- 17 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help with a Headphone Buying Decision (QC15, M50, HD598, HD558, Momentums, COP, MDR1R) Last post on 5/27/13 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath m50 or hd 558 Last post on 2/24/13 at 5:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones.... Last post on 1/15/13 at 11:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda M-80 vs Custom One Pro vs HD558 vs UE6000 Last post on 1/8/13 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 558 / 598 cracking issue? (Or Recomend me some other Headphones) Last post on 1/16/13 at 11:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
UE6000 or M50 or HD 558 ?post #1 of 38/20/13 at 8:40pmThread StarterWhich sounds the best: UE6000 or M50 or HD 558 ? Are they all pretty transparent & neutral sounding? If anyone's tried any of them, how do you think they compare? Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/20/13 at 8:51pm
UE6000 is fairly neutral, but definitely has a bass tilt. Same with the M50.
HD598 is also fairly neutral, but is actually somewhat tilted towards treble.
The UE6000 is on sale in-store at Best Buy for $99, if you live in the U.S., and nothing beats them at that price point.post #3 of 38/21/13 at 12:29pmI haven't heard the ue6000,but the 558 completely blows the m50s out of the water. The m50s are tinny sounding, with recessed mids and bloated bass. The 598s aren't necessarily neutral, as they are colored, but they are much closer than the m50s. They also have amazing mids, and I didn't find the highs or bass lacking, either. Unless you need a closed can, I'd go for the 558s.
Edited by jwusoccer - 8/21/13 at 12:30pm
- UE6000 or M50 or HD 558 ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 23 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 28 seconds ago
- › ☆★☆New guy needs some recommendations on affordable amp☆★☆ 41 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 57 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg... 4 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe