Only reason im not buying an x3, is because it has no eq. Shame, I bet they would sell a ton more if they added the feature.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Closed back, neutral yet lively, not needed to be amped headphones under 300$. Help... Last post on 6/13/12 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 880 250ohm. What Fiio AMP and what DAC? Last post on 6/21/14 at 5:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a DAC/amp with adjustable treble/bass Last post on 3/15/14 at 12:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AMP Suggestions for HE-500 Last post on 4/5/14 at 4:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
Poll: Parametric EQ on Fiio X3 - Page 5
Poll Results: Do you want parametric EQ on Fiio X3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just looking up to see if they had added EQ yet. That, and lack of volume leveling with MP3Gain (have they added that yet?) were the two features that made me finally cancel my preorder when it first came out. Hard to believe that those kinds of features are not available on modern DAPs in this price range. Don't they realize that the iPod generation is making higher disposable income and want better sounding DAPs, but with more robust features? LOL
Sorry. Didn't mean to rant. But it does seem kind of silly since these are firmware programming features.
My X3 works perfect with MP3 Gain....in case you are curious. No problems whatsoever, all nicely leveled. What it really does is magnify how awesome older recordings are...which in turn is leading me to discover more older music!
They finally added that feature in? Great! Now if they will just add in even a 10 band EQ (doesn't have to be PEQ), I'll be ordering one
MP3Gain and ReplayGain are two very distinct things.....make sure you check out the difference before you go and buy a device, just in case.
I am not aware of any recent developments in mp3gain / replaygain. Are you referring to re-encoding your mp3s with gain baked in according to mp3gain?
Need to check with headquarters on this on Monday, just don't want people getting the wrong ideas for now.
Regarding my above post on MP3Gain:
My apologies if I am misunderstood. I MP3Gain my tracks before transferring, and the X3 reads them all as leveled at 89db.
I am unaware of another manner in which to apply MP3Gain.
To be clear, I MP3Gain on my pc at 89db, and they are perfectly level during playback.
Sorry in advance if I caused any confusion. I've never heard of another way to apply MP3Gain...
Pretty much most modern media players--and many DAPs--can adjust the volume for MP3Gain on the fly before playing a track. FiiO is just behind the times here (lol).
I'm afraid I've sold out on the PEQ team D: I submitted your suggestion to the firmware developer for PEQ on the X3 and X5, but I was the first to point out that it's hard to make an intelligible and intuitive interface for it on a mobile device, much less one without a touchscreen like the X3/X5. Perhaps if we offloaded the curve editing to a PC utility and allowed uploading custom EQ files? This would reduce the strain on the firmware coding department and allow easy creation of elaborate and accurate EQ parameters...
Having a PC utility for EQ would work for me. I've been using a 30 band 1/3 octave EQ from the beginning of my headphone listening. The improved sound quality is simply stunning when it is setup correctly. I consider the EQ to be as important as the DAC or Headphones.
BTW I love the digital out on my X3
Umm, yeah, I want it. The x3 needs a v 4.0 firmware update, that is as usable as the 2.0 (quicker access, simpler menus) and as fast as the 3.0 (no significant slowdown in switching between songs). And it needs an EQ. Roll that all into one and you will have completed your product!
Hope they can manage that, they´ve been awfully nice thus far.
- Poll: Parametric EQ on Fiio X3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennhaisser HD 598 DAC amp 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Focal Spirit Pro , Audio Technica CK100pro, VSonic GR07 mk2,... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qped Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Need help picking bluetooth IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)