Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Do audiophiles "like" music?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do audiophiles "like" music? - Page 8  

post #106 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post
 

Sorry, but that is arrant nonsense. Neither medium is more 'expressive' than the other and both mediums are capable of raging tedium.

 

For example which artist is more expressive Nikki Minaj or H.R. Geiger ?

What does expressive even mean?

 

I would say that music better exemplifies the essence of art than any other art form, IF you agree that art is an abstraction of reality, because music is the most abstract form of art.

post #107 of 345

Expressive as in, for example, music, the artist can put his abilities as a musician + show his feelings.

 

In paint art and any other art, you can only guess what the person was thinking about or feeling.

post #108 of 345

Seriously ... if you like music .. you can't listen it on some crappy headphones. People who like watching TV, spend alot of money on TV screens also. If you like watching TV or movies, you don't do it on a bad screen. (unless you got financial issues)

 

I think if you let a music lover hear my headphones for 10 minutes .... he / she will upgrade their headphones too. Unless they like hiphop, then they will stick to their Beats by Dr Dre headphones.


Edited by ubs28 - 9/29/13 at 1:49pm
post #109 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

What does expressive even mean?

 

I would say that music better exemplifies the essence of art than any other art form, IF you agree that art is an abstraction of reality, because music is the most abstract form of art.

 

You're trying to wind me up aren't you? :rolleyes:

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

 

You should finish off that like this..,

 

"I would say that music better exemplifies the essence of art than any other art form, IF you agree that art is an abstraction of reality, because music is the most abstract form of art.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that Art, for lack of a better word, is good. Art is right, Art works. Art clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Art, in all of its forms; Art for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

post #110 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by XVampireX View Post
 

Expressive as in, for example, music, the artist can put his abilities as a musician + show his feelings.

 

In paint art and any other art, you can only guess what the person was thinking about or feeling.

 

Ok. You say "In paint art and any other art, you can only guess what the person was thinking about or feeling."

as opposed to music.

 

Tell me, what is this musician thinking...

 

post #111 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post
 

 

Ok. You say "In paint art and any other art, you can only guess what the person was thinking about or feeling."

as opposed to music.

 

Tell me, what is this musician thinking...

 

 

Funny as much as it is not funny.

Is this called music at all? last time I checked, music contains notes, not noise. So as far as I'm concerned, this really is just noise.

post #112 of 345
S
Quote:
Originally Posted by XVampireX View Post


Funny as much as it is not funny.
Is this called music at all? last time I checked, music contains notes, not noise. So as far as I'm concerned, this really is just noise.
Music is sound. Every bit of sound has a tone and within that its own significance. Without sound, music would be irrelevant.

In terms of art, it doesn't have a one way to do things.
post #113 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubs28 View Post

Seriously ... if you like music .. you can't listen it on some crappy headphones. People who like watching TV, spend alot of money on TV screens also. If you like watching TV or movies, you don't do it on a bad screen. (unless you got financial issues)

I think if you let a music lover hear my headphones for 10 minutes .... he / she will upgrade their headphones too. Unless they like hiphop, then they will stick to their Beats by Dr Dre headphones.
I don't entirely agree. Pursuing good sound doesn't necessarily mean that someone loves music. This is just an enthusiast concept. Sure its nice to have great gear that can reproduce music, but it isn't essential. That's the beauty of music. That no matter what in what way it is conveyed, its point is made noticeable.
post #114 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post
 

 

Ok. You say "In paint art and any other art, you can only guess what the person was thinking about or feeling."

as opposed to music.

 

Tell me, what is this musician thinking...

 

 

He's thinking, "sh!t, I forgot to make music."

post #115 of 345

^ this is an example of the damage that piracy and P2P sharing is doing to the music industry. It needs to stop before more artists are affected to the extent of Merzbow.

post #116 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
 

 

He's thinking, "sh!t, I forgot to make music."

 

If you think you can talk sh.t about japanoise like that without facing severe consequences, you've got another thing coming.

 

I mean, the Stax Mafia is nothing compared to the Yakuza Death Squads of Hanatarash. 

post #117 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpidglitch View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
 

 

He's thinking, "sh!t, I forgot to make music."

 

If you think you can talk sh.t about japanoise like that without facing severe consequences, you've got another thing coming.

 

I mean, the Stax Mafia is nothing compared to the Yakuza Death Squads of Hanatarash. 

 

Japanoise...you learn something new everyday :)

post #118 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96rubberduckys View Post
 

 

Japanoise...you learn something new everyday :)

 

What can I say, I'm musicurious.

post #119 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

Music is sound. Every bit of sound has a tone and within that its own significance. Without sound, music would be irrelevant.

In terms of art, it doesn't have a one way to do things.

So the sound of my fart is considered music? Good to know, I'm very flattered ;)

post #120 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

So the sound of my fart is considered music? Good to know, I'm very flattered ;)

 

 

 

This guy's farts are musical:)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Do audiophiles "like" music?