So, TL;DR: if I like the UERM and am after something similar in a universal package, the UM Pro 50 is not it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WESTONE UM3X WITH DBA-02 TIPS = WOW Last post on 7/24/14 at 3:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Case to hold IEM and Source? Last post on 7/8/13 at 3:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4: Questions Last post on 5/25/11 at 4:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- customizing um3x's - acrylic mould or custom tips? Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from UM3X = Customs? (here we go again) Last post on 5/25/11 at 2:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
Westone UM PRO Series Thread - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It should be obvious that Westone house sound has never been analytical.
You can consider the Etymotic er4s.
I love etys, but bass :( My headphones are DT770s, so etys will just sound thin after that. I'm using TF10 now which I love, but I keep craving a bigger soundstage and better mids. Been thinking about some PFE232s and the Fostex TE-05.
Have you heard the UERM before? It is no way like the DT770 and TF10.
Edited by Gilly87 - 3/22/14 at 8:56am
The CK100Pro and TE-05 may be worth a look.
So you are comparing full size cans with in ear, I have nothing against this if you can isolate the soundstage effect. After doing that I find the UM pro 50 to be more towards the HD650 signature and less towards the Audeze signature. I love warmth and musicality provided that the high still ring long enough to trigger my brain for those details,
The LCD 2 is more audiophile compared to the UM Pro 50. but you cant beat a great IEM fit, its feels light, free energetic, and The UM Pro50 adds full sound to that.... you cant beat that.
I am not comparing per see, just in general. I do aware what I gain and lose with IEM. That is why I don't want to spend 2K for custom IEM too. LCD-2/3 are not very comfortable and I am moving away from full size setup UNLESS something new in the market can really grab my heart. I intend to use UM Pro 50 for my Mackbook to watch movie or other general use. I found your review was very helpful, thanks.
Edited by Seamaster - 4/2/14 at 12:05am
- Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › I lost my son... 3 seconds ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 12 seconds ago
- › Havi B6 ! 26 seconds ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 37 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile finally throwing down money for Excellence (Need DAP &... 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)