Only reason im not buying an x3, is because it has no eq. Shame, I bet they would sell a ton more if they added the feature.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Closed back, neutral yet lively, not needed to be amped headphones under 300$. Help... Last post on 6/13/12 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the most comfortable headphones regardless of price and sound quality? Last post on 10/20/14 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 880 250ohm. What Fiio AMP and what DAC? Last post on 6/21/14 at 5:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a DAC/amp with adjustable treble/bass Last post on 3/15/14 at 12:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 10/14/14 at 3:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Poll: Parametric EQ on Fiio X3 - Page 5
Poll Results: Do you want parametric EQ on Fiio X3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just looking up to see if they had added EQ yet. That, and lack of volume leveling with MP3Gain (have they added that yet?) were the two features that made me finally cancel my preorder when it first came out. Hard to believe that those kinds of features are not available on modern DAPs in this price range. Don't they realize that the iPod generation is making higher disposable income and want better sounding DAPs, but with more robust features? LOL
Sorry. Didn't mean to rant. But it does seem kind of silly since these are firmware programming features.
My X3 works perfect with MP3 Gain....in case you are curious. No problems whatsoever, all nicely leveled. What it really does is magnify how awesome older recordings are...which in turn is leading me to discover more older music!
They finally added that feature in? Great! Now if they will just add in even a 10 band EQ (doesn't have to be PEQ), I'll be ordering one
MP3Gain and ReplayGain are two very distinct things.....make sure you check out the difference before you go and buy a device, just in case.
I am not aware of any recent developments in mp3gain / replaygain. Are you referring to re-encoding your mp3s with gain baked in according to mp3gain?
Need to check with headquarters on this on Monday, just don't want people getting the wrong ideas for now.
Regarding my above post on MP3Gain:
My apologies if I am misunderstood. I MP3Gain my tracks before transferring, and the X3 reads them all as leveled at 89db.
I am unaware of another manner in which to apply MP3Gain.
To be clear, I MP3Gain on my pc at 89db, and they are perfectly level during playback.
Sorry in advance if I caused any confusion. I've never heard of another way to apply MP3Gain...
Pretty much most modern media players--and many DAPs--can adjust the volume for MP3Gain on the fly before playing a track. FiiO is just behind the times here (lol).
I'm afraid I've sold out on the PEQ team D: I submitted your suggestion to the firmware developer for PEQ on the X3 and X5, but I was the first to point out that it's hard to make an intelligible and intuitive interface for it on a mobile device, much less one without a touchscreen like the X3/X5. Perhaps if we offloaded the curve editing to a PC utility and allowed uploading custom EQ files? This would reduce the strain on the firmware coding department and allow easy creation of elaborate and accurate EQ parameters...
Having a PC utility for EQ would work for me. I've been using a 30 band 1/3 octave EQ from the beginning of my headphone listening. The improved sound quality is simply stunning when it is setup correctly. I consider the EQ to be as important as the DAC or Headphones.
BTW I love the digital out on my X3
Umm, yeah, I want it. The x3 needs a v 4.0 firmware update, that is as usable as the 2.0 (quicker access, simpler menus) and as fast as the 3.0 (no significant slowdown in switching between songs). And it needs an EQ. Roll that all into one and you will have completed your product!
Hope they can manage that, they´ve been awfully nice thus far.
- Poll: Parametric EQ on Fiio X3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 23 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread. 37 seconds ago
- › WTB: Resonessence Labs Herus 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013) 3 minutes ago
- › "front speaker out" and "line out" the same thing? 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)