Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax Thread III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Stax Thread III - Page 114

post #1696 of 4360
Does anybody here do anything to protect their stax from humidity with something like silica packets or a dehumidifier box ( like the kind you'd use for cameras)?
post #1697 of 4360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Do want. LS is only Lambda haven't heard.


Shoot me a PM :beerchug:

post #1698 of 4360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post

Does anybody here do anything to protect their stax from humidity with something like silica packets or a dehumidifier box ( like the kind you'd use for cameras)?

Sorrily, I don't. They are just on their stand or lying on my desk.

 

Just a general question. Am I right in assuming it won't be harder for an electrostatic amp to drive 1 or 3 electrostats at the same time, as the impedance is so high and voltage swing is the real concern?

post #1699 of 4360
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Just a general question. Am I right in assuming it won't be harder for an electrostatic amp to drive 1 or 3 electrostats at the same time, as the impedance is so high and voltage swing is the real concern?

 

No no affect at all.

post #1700 of 4360

Now we are at it, have you ever driven a 006/T1 into clipping or the like and what did it take? It seems to have heaps of headroom to me, though I recognize more powerful amps might sound better.

post #1701 of 4360
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Now we are at it, have you ever driven a 006/T1 into clipping or the like and what did it take? It seems to have heaps of headroom to me, though I recognize more powerful amps might sound better.


I have no chance of driving my T1 and the LS into clipping.

post #1702 of 4360
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Now we are at it, have you ever driven a 006/T1 into clipping or the like and what did it take? It seems to have heaps of headroom to me, though I recognize more powerful amps might sound better.

I've driven the O2 Mk1 and my Omega into clipping on a T1S.

post #1703 of 4360

ES are capacitive loads, next to no current needed for low frequency, but paralleling 2-3 will increase higher frequency current demand, lower the amp's slew rate limit for those with a fixed bias/limited output current

post #1704 of 4360
Got a package in the mail today! my friends and family don't really get why I'd get excited about a headphone but I figure you guys would get it

post #1705 of 4360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydoseofdaly View Post

Got a package in the mail today! my friends and family don't really get why I'd get excited about a headphone but I figure you guys would get it


Cool box! What's in it? 

post #1706 of 4360

Can't tell if serious ^.

 

Are those 009's used? Box looks a bit blehh.

post #1707 of 4360
Ok I dusted off the ole glass head


They are 2 months old, I got them from the f/s thread but the box has been cross country twice now.
post #1708 of 4360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydoseofdaly View Post

Ok I dusted off the ole glass head


They are 2 months old, I got them from the f/s thread but the box has been cross country twice now.

Nice!! and Gongrats...

post #1709 of 4360

Only if my 009's would arrive faster from PJ. Indeed congrats.

post #1710 of 4360

thanks guys

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax Thread III