Long live Ted! Hail the new King of Kables..erm Cables.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEFFECT AUDIO CRYSTAL Upgrade Cable for UE TF10 Silver Colortagged by dbsaffor, 9/11/13
- productGrado Magnum v4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/11/13
- productHeir Audio 4.Aitagged by dbsaffor, 9/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/11/13
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by dbsaffor, 9/11/13
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/11/13
- productWestone UM3xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 16710/14/13 at 7:53ampost #48 of 16710/24/13 at 3:28pm
Just hopping back in here to post about another great experience with Ted. After loving the HD650 cables he made for me I had him make a set of Silver IEM cables for my Westone 4R's. I liked the stock cable pretty well and love the 4R's. But after I heard what the cables on the 650's did for the sound, I was curious.
Many back-and-forth e-mails later (all answered by Ted within minutes, unreal customer service) length and plug were decided upon and less than a week later the cables showed up. Ted says that they need about forty hours of burn in. If that's the case then the silver IEM cables will go from amazing to perhaps beyond my comprehension.
I'm running the 4R's with an AK100 and Pico Power amp. Detail and space were immediately apparent along with an amazing bottom end that the stock cables couldn't pull off. I'll be putting the set up through it's paces over the next week and am really looking forward to it. I'm not associated with Ted in any way, just a customer. But if you're looking for any cables you do owe it to yourself to check Ted's cables out.post #49 of 16710/24/13 at 4:17pm
Just got my 4" dual male end interconnect cable for my T1 to hook into DX100, RWAK100, and DX50.
In three words...IT IS AWESOME.
I was using a different silver aftermarket cable from another manufacturer and A/B'd it with Ted's and the difference is unreal. Once again...Ted comes through!
Steve from NYCpost #50 of 16710/24/13 at 4:52pmThread StarterI have both the silver interconnect and a silver LOD and I completely agree that the difference is amazing compared to Fiio or other LOD/Interconnects.
Considering Ted's quality and a build time that is measured in days not seasons as a more famous cable maker here at Head-Fi are I am amazed more people do not patronize Headphone Lounge. Of course Ted does not sell gimmicks or make spurious claims to boost sales. Just good old fashioned quality.post #51 of 16710/24/13 at 6:07pmWhat is this?
I was certain Ted sourced his silver from rare coins, then rubbed them against horse shoes for good luck, and drizzled with holy water. Well at least I know Ted's cables are not lathered with Snake Oilpost #52 of 16710/24/13 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by spook76
I have both the silver interconnect and a silver LOD and I completely agree that the difference is amazing compared to Fiio or other LOD/Interconnects.
Considering Ted's quality and a build time that is measured in days not seasons as a more famous cable maker here at Head-Fi are I am amazed more people do not patronize Headphone Lounge. Of course Ted does not sell gimmicks or make spurious claims to boost sales. Just good old fashioned quality.
I'd sure like to see more people find out abut Ted, too. While he's not into gimmicks or talking about himself it would only do him good to market himself a little more. It sure doesn't have to be anything that goes against his grain, maybe a sponsor page here on Head-Fi? Some cables for review here or elsewhere?post #53 of 16710/25/13 at 4:17pmI agree but it seems as though he isnt interested in the lime light. Which in a way is kind of cool because hus services and products are more from word of mouth vs a huge advertisement.post #54 of 16710/25/13 at 4:28pmQuote:
WOM is critical, more than ads. I'm talking more about getting the product out there so WOM can be generated.post #55 of 16710/25/13 at 4:55pmThread StarterIt behooves all of us who love Ted's cables to get the word out on other threads. My belief is that a lot of people are scared away from aftermarket cables because they think it does not improve the sound, it is too expensive and takes too long. All of which is not true about Headphone Lounge and Ted Allen's cables.post #56 of 16710/25/13 at 6:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by spook76
It behooves all of us who love Ted's cables to get the word out on other threads. My belief is that a lot of people are scared away from aftermarket cables because they think it does not improve the sound, it is too expensive and takes too long. All of which is not true about Headphone Lounge and Ted Allen's cables.
+1post #57 of 16710/28/13 at 10:03amBump for the awesome-est Hawaiin-gone-Mainlander out there. Looking forward to having Ted do the cables for my next Magnum build...the last one was brilliant thanks to him.post #58 of 16710/28/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
the biggest sham i think is Chris_Himself's cables were made by Ted, i think there are alot more people who know how good ted's work is, but Chris's name takes all the credit, and i think to some degree ted wanted it like that, kinda the man behind the curtain making the cables. but if you know chris_himself's work you know ted's work becuase it was all Ted. a figure head is only as good as the people or person backing and creating your product.post #59 of 16710/28/13 at 12:26pmThread StarterI could not agree more Mooses. What is worse Chris on his Facebook page claims he has 5 years making cables when Ted was the one making them all. Ted is much better off by himself as his communication is better than Chris Tran and that is all Chris had to do.post #60 of 16710/28/13 at 5:46pmI just read a recent post on Chris_Himself website mentioning about life after the split. It kind of worries me to read about those. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here so I shall refrain myself.Return Home
- Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 23 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-500 (PRISTINE AS UNUSED) 4 minutes ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 5 minutes ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 7 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › Bass heavy in ear headphones under $30 8 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi