So, TL;DR: if I like the UERM and am after something similar in a universal package, the UM Pro 50 is not it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WESTONE UM3X WITH DBA-02 TIPS = WOW Last post on 7/24/14 at 3:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Case to hold IEM and Source? Last post on 7/8/13 at 3:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4: Questions Last post on 5/25/11 at 4:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- customizing um3x's - acrylic mould or custom tips? Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from UM3X = Customs? (here we go again) Last post on 5/25/11 at 2:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Westone UM PRO Series Thread - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It should be obvious that Westone house sound has never been analytical.
You can consider the Etymotic er4s.
I love etys, but bass :( My headphones are DT770s, so etys will just sound thin after that. I'm using TF10 now which I love, but I keep craving a bigger soundstage and better mids. Been thinking about some PFE232s and the Fostex TE-05.
Have you heard the UERM before? It is no way like the DT770 and TF10.
Edited by Gilly87 - 3/22/14 at 8:56am
The CK100Pro and TE-05 may be worth a look.
So you are comparing full size cans with in ear, I have nothing against this if you can isolate the soundstage effect. After doing that I find the UM pro 50 to be more towards the HD650 signature and less towards the Audeze signature. I love warmth and musicality provided that the high still ring long enough to trigger my brain for those details,
The LCD 2 is more audiophile compared to the UM Pro 50. but you cant beat a great IEM fit, its feels light, free energetic, and The UM Pro50 adds full sound to that.... you cant beat that.
I am not comparing per see, just in general. I do aware what I gain and lose with IEM. That is why I don't want to spend 2K for custom IEM too. LCD-2/3 are not very comfortable and I am moving away from full size setup UNLESS something new in the market can really grab my heart. I intend to use UM Pro 50 for my Mackbook to watch movie or other general use. I found your review was very helpful, thanks.
Edited by Seamaster - 4/2/14 at 12:05am
- Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 second ago
- › Havi B6 ! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Garage 1217 "Project Ember" VS Schiit Lyr 2 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3