Look at that serial number, really it has been that much??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 + Bottlehead Crack = Too warm? Last post on 9/8/11 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso D10 Impressions Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Entry Level Rig (HELP) Last post on 3/22/12 at 3:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Choosing an external sound card for good headphones (HD 600-650, DT 880-990, etc.) Last post on 8/4/14 at 9:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 Last post on 8/21/14 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Light Harmonic GEEK - Page 69
Gear mentioned in this thread:
(I borrowed a blue one and...dang, it is purdy.)
I guess it's been said before, but I just tried out the Shure SE215 with the Geek Out and the 0.47 Ω output definitely has a lot, like a lot lot, of background hiss, much worse than my MacBook Pro's headphone out port...which is disappointing to say the least because the whole point of the Geek Out was to replace the on-board headphone out of a computer. Speaking of replacing the computer's soundcard, I'm not sure I believe the original Geek offered:
Well it arrived some time when I wasn't in town and I wasn't expecting it since I didn't receive an e-mail with the tracking ID (even in my spam folder), and it came in a kind of sketchy USPS Priority Mail shipping box with no return address and my address hand-written with "uniquesku" written next to my address, but it has finally arrived nonetheless.
Did other peoples' units not come with a warranty/instruction manual or something? I see a lot of questions about how to activate the 3D Awesomifier and it says very clearly how to do so in the instruction sheet (there's a whole section about it labeled in bold: "3D Awesomification").
Huzzah! Hopefully mine isn't far behind either. Looking forward to pairing the GO1000 with my Alpha Dogs to see how it handles. I still haven't had them contact me to verify the address, so I doubt mine is already in the mail.
it's a little funny to me how the geek out is still in "pre-order" status and yet they're going ahead with not one but two more crowdfunded projects. you would think they would take care of geek out and pulse backers fist.
why would LH Labs pause/delay any new project when people seem more than willing to stuff money in their pockets?
I'll await my Pulse Xfi, but am done with their sell-sell-sell tactics, already got a refund for the LPS. (marginal, if any benefit?)
and requested a Wave refund as well. the perks and rapidly escalating prices of a DAP just aren't worth it to me.
will plug my iFi micro iDSD into a phone/ipad/macbook for the next 2 years and be more than happy with the sounds and feature set,
instead of hand wringing how to squeeze all that into a DAP that may or may not deliver.
One thing I really like about the GO are the sample rate indicators. 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, and DSD light indicators near the USB port, 3D (with a dark blue light instead of white), x2, x4, and x8 lights near the headphone ports. It just seems really intuitive to me without any markings on the aluminum. Does the GO have a mute relay or something? When you turn on/off the 3D Awesomifier, the GO makes a *click, kook* sound.
I think I'd enjoy the GO more for Windows than OS X because Audirvana Plus can pretty much playback any type of music file even if the DAC can't. Sure, the playback isn't native, but down-sampling shouldn't really make an impact on the overall sound quality and I indeed haven't noticed any really big differences between the GO and the ODAC/O2 when playing DSD or DXD files. I don't think there are media playback software available for Windows that do the same thing, so if I wanted to playback a DXD file in Windows, I would need a DXD-compatible DAC like the GO.
Speaking of Audirvana Plus though, I froze the software by fast forwarding through a bunch of songs on my playlist and the GO had trouble keeping up with switching between the sampling frequency lights and the software hung for about a minute while waiting for the GO to cycle through all the songs. That might be cause some issues for local Head-Fi meets if someone decides to FF to X song in the playlist.
Edited by miceblue - 7/7/14 at 8:04pm
Edited by miceblue - 7/8/14 at 9:11am
Larry said the caps are loading up, it was a design element they chose to deliver since it provided better audio quality in the end.
unsure about headphone damage, but I don't plug mine in until the GO is nice and warm. ;-)
Which is this "NoSleep" app? The one I see on the App Store (from Limit Point Software) says it won't work if the cover is closed.
Anyone else have a 13fp and a 450?
- Light Harmonic GEEK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 1 minute ago
- › Comparison: FiiO X3 vs. iBasso DX50 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc - Head-Fi TV 10 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 12 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)