Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 + Bottlehead Crack = Too warm? Last post on 9/8/11 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso D10 Impressions Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Entry Level Rig (HELP) Last post on 3/22/12 at 3:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:57 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Light Harmonic GEEK - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I know you can't read specs and tell how it is going to sound, but Larry really seems to be looking at all the right things to get great performance out of this (well, obviously since he helped build the DaVinci). I can't wait for this and definitely want more than one. If they can maintain Android and Apple compatibility for truly on the go use, they will have a huge winner even at $299.
What's the link that he gave us in the caption below video?
And I found that output power of usb3.0 < output power of Super Duper Geek, how can Super Duper Geek draw more power than the actually power source can supply?
Gavin asked that it not be posted publicly since it was just for Kickstarter backers. If you were a backer, you should have received an email.
Also, USB 3.0 can do up to 4.5W (2.5W USB 2.0). Super Duper puts out 1W max.
Edited by FraGGleR - 10/22/13 at 9:45am
It should be in my spam folder
Sorry for the false information. I was reading the wrong number. Thanks for the clarification.
Just posted by Innerfidelity.
"just plugged some Audeze LCD-Xs into it and boy these little gadgets got some balls"
First preview by Tyll?
I wonder how it will compare to Concero HD. Sound wise, that is.
Will it have upgradable firmware?
My gut instinct tells me Larry Ho is up to the challenge. Plus, he uses the HD800 for listening (as I do), so if he does any tuning by ear, I am hoping this means that it won't be too brittle or sterile with the HD800.
And if the thing sounded good with the 1795, but they think they can get it to sound better with the Sabre, then I am all for it.
- Light Harmonic GEEK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 11 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › wharfedale or MartinLogan bookshelf speakers? 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 5 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)