- $200 to $400 (Canadian) (Firm)
- Decently comfortable
- Portable (will take with me everywhere, so need to be somewhat tough* without being overly bulky)
*I treat my belongings very well, so does not need to be a tank at all.
- Closed with acceptable isolation (again, taking these with me in public alot so...)
- Pretty good sound (Dubstep, rap and trap)
- Pretty good bass
- Can`t be picky about sources (will be connecting to latest iPod touch and laptop, both without amp)
- Good looking, however I understand that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, but I would still like to hear your opinions. Basically I just don`t wanna look like a gweedo (don`t like the way beats look, except for the pros), would like something a little more classy. (Think B&O H6)
- None o' them over-hyped collab brands like beats, etc. Bought some street by 50 in-ears about a year ago but I won`t get into that as I don`t think swearing in my first post is a good idea...
Here are a few cans I have been eyeing lately:
- Sony MDR-1R (300$)
- AKG K267 (350$)
- B&O H6 (400$, I know they do not have a lot of bass, but for neutral cans I heard they`re pretty good and I mean common, look at em'.)
After spending multiple weeks searching for hours and hours each day, I have come to the realization that there is no such thing as the perfect headphone so I understand that I will have to compromise a little on the guidelines that I just mentioned.
Guess that comment I made on keeping it short is kinda worthless, sorry guys...
P.S. will be travelling to Watertown and Syracuse in a few weeks so it`s ok to name a model which is only available in the U.S. or only in my price range in the U.S. or whateva. Also feel free to list any good headphone stores in either Ottawa or Syracuse/Watertown.
Edited by DubRapAndTrap - 8/22/13 at 8:08am