Related Forum Threads
- Need some new versatile Home 'Studio' cans with a bit more precision Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mint Fostex T50RP moddified/warranty+shure SRH840 foams Last post on 9/15/13 at 12:20pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DBV # 3 mod Fostex T50RP w Shure 840 pads (AUS) Last post on 8/30/13 at 12:30am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SOLD Fostex T50RP - Modded w/ "Rastapants 2" variant and Shure SRH840 ear cushions Last post on 8/4/13 at 7:18pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Can anyone identify these cans?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They also have a suspension strap and a V-Moda cable. Most likely modded inside too.
Yup, Fostex T50RP, modified.
I have a pair here, with Shure Pad's that I added some rolled up tissue to under the backside. I also used electrical tape to tape over the ports until I liked the bass and I use a different cable (the stock cable is totally pants).
For the money they are silly good.
- Can anyone identify these cans?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 15 seconds ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › The 1963 Amperex Holland 7308 Bugle Boy, The Tube That Doesn't Exist 1 minute ago
- › 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune,... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2