or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › FiiO › More Fiio X3 64GB MicroSD Issues!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

More Fiio X3 64GB MicroSD Issues! - Page 9

post #121 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post
 

Yes - works perfectly. But you can use the X3 itself to format the card with the latest firmware.

Thank you. I realized it could be done in the X3 itself, but I wanted to know if I had other options in my desktop enviro. Thanks!

post #122 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
 

Thank you. I realized it could be done in the X3 itself, but I wanted to know if I had other options in my desktop enviro. Thanks!

There's a brief description of how to format on a Mac in this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663600/impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price/345#post_9721546

plus some follow up discussion in the posts below. I have to admit that I still use my Mac to format - Apple have had a bit longer to get it right. And it's much easier than under Windows since Apple don't mind if you use FAT32 for 64GB SD cards...

post #123 of 181
Hi. I just pulled the trigger and bought an X3. I've got one 16GB micro SD card laying around but would like to max the X3 out with a 64GB card. Has anyone tried this card from Newegg? I'm on a Mac, so I'll be using Disk Utility to format to Fat32 as needed. Thanks!
Edited by nmatheis - 1/10/14 at 10:54pm
post #124 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

Hi. I just pulled the trigger and bought an X3. I've got one 16GB micro SD card laying around but would like to max the X3 out with a 64GB card. Has anyone tried this card from Newegg? I'm on a Mac, so I'll be using Disk Utility to format to Fat32 as needed. Thanks!


I have never even heard of this make, so would be unlikely to trust it.  Why not look at the more common brands?   If something is cheaper, it is usually for a good reason.

 

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQUA-064G-U46A/dp/B007WTAJTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389437484&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk+sdxc+64gb+micro

 

$10 cheaper than the same card from Newegg and free shipping :-)

 

The FiiO X3 can format the cards to FAT32 internally.  It's in the menu options and works on my Sandisk Ultra 64G card.

 

X3 is a fine DAP, I am sure you will enjoy it :-)


Edited by MunkyOne - 1/11/14 at 3:04am
post #125 of 181
Thanks for the reply, MunkyOne. I'd been reading that people have had stability issues with the 64GB Sandisk cards with FAT32 and with formatting within the X3, so I was researching alternate cards. Have you had a positive experience with the 64GB Sandisk card and/or formatting within the X3?

Nikolaus
post #126 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

Thanks for the reply, MunkyOne. I'd been reading that people have had stability issues with the 64GB Sandisk cards with FAT32 and with formatting within the X3, so I was researching alternate cards. Have you had a positive experience with the 64GB Sandisk card and/or formatting within the X3?

Nikolaus

I haven't had any problems with the FiiO recognizing my 64GB cards. The player can read from them without any problems... (I have 2 64gb and 2 32gb microSD cards... The X3 can read all of them)

post #127 of 181
Cool. Did you format them within the X3?
post #128 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

Cool. Did you format them within the X3?

One of the 64gb cards yup I did. No problems.

The 32gb I bought already came in Fat32 format and the other 64gb card I think I formatted it with GUIFormat on a Windows 8 PC.

post #129 of 181
Cool. Sounds like I should get one of the 64 GB SanDisk cards and trying to format it in the X3. Have you encountered any problems using the X3 formatted card with an external card reader?

Nikolaus
post #130 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

Cool. Sounds like I should get one of the 64 GB SanDisk cards and trying to format it in the X3. Have you encountered any problems using the X3 formatted card with an external card reader?

Nikolaus

 

No.

Actually a card reader is what I use to copy the files from my PCs to the cards. ;-)

post #131 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

Thanks for the reply, MunkyOne. I'd been reading that people have had stability issues with the 64GB Sandisk cards with FAT32 and with formatting within the X3, so I was researching alternate cards. Have you had a positive experience with the 64GB Sandisk card and/or formatting within the X3?

Nikolaus


So far, I have experienced no problems with both of my Sandisk Ultra 64 cards (the red and grey ones).  I formatted them in the X3 (latest firmware) and all of the files are present in the UI and all play correctly.   It is worth noting that it is essential to ensure the tags in the music files are complete and correct.  I had some 'missing' files until I corrected the matadata, after which they appeared on the next library update.  However, this will be common to all cards, irrespective of manufacturer.

post #132 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyOne View Post


So far, I have experienced no problems with both of my Sandisk Ultra 64 cards (the red and grey ones).  I formatted them in the X3 (latest firmware) and all of the files are present in the UI and all play correctly.   It is worth noting that it is essential to ensure the tags in the music files are complete and correct.  I had some 'missing' files until I corrected the matadata, after which they appeared on the next library update.  However, this will be common to all cards, irrespective of manufacturer.

Yup, thanks for the tip! I'm on a Mac and just started trying out different tagging software to clean up my library and avoid database problems. I'm trying Media Rage right now and also "installed" MediaMonkey and mp3tag (both via WINE).
post #133 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


Yup, thanks for the tip! I'm on a Mac and just started trying out different tagging software to clean up my library and avoid database problems. I'm trying Media Rage right now and also "installed" MediaMonkey and mp3tag (both via WINE).


I like mp3tag; I've been using it reliably for a few years now.  The resulting tags are ok with the X3 library.  I have not tried Media Rage or MediaMonkey.

post #134 of 181

Sorry if this issue has been raised before, but when I try to use the 'Play All' function on the X3, it only shows the tracks stored in the internal memory -- none of the ones on my 64GB microSD card. Is there a way to resolve this? Thanks.

post #135 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwire View Post

Sorry if this issue has been raised before, but when I try to use the 'Play All' function on the X3, it only shows the tracks stored in the internal memory -- none of the ones on my 64GB microSD card. Is there a way to resolve this? Thanks.

Hi,
You need to do a media library update. Navigate to system settings->update media lib, use the volume keys to choose between Auto and Manual and press the OK/Power button to perform the update manually.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › FiiO › More Fiio X3 64GB MicroSD Issues!