or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread - Page 7  

post #91 of 182

I got my tracking today so I'll get them on Tuesday (as Monday is a  federal holiday). As always a fast turnaround which is definitely appreciated :)

post #92 of 182

here is some more work ted did for me. its a Whiplash Twag V2 the insulation was sketchy so i had him sleeve it with clear shrink wrap, excellent job and its still very flexible.

post #93 of 182

Super useful thread! 

 

I`m looking for balanced cables for both my hd800 and se846.  XLR4 termination on the hd800s, but haven`t decided if my mobile option is going to be Hirose or RSA, so those Hirose and RSA connecters posted earlier were very cool to see.  

 

I have a question:  Can anyone post a pic of cable or interconnect sheathed in the color Ted is calling, `copper` ?  His page`s gallery is empty and I can`t find any pic of the sheathing. I don`t want to distract him from building our cables just to send me a picture...

 

I freakin love that color, if it`s what I`m thinking.  

 

Edit:  this is from the `MDPC-X SLEEVE` page:

 

 

 

 

 

This is my favorite color in the Universe.  Can anyone confirm if this is Ted`s `copper` color?  The sleeve maker is calling this `copper brown`....


Edited by Dopaminer - 11/9/13 at 6:45am
post #94 of 182
Thread Starter 


The copper sheathing is the one on top. Ted sent me this picture of all of the choices available for sheathing when I ordered my first set of IEM cables.
post #95 of 182

I'm looking for new cables for my TF10s after my OEM cables died. These look like a solid choice. 

 

My biggest complaint about the OEM cables was how twisted they became storing them in the UE metal case. Could anyone provide feedback on how these cables behave?

post #96 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindeye View Post
 

I'm looking for new cables for my TF10s after my OEM cables died. These look like a solid choice. 

 

My biggest complaint about the OEM cables was how twisted they became storing them in the UE metal case. Could anyone provide feedback on how these cables behave?

depends on the cable you go with, the copper neotech and pure silver neotech are pretty much tangle freee they are very flexible...if you get  the cable sleeved this will also help with keeping the iems from getting tangled. ect

post #97 of 182

Got a great cable from Ted Allen for a great price! 

 

 

post #98 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindeye View Post
 

I'm looking for new cables for my TF10s after my OEM cables died. These look like a solid choice. 

 

My biggest complaint about the OEM cables was how twisted they became storing them in the UE metal case. Could anyone provide feedback on how these cables behave?


Mine almost seems to be anti-twisting - I added a loose loop to reducde the length slightly and when I unplugged them at work it untied itself!  Seriously though, mine's too short to comment on this properly but they have to be better than the TF10 cable.

 

If you are going to be putting them in the UE tin often and want a straight jack you should probably ask for shorter heatshrink and same with the earhooks (unless you don't mind reshaping them every time) - they're both quite a tight fit.  I'm sure Ted will be happy to do this.

 

post #99 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post


Mine almost seems to be anti-twisting - I added a loose loop to reducde the length slightly and when I unplugged them at work it untied itself!  Seriously though, mine's too short to comment on this properly but they have to be better than the TF10 cable.

If you are going to be putting them in the UE tin often and want a straight jack you should probably ask for shorter heatshrink and same with the earhooks (unless you don't mind reshaping them every time) - they're both quite a tight fit.  I'm sure Ted will be happy to do this.





are those the TSX-100 tips?
post #100 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post


are those the TSX-100 tips?


Close - Heirs have a big nozzle so they're TSX-400  :)

post #101 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post


Close - Heirs have a big nozzle so they're TSX-400  smily_headphones1.gif

I'm going to try mine again but when I first tried them on my Westone 4r put of the clip+ I thought they sounded so veiled but maybe with my DX50 and C5 amp that will change and I hope it does because they were comfy as all hell.

I can't decide what to do with tips for my Westone 4r, like if I got custom tips made by 1964 ears would that be the best they could possibly get because of that's the case I'll just go that route.
post #102 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post


I'm going to try mine again but when I first tried them on my Westone 4r put of the clip+ I thought they sounded so veiled but maybe with my DX50 and C5 amp that will change and I hope it does because they were comfy as all hell.

I can't decide what to do with tips for my Westone 4r, like if I got custom tips made by 1964 ears would that be the best they could possibly get because of that's the case I'll just go that route.

Trying them now and they actually sound really good.

post #103 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
 


Mine almost seems to be anti-twisting - I added a loose loop to reducde the length slightly and when I unplugged them at work it untied itself!  Seriously though, mine's too short to comment on this properly but they have to be better than the TF10 cable.

 

If you are going to be putting them in the UE tin often and want a straight jack you should probably ask for shorter heatshrink and same with the earhooks (unless you don't mind reshaping them every time) - they're both quite a tight fit.  I'm sure Ted will be happy to do this.

 

i absolutely never recommend using a small case as this leads to breaking of cables. it just adds way to much stress to areas at plugs and just at ends of clear shrink.i find it best to use a case that holds entire set-up/rig.this way you help to insure a longer life for cable.

post #104 of 182

alot of nice cables coming in.

post #105 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by teds headfood View Post
 

i absolutely never recommend using a small case as this leads to breaking of cables. it just adds way to much stress to areas at plugs and just at ends of clear shrink.i find it best to use a case that holds entire set-up/rig.this way you help to insure a longer life for cable.


Interesting... An all in one case sounds like a great idea but what happens when you accidentally put it in your pocket upside down, or it turns round in a bag and the cable gets crushed by your player?  Wouldn't be a problem with a nice case but most cases fit the DAP exactly with no room for headphones so you have to buy a generic one, where things are free to move around :triportsad:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread