Only reason im not buying an x3, is because it has no eq. Shame, I bet they would sell a ton more if they added the feature.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Closed back, neutral yet lively, not needed to be amped headphones under 300$. Help... Last post on 6/13/12 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 880 250ohm. What Fiio AMP and what DAC? Last post on 6/21/14 at 5:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a DAC/amp with adjustable treble/bass Last post on 3/15/14 at 12:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AMP Suggestions for HE-500 Last post on 4/5/14 at 4:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Poll: Parametric EQ on Fiio X3 - Page 5
Poll Results: Do you want parametric EQ on Fiio X3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just looking up to see if they had added EQ yet. That, and lack of volume leveling with MP3Gain (have they added that yet?) were the two features that made me finally cancel my preorder when it first came out. Hard to believe that those kinds of features are not available on modern DAPs in this price range. Don't they realize that the iPod generation is making higher disposable income and want better sounding DAPs, but with more robust features? LOL
Sorry. Didn't mean to rant. But it does seem kind of silly since these are firmware programming features.
My X3 works perfect with MP3 Gain....in case you are curious. No problems whatsoever, all nicely leveled. What it really does is magnify how awesome older recordings are...which in turn is leading me to discover more older music!
They finally added that feature in? Great! Now if they will just add in even a 10 band EQ (doesn't have to be PEQ), I'll be ordering one
MP3Gain and ReplayGain are two very distinct things.....make sure you check out the difference before you go and buy a device, just in case.
I am not aware of any recent developments in mp3gain / replaygain. Are you referring to re-encoding your mp3s with gain baked in according to mp3gain?
Need to check with headquarters on this on Monday, just don't want people getting the wrong ideas for now.
Regarding my above post on MP3Gain:
My apologies if I am misunderstood. I MP3Gain my tracks before transferring, and the X3 reads them all as leveled at 89db.
I am unaware of another manner in which to apply MP3Gain.
To be clear, I MP3Gain on my pc at 89db, and they are perfectly level during playback.
Sorry in advance if I caused any confusion. I've never heard of another way to apply MP3Gain...
Pretty much most modern media players--and many DAPs--can adjust the volume for MP3Gain on the fly before playing a track. FiiO is just behind the times here (lol).
I'm afraid I've sold out on the PEQ team D: I submitted your suggestion to the firmware developer for PEQ on the X3 and X5, but I was the first to point out that it's hard to make an intelligible and intuitive interface for it on a mobile device, much less one without a touchscreen like the X3/X5. Perhaps if we offloaded the curve editing to a PC utility and allowed uploading custom EQ files? This would reduce the strain on the firmware coding department and allow easy creation of elaborate and accurate EQ parameters...
Having a PC utility for EQ would work for me. I've been using a 30 band 1/3 octave EQ from the beginning of my headphone listening. The improved sound quality is simply stunning when it is setup correctly. I consider the EQ to be as important as the DAC or Headphones.
BTW I love the digital out on my X3
Umm, yeah, I want it. The x3 needs a v 4.0 firmware update, that is as usable as the 2.0 (quicker access, simpler menus) and as fast as the 3.0 (no significant slowdown in switching between songs). And it needs an EQ. Roll that all into one and you will have completed your product!
Hope they can manage that, they´ve been awfully nice thus far.
- Poll: Parametric EQ on Fiio X3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 11 seconds ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 28 seconds ago
- › Multichannel Music 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)