So, TL;DR: if I like the UERM and am after something similar in a universal package, the UM Pro 50 is not it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WESTONE UM3X WITH DBA-02 TIPS = WOW Last post on 7/24/14 at 3:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Case to hold IEM and Source? Last post on 7/8/13 at 3:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4: Questions Last post on 5/25/11 at 4:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- customizing um3x's - acrylic mould or custom tips? Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from UM3X = Customs? (here we go again) Last post on 5/25/11 at 2:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
Westone UM PRO Series Thread - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It should be obvious that Westone house sound has never been analytical.
You can consider the Etymotic er4s.
I love etys, but bass :( My headphones are DT770s, so etys will just sound thin after that. I'm using TF10 now which I love, but I keep craving a bigger soundstage and better mids. Been thinking about some PFE232s and the Fostex TE-05.
Have you heard the UERM before? It is no way like the DT770 and TF10.
Edited by Gilly87 - 3/22/14 at 8:56am
The CK100Pro and TE-05 may be worth a look.
So you are comparing full size cans with in ear, I have nothing against this if you can isolate the soundstage effect. After doing that I find the UM pro 50 to be more towards the HD650 signature and less towards the Audeze signature. I love warmth and musicality provided that the high still ring long enough to trigger my brain for those details,
The LCD 2 is more audiophile compared to the UM Pro 50. but you cant beat a great IEM fit, its feels light, free energetic, and The UM Pro50 adds full sound to that.... you cant beat that.
I am not comparing per see, just in general. I do aware what I gain and lose with IEM. That is why I don't want to spend 2K for custom IEM too. LCD-2/3 are not very comfortable and I am moving away from full size setup UNLESS something new in the market can really grab my heart. I intend to use UM Pro 50 for my Mackbook to watch movie or other general use. I found your review was very helpful, thanks.
Edited by Seamaster - 4/2/14 at 12:05am
- Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 seconds ago
- › Different impedance. Benefits? 13 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 27 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Need headphone and AMP/DAC recommendation for DnB,Dubstep and EDM... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 | Adel A10/ A12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a portable over - ear headphone 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3