someone on LH Labs has received the unit, but he could not get the driver to work, so no impression yet...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 + Bottlehead Crack = Too warm? Last post on 9/8/11 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso D10 Impressions Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Entry Level Rig (HELP) Last post on 3/22/12 at 3:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find portable equivalent of HD600 Last post on 9/17/14 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Light Harmonic GEEK - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only thing I'd have concern about is the heat, when plugged in this can get rather hot. If it's elevated on a cooler surface that helps tremendously. Testing out 'Moon City' by Atlum Schema next. I've been using FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files. Extreme clarity. As a producer myself this will be interesting to use. Might test out my song 'People Will Do People Things' and see how that sounds through the GeekOut as well. It's like hearing with new ears. I've been using an X-Fi GoPro HD for quite awhile because my headphone jack died, there was a lot to be desired but it allowed me basic listening.
The GeekOut is immersive and intense. Be careful though, mind the warning in the package about volume. The Super Duper Geek will blast you out of your chair if you make a mistake with it. I pushed one of the buttons on the side of the device and the volume lunged in intensity. Well worth the wait. I'm glad the driver issue was resolved in a timely manner also.
Edit: Listening to my track currently and it definitely emphasizes all that I put into it as far as detail goes. Nothing gets lost in the mix, just flows steadily. The bass is quite rich and expanding. When the kick hits it's as if it moves outwards, something I didn't notice or couldn't notice with my former setup.
Here's an early first impression from one of the LHLabs forum members. Enjoy everyone!
Great and all, but how many actual files are there that are in DSD256 format? In the same vein, I've always wondered how many people who get Antelope DACs have actually heard the DSD512 support...
- Light Harmonic GEEK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › Good sleeping in ear headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Audio player + Headphones under 250$ 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)