Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 + Bottlehead Crack = Too warm? Last post on 9/8/11 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso D10 Impressions Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Entry Level Rig (HELP) Last post on 3/22/12 at 3:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on Yesterday at 4:53 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find portable equivalent of HD600 Last post on 9/17/14 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Light Harmonic GEEK - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I know you can't read specs and tell how it is going to sound, but Larry really seems to be looking at all the right things to get great performance out of this (well, obviously since he helped build the DaVinci). I can't wait for this and definitely want more than one. If they can maintain Android and Apple compatibility for truly on the go use, they will have a huge winner even at $299.
What's the link that he gave us in the caption below video?
And I found that output power of usb3.0 < output power of Super Duper Geek, how can Super Duper Geek draw more power than the actually power source can supply?
Gavin asked that it not be posted publicly since it was just for Kickstarter backers. If you were a backer, you should have received an email.
Also, USB 3.0 can do up to 4.5W (2.5W USB 2.0). Super Duper puts out 1W max.
Edited by FraGGleR - 10/22/13 at 9:45am
It should be in my spam folder
Sorry for the false information. I was reading the wrong number. Thanks for the clarification.
Just posted by Innerfidelity.
"just plugged some Audeze LCD-Xs into it and boy these little gadgets got some balls"
First preview by Tyll?
I wonder how it will compare to Concero HD. Sound wise, that is.
Will it have upgradable firmware?
My gut instinct tells me Larry Ho is up to the challenge. Plus, he uses the HD800 for listening (as I do), so if he does any tuning by ear, I am hoping this means that it won't be too brittle or sterile with the HD800.
And if the thing sounded good with the 1795, but they think they can get it to sound better with the Sabre, then I am all for it.
- Light Harmonic GEEK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Motown had The Funk Brothers. Stax had Booker T. & The M.G’s. Rock... 41 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Montreal, Quebec Meet!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p - Price Drop 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)