Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Light Harmonic GEEK
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Light Harmonic GEEK - Page 13

post #181 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnero View Post
 

 

Cool, thanks for the info.

 

I'm pretty happy with the HiFi-M8 but I can't help be a little intrigued by the GEEK. I've managed to hold myself back from ordering one but I'm not sure if I'll be able to last or not.

The way they set it up is genius. The longer you wait, the more it will end up costing you if you do decide to get it.

 

When I see a good deal, I'm more of a "buy now, ask questions later" type of person, because by the time you do, the deal is gone.

post #182 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Nice little Geek announcement happening tonight that I will be jumping on.

remember shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, mums the word, tick a lock , loose lips sink ships ! lol

post #183 of 1367

 the release date? 

post #184 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnero View Post
 

 

Cool, thanks for the info.

 

I'm pretty happy with the HiFi-M8 but I can't help be a little intrigued by the GEEK. I've managed to hold myself back from ordering one but I'm not sure if I'll be able to last or not.

I am extremely happy with my M8, but something about the way Light Harmonic has been conducting the GEEK campaign has me really eager to back them for both GEEK and the Pulse.  I am sure more info will be available tomorrow about the Pulse.  


Edited by FraGGleR - 10/28/13 at 10:39am
post #185 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post
 

I am extremely happy with my M8, but something about the way Light Harmonic has been conduction the GEEK campaign has me really eager to back them for both GEEK and the Pulse.  I am sure more info will be available tomorrow about the Pulse.  


same here, i kinda feel part of it, and really not that big of investment.

and its brilliant on LH's part, build a statement piece, great press, and get product out to a broader base, with an additional capital provided by the consumer

post #186 of 1367

I love that they actively seek input from the community, respond, and then implement based on feedback. Then they offer a nice discount to early backers. The request to switch to the Sabre was one such implementation.

 

On top of that, they have a very competent engineer designing the product, that basically helped write the USB specification, and helped create a world class DAC. It makes for a very compelling product that I believe will succeed and sound fantastic, at a lower price than most competing products.

 

In essence, and in reality, we are all "investors" to the project, so we all want it to succeed as well. It's a great campaign.

post #187 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

The way they set it up is genius. The longer you wait, the more it will end up costing you if you do decide to get it.

 

When I see a good deal, I'm more of a "buy now, ask questions later" type of person, because by the time you do, the deal is gone.

 

I didn't hear about the GEEK until the kickstarter campaign was finished so I missed out on the special pricing.

post #188 of 1367

 

i wonder what the price is.? 


Edited by Johnnyhi - 10/28/13 at 10:45pm
post #189 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Nice little Geek announcement happening tonight that I will be jumping on.

 

I am wondering this time. I prefer balanced design (input, circuit and output) for desktop version. :darthsmile:

post #190 of 1367

I createad a new thread on the GEEK PULSE here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/687968/light-harmonic-geek-pulse-discussion-thread

Let's keep the thread stay on topic about the GEEK OUT!!!

 

Questions: between silver and black, what color will be wear out sooner than the other? Thanks.

post #191 of 1367

Guys, regardless of the reason, please do not ever post referral links. Thanks.

post #192 of 1367

Has anyone received the original GEEK? On kickstarter it says it was to ship in October.

post #193 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2gv View Post
 

Has anyone received the original GEEK? On kickstarter it says it was to ship in October.

It ships in January.  Only the Tshirts are supposed to ship this month.

post #194 of 1367
I think testing units are supposed to go out next month (there was a $1k option on the kickstarter to be a part of it).
post #195 of 1367

will i be able to connect it to the usb output of logitech squeezebox touch ?...(EDO patch installed)

Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Light Harmonic GEEK