Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax Thread III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Stax Thread III - Page 23

post #331 of 3325

Dang! I missed it.

post #332 of 3325

This must be due to the shift of the Yen against the US $, unfortunately the rest of the world, particularly Europe might not see much difference in prices   

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

Just posted here about this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/680660/new-lower-prices-on-stax-headphones-amplifiers-and-whiplash-cables

 

the long awaited price drop of STAX in the U.S. is here, and prices are now down about 15%

post #333 of 3325
Quote:Milosz

TASTY....!

post #334 of 3325
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

TASTY....!

 

Nice.  At least the rest of us can enjoy these.  I contacted the store, and the Omegas went for JPY 220,000, about US$2,200.

post #335 of 3325
Didn't know now Stax acquire food business.
post #336 of 3325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSO View Post
 

 

Nice.  At least the rest of us can enjoy these.  I contacted the store, and the Omegas went for JPY 220,000, about US$2,200.

Damn!

post #337 of 3325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSO View Post

Nice.  At least the rest of us can enjoy these.  I contacted the store, and the Omegas went for JPY 220,000, about US$2,200.

Damn I would've snagged it in an instant before you guys have the opportunity to bid on it.

Just to let you know the going market price for a good good-mint condition Omega with/without it's original box excluding the Japanese market is $3.4-3.9k. $4k is a bit pushing it anything bit over this range is borderlining flipping unless you're buying a NOS pair. $4.7k+ is flipping.

I got mine for 3.5 from Germany after Euro to AUD currency conversion. Didn't come with the advertisements and manuals though but I did get a HPS-1 stand to match.
Edited by DefQon - 9/9/13 at 3:04pm
post #338 of 3325
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post


Damn I would've snagged it in an instant before you guys have the opportunity to bid on it.

Just to let you know the going market price for a good good-mint condition Omega with/without it's original box excluding the Japanese market is $3.4-3.9k. $4k is a bit pushing it anything bit over this range is borderlining flipping unless you're buying a NOS pair. $4.7k+ is flipping.

I got mine for 3.5 from Germany after Euro to AUD currency conversion. Didn't come with the advertisements and manuals though but I did get a HPS-1 stand to match.

 

Thanks for this info DefQon, am now keeping my eyes open.  I did place the first (and perhaps only) bid while the auction lasted, but I would have kept up with the final price.  Still, am that much less broke, so I'll count my blessings for now.

post #339 of 3325

Had a feeling price drop was coming. Thank you bank of Japan for destroying the Yen. :D

post #340 of 3325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSO View Post
 

No problems. Of course if you can get a working pair with no history of abuse or swapped out transducers (Stax replaces all Omega's with O2 drivers if damaged) less expensive than even better. Use the above as baseline or reference.


Edited by DefQon - 9/10/13 at 2:55am
post #341 of 3325
Thread Starter 

It's worth checking with Craig at Kuboten if you seen an Omega I as at least one turned up that had OII drivers in it. It was put up for a relatively cheap price too.

post #342 of 3325

Problem is that often sellers don't know or won't say (very evasive) if the drivers have been replaced, so one has to be very careful when buying from a non trusted source or a private seller.

Thats why personally I have been loath to purchase off an auction site like fleabay or YahooJP 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
 

It's worth checking with Craig at Kuboten if you seen an Omega I as at least one turned up that had OII drivers in it. It was put up for a relatively cheap price too.

post #343 of 3325
It took me a while, but I've finally found a dynamic headphone that surpassed my SR-5nb. The Edition12. The SR-5 wasn't embarassed by the Beyerdynamic T90, wasn't embarassed by the HD700, and the Hifiman HE-6 just nudged it out but was far too heavy. I must seem completely nuts for going so high-end to dislodge a headphone I payed only $350 for from my system; but I desperately wanted something with more body to it's sound as well as a more forgiving nature.

My question is, what is a fair price to charge for my SR-5nb and it's accompanying SRD-6SB? I would charge the same price that I paid myself but I'm a clumsy oaf and I did some damage to the headband. As it is now, the left side won't stay adjusted and it affects comfort significantly. But I'm hoping there is someone out there who wants them for the drivers or has the means to fix it. How much should I knock off the price due to the damage? Should I post a picture?

Also I figured I'd give the STAX thread dibs as I never would have gotten this pair of headphones had this thread not existed in the first place. wink.gif
post #344 of 3325
My recollection was they are in the $150 range for the set in good condition without any issues. Others may have more accurate pricing.
post #345 of 3325
Quote:

Originally Posted by complin View Post

 

Problem is that often sellers don't know or won't say (very evasive) if the drivers have been replaced, so one has to be very careful when buying from a non trusted source or a private seller.

Thats why personally I have been loath to purchase off an auction site like fleabay or YahooJP 

 

That is true and that the SR-Omega fitted with new drivers by Stax sounds awful.  They don't both to seal the baffle so mad bass all around.  Fix that though and they sound very nice but I wonder how the Mk2 drivers would sound.  Only ever heard the Mk1's...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax Thread III