Look at that serial number, really it has been that much??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 + Bottlehead Crack = Too warm? Last post on 9/8/11 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso D10 Impressions Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Entry Level Rig (HELP) Last post on 3/22/12 at 3:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 Last post on 7/23/14 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Asgard 2 for HD600's and Monitor Speakers Last post on 7/3/14 at 8:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Light Harmonic GEEK - Page 69
Gear mentioned in this thread:
(I borrowed a blue one and...dang, it is purdy.)
I guess it's been said before, but I just tried out the Shure SE215 with the Geek Out and the 0.47 Ω output definitely has a lot, like a lot lot, of background hiss, much worse than my MacBook Pro's headphone out port...which is disappointing to say the least because the whole point of the Geek Out was to replace the on-board headphone out of a computer. Speaking of replacing the computer's soundcard, I'm not sure I believe the original Geek offered:
Well it arrived some time when I wasn't in town and I wasn't expecting it since I didn't receive an e-mail with the tracking ID (even in my spam folder), and it came in a kind of sketchy USPS Priority Mail shipping box with no return address and my address hand-written with "uniquesku" written next to my address, but it has finally arrived nonetheless.
Did other peoples' units not come with a warranty/instruction manual or something? I see a lot of questions about how to activate the 3D Awesomifier and it says very clearly how to do so in the instruction sheet (there's a whole section about it labeled in bold: "3D Awesomification").
Huzzah! Hopefully mine isn't far behind either. Looking forward to pairing the GO1000 with my Alpha Dogs to see how it handles. I still haven't had them contact me to verify the address, so I doubt mine is already in the mail.
it's a little funny to me how the geek out is still in "pre-order" status and yet they're going ahead with not one but two more crowdfunded projects. you would think they would take care of geek out and pulse backers fist.
why would LH Labs pause/delay any new project when people seem more than willing to stuff money in their pockets?
I'll await my Pulse Xfi, but am done with their sell-sell-sell tactics, already got a refund for the LPS. (marginal, if any benefit?)
and requested a Wave refund as well. the perks and rapidly escalating prices of a DAP just aren't worth it to me.
will plug my iFi micro iDSD into a phone/ipad/macbook for the next 2 years and be more than happy with the sounds and feature set,
instead of hand wringing how to squeeze all that into a DAP that may or may not deliver.
One thing I really like about the GO are the sample rate indicators. 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, and DSD light indicators near the USB port, 3D (with a dark blue light instead of white), x2, x4, and x8 lights near the headphone ports. It just seems really intuitive to me without any markings on the aluminum. Does the GO have a mute relay or something? When you turn on/off the 3D Awesomifier, the GO makes a *click, kook* sound.
I think I'd enjoy the GO more for Windows than OS X because Audirvana Plus can pretty much playback any type of music file even if the DAC can't. Sure, the playback isn't native, but down-sampling shouldn't really make an impact on the overall sound quality and I indeed haven't noticed any really big differences between the GO and the ODAC/O2 when playing DSD or DXD files. I don't think there are media playback software available for Windows that do the same thing, so if I wanted to playback a DXD file in Windows, I would need a DXD-compatible DAC like the GO.
Speaking of Audirvana Plus though, I froze the software by fast forwarding through a bunch of songs on my playlist and the GO had trouble keeping up with switching between the sampling frequency lights and the software hung for about a minute while waiting for the GO to cycle through all the songs. That might be cause some issues for local Head-Fi meets if someone decides to FF to X song in the playlist.
Edited by miceblue - 7/7/14 at 8:04pm
Edited by miceblue - 7/8/14 at 9:11am
Larry said the caps are loading up, it was a design element they chose to deliver since it provided better audio quality in the end.
unsure about headphone damage, but I don't plug mine in until the GO is nice and warm. ;-)
Which is this "NoSleep" app? The one I see on the App Store (from Limit Point Software) says it won't work if the cover is closed.
Anyone else have a 13fp and a 450?
- Light Harmonic GEEK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 21 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Plug Headphone directly to Soundcard broke 1 Headphone channel 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 5 minutes ago
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 7 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1? 8 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 9 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)