Look at that serial number, really it has been that much??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 + Bottlehead Crack = Too warm? Last post on 9/8/11 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso D10 Impressions Last post on 3/19/11 at 8:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Entry Level Rig (HELP) Last post on 3/22/12 at 3:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 2:43 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Light Harmonic GEEK - Page 69
Gear mentioned in this thread:
(I borrowed a blue one and...dang, it is purdy.)
I guess it's been said before, but I just tried out the Shure SE215 with the Geek Out and the 0.47 Ω output definitely has a lot, like a lot lot, of background hiss, much worse than my MacBook Pro's headphone out port...which is disappointing to say the least because the whole point of the Geek Out was to replace the on-board headphone out of a computer. Speaking of replacing the computer's soundcard, I'm not sure I believe the original Geek offered:
Well it arrived some time when I wasn't in town and I wasn't expecting it since I didn't receive an e-mail with the tracking ID (even in my spam folder), and it came in a kind of sketchy USPS Priority Mail shipping box with no return address and my address hand-written with "uniquesku" written next to my address, but it has finally arrived nonetheless.
Did other peoples' units not come with a warranty/instruction manual or something? I see a lot of questions about how to activate the 3D Awesomifier and it says very clearly how to do so in the instruction sheet (there's a whole section about it labeled in bold: "3D Awesomification").
Huzzah! Hopefully mine isn't far behind either. Looking forward to pairing the GO1000 with my Alpha Dogs to see how it handles. I still haven't had them contact me to verify the address, so I doubt mine is already in the mail.
it's a little funny to me how the geek out is still in "pre-order" status and yet they're going ahead with not one but two more crowdfunded projects. you would think they would take care of geek out and pulse backers fist.
why would LH Labs pause/delay any new project when people seem more than willing to stuff money in their pockets?
I'll await my Pulse Xfi, but am done with their sell-sell-sell tactics, already got a refund for the LPS. (marginal, if any benefit?)
and requested a Wave refund as well. the perks and rapidly escalating prices of a DAP just aren't worth it to me.
will plug my iFi micro iDSD into a phone/ipad/macbook for the next 2 years and be more than happy with the sounds and feature set,
instead of hand wringing how to squeeze all that into a DAP that may or may not deliver.
One thing I really like about the GO are the sample rate indicators. 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, and DSD light indicators near the USB port, 3D (with a dark blue light instead of white), x2, x4, and x8 lights near the headphone ports. It just seems really intuitive to me without any markings on the aluminum. Does the GO have a mute relay or something? When you turn on/off the 3D Awesomifier, the GO makes a *click, kook* sound.
I think I'd enjoy the GO more for Windows than OS X because Audirvana Plus can pretty much playback any type of music file even if the DAC can't. Sure, the playback isn't native, but down-sampling shouldn't really make an impact on the overall sound quality and I indeed haven't noticed any really big differences between the GO and the ODAC/O2 when playing DSD or DXD files. I don't think there are media playback software available for Windows that do the same thing, so if I wanted to playback a DXD file in Windows, I would need a DXD-compatible DAC like the GO.
Speaking of Audirvana Plus though, I froze the software by fast forwarding through a bunch of songs on my playlist and the GO had trouble keeping up with switching between the sampling frequency lights and the software hung for about a minute while waiting for the GO to cycle through all the songs. That might be cause some issues for local Head-Fi meets if someone decides to FF to X song in the playlist.
Edited by miceblue - 7/7/14 at 8:04pm
Larry said the caps are loading up, it was a design element they chose to deliver since it provided better audio quality in the end.
unsure about headphone damage, but I don't plug mine in until the GO is nice and warm. ;-)
Okay- now I am glad that I have the physical volume controls on the GO.
Using the "NoSleep" app on the MacBook Air, I can close the lid and the computer stays on. (Will continue to play music).
So? I can close the computer and just use the GO 450 volume buttons.
Which is this "NoSleep" app? The one I see on the App Store (from Limit Point Software) says it won't work if the cover is closed.
Anyone else have a 13fp and a 450?
- Light Harmonic GEEK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 24 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 28 seconds ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 45 seconds ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Mjolnir Audio electrostatic amps 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 5 minutes ago
- › Bushmill X Grado 6 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2