So, TL;DR: if I like the UERM and am after something similar in a universal package, the UM Pro 50 is not it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WESTONE UM3X WITH DBA-02 TIPS = WOW Last post on 7/24/14 at 3:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Case to hold IEM and Source? Last post on 7/8/13 at 3:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4: Questions Last post on 5/25/11 at 4:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- customizing um3x's - acrylic mould or custom tips? Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from UM3X = Customs? (here we go again) Last post on 5/25/11 at 2:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Westone UM PRO Series Thread - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It should be obvious that Westone house sound has never been analytical.
You can consider the Etymotic er4s.
I love etys, but bass :( My headphones are DT770s, so etys will just sound thin after that. I'm using TF10 now which I love, but I keep craving a bigger soundstage and better mids. Been thinking about some PFE232s and the Fostex TE-05.
Have you heard the UERM before? It is no way like the DT770 and TF10.
Edited by Gilly87 - 3/22/14 at 8:56am
The CK100Pro and TE-05 may be worth a look.
So you are comparing full size cans with in ear, I have nothing against this if you can isolate the soundstage effect. After doing that I find the UM pro 50 to be more towards the HD650 signature and less towards the Audeze signature. I love warmth and musicality provided that the high still ring long enough to trigger my brain for those details,
The LCD 2 is more audiophile compared to the UM Pro 50. but you cant beat a great IEM fit, its feels light, free energetic, and The UM Pro50 adds full sound to that.... you cant beat that.
I am not comparing per see, just in general. I do aware what I gain and lose with IEM. That is why I don't want to spend 2K for custom IEM too. LCD-2/3 are not very comfortable and I am moving away from full size setup UNLESS something new in the market can really grab my heart. I intend to use UM Pro 50 for my Mackbook to watch movie or other general use. I found your review was very helpful, thanks.
Edited by Seamaster - 4/2/14 at 12:05am
- Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › X3II next firmware bug / improvements wish list 57 seconds ago
- › Looking for headphones 300-450$ 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 Amp Pairing 5 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M1, powerful WAV player 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2