Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone UM PRO Series Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone UM PRO Series Thread - Page 19

post #271 of 667
i had a quick listen to the um50pro.

indeed, it sounds similar to my um3x but with better highs and mids as mentioned by majedelamine. somehow a little more impact on the lows.

they dont sound as forward and very easy to listen comparatively.
post #272 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0904 View Post

somehow a little more impact on the lows.
I am in love with the impact of the lows. I have never enjoyed or craved for drumming as i am experiencing in the umpro 50. I think, and people please correct me if i am wrong, the extension of the drums sound towards the upper range which falls into the mids BAs are crucial to give the drums sound a clear and natural and enjoyable slam. That what UM3x had been doing better than the w4s, but now with the extra mid BA in the UMpro 50 its addictively beautiful to listen to good drummers
post #273 of 667

The UM Pro 30 is a very good iem.

 

However, both won't give you the initial wow factor like what many other iems could. In any shootout, I would expect the UM Pro 30 to come out last.

 

However, in a prolonged listening session, the UM Pro 30 will emerge as one of the very best (regardless of price). 

post #274 of 667
Thread Starter 

Thread updated with more impressions from majedelamine! :)

post #275 of 667
A couple of friends who owns the es5 tested the um pro 50 and commented they don't sound similar

Any es5 owners has any thoughts after testing it?
post #276 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post
 

 

 

However, both won't give you the initial wow factor like what many other iems could. In any shootout, I would expect the UM Pro 30 to come out last.

 

However, in a prolonged listening session, the UM Pro 30 will emerge as one of the very best (regardless of price). 

 

?  How do you figure?  One persons wow factor can be different from anothers.  I'd say any wow factor has 100% more to do what type of music you are listening to and at what volume. 

post #277 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
 

 

?  How do you figure?  One persons wow factor can be different from anothers.  I'd say any wow factor has 100% more to do what type of music you are listening to and at what volume. 

 

By owning it rather than mere audition :)

post #278 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by buihia View Post

A couple of friends who owns the es5 tested the um pro 50 and commented they don't sound similar

Any es5 owners has any thoughts after testing it?

 

I used to own the ES5 and I don't remember them to sound the same.

 

The overall sound is similar though.

post #279 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by buihia View Post

A couple of friends who owns the es5 tested the um pro 50 and commented they don't sound similar

Any es5 owners has any thoughts after testing it?

I friend of mine had his w4r changed into custom by some company i forgot its name, and now everytime we meet he uses my w4r as A/B with his custome says they dont sound similar.... The custom sound changes due to the specific curves of the insertion part which is dictated by each person's ears. This does not mean that whats inside is different.
post #280 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post
 

The UM Pro 30 is a very good iem.

 

However, both won't give you the initial wow factor like what many other iems could. In any shootout, I would expect the UM Pro 30 to come out last.

 

 

What are you talking about?  Both?  Both what?  Both earpieces?  and the the bolded part....again  without a reference point....completely worthless information.  That could be the biggest generalization that has even been generalized on HF.  Helps absolutely no one.

 

Perhaps re-read what you type before hitting "send."

post #281 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post

What are you talking about?  Both?  Both what?  Both earpieces?  and the the bolded part....again  without a reference point....completely worthless information.  That could be the biggest generalization that has even been generalized on HF.  Helps absolutely no one.

Perhaps re-read what you type before hitting "send."

I was following up with majedelamine's post on um pro 50. Both refers to the um pro 30 and pro 50.

I am not sure if you're trolling me but with all due respect I'm not going to extend that discussion to avoid turning this thread into a mess.
post #282 of 667
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

The UM Pro 30 is a very good iem.

However, both won't give you the initial wow factor like what many other iems could. In any shootout, I would expect the UM Pro 30 to come out last.

However, in a prolonged listening session, the UM Pro 30 will emerge as one of the very best (regardless of price). 
Agree with you that the UM50 will not wow you on the first listen. Compared to SE846 which is priced similarly, wow factor is greater on SE846.

For the UM50, the lows are definitely harder hitting than W4 and UM3X. But I do find it to be abit loose and not hitting deep enough. To me, the lows does affect the clarity of UM50. Vocals are as good as the W4 and very similar. Soundstage is about on par as W4 which is larger than UM3X. Treble wise is also smooth and well extended. Not the usual laid back UM3X style. I would say if anybody is looking for a improved soundstage and treble on the UM3X, UM50 does it. However I do find that the clarity and instrument separation on UM50 is ousted by UM3X. Probably due to the lows on UM50. Not as tight and controlled. Bukit quality wise I still prefer the old UM series. The new UM PRO built quality simply does not live up to the expectations nor near the quality of the old UM series.

Overall, pretty disappointed by the new Westone offerings of UM50.

Just my opinions and 2 cents.
post #283 of 667

I guess you gotta keep in mind that the UM-series is designed for stage monitoring not pleasure listening.  Not sure how you could say the design is worse?  How?  I find the Pro30 over the ear cable sheathing the best system in the world.  Old series hard vinyl memory plastic was very annoying.  Other than that everything is basically the same.

post #284 of 667
Thread Starter 
Ok it did slipped off my mind that the UM50 is meant for monitoring purposes. Not the design is worse. The design is actually good and even more fitting than the old UM series. Just that the build quality takes a back seat compared to the old UM.
post #285 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post

Ok it did slipped off my mind that the UM50 is meant for monitoring purposes. Not the design is worse. The design is actually good and even more fitting than the old UM series. Just that the build quality takes a back seat compared to the old UM.

I do prefer the built quality of the new one. Which aspect do you think it has deteriorated?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone UM PRO Series Thread