Long live Ted! Hail the new King of Kables..erm Cables.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEFFECT AUDIO CRYSTAL Upgrade Cable for UE TF10 Silver Colortagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productGrado Magnum v4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productWestone UM3xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade advice from Westone um3x Last post on 1/15/14 at 3:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/10/14
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 18210/14/13 at 7:53ampost #48 of 18210/24/13 at 3:28pm
Just hopping back in here to post about another great experience with Ted. After loving the HD650 cables he made for me I had him make a set of Silver IEM cables for my Westone 4R's. I liked the stock cable pretty well and love the 4R's. But after I heard what the cables on the 650's did for the sound, I was curious.
Many back-and-forth e-mails later (all answered by Ted within minutes, unreal customer service) length and plug were decided upon and less than a week later the cables showed up. Ted says that they need about forty hours of burn in. If that's the case then the silver IEM cables will go from amazing to perhaps beyond my comprehension.
I'm running the 4R's with an AK100 and Pico Power amp. Detail and space were immediately apparent along with an amazing bottom end that the stock cables couldn't pull off. I'll be putting the set up through it's paces over the next week and am really looking forward to it. I'm not associated with Ted in any way, just a customer. But if you're looking for any cables you do owe it to yourself to check Ted's cables out.post #49 of 18210/24/13 at 4:17pm
Just got my 4" dual male end interconnect cable for my T1 to hook into DX100, RWAK100, and DX50.
In three words...IT IS AWESOME.
I was using a different silver aftermarket cable from another manufacturer and A/B'd it with Ted's and the difference is unreal. Once again...Ted comes through!
Steve from NYCpost #50 of 18210/24/13 at 4:52pmThread StarterI have both the silver interconnect and a silver LOD and I completely agree that the difference is amazing compared to Fiio or other LOD/Interconnects.
Considering Ted's quality and a build time that is measured in days not seasons as a more famous cable maker here at Head-Fi are I am amazed more people do not patronize Headphone Lounge. Of course Ted does not sell gimmicks or make spurious claims to boost sales. Just good old fashioned quality.post #51 of 18210/24/13 at 6:07pmWhat is this?
I was certain Ted sourced his silver from rare coins, then rubbed them against horse shoes for good luck, and drizzled with holy water. Well at least I know Ted's cables are not lathered with Snake Oilpost #52 of 18210/24/13 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by spook76
I have both the silver interconnect and a silver LOD and I completely agree that the difference is amazing compared to Fiio or other LOD/Interconnects.
Considering Ted's quality and a build time that is measured in days not seasons as a more famous cable maker here at Head-Fi are I am amazed more people do not patronize Headphone Lounge. Of course Ted does not sell gimmicks or make spurious claims to boost sales. Just good old fashioned quality.
I'd sure like to see more people find out abut Ted, too. While he's not into gimmicks or talking about himself it would only do him good to market himself a little more. It sure doesn't have to be anything that goes against his grain, maybe a sponsor page here on Head-Fi? Some cables for review here or elsewhere?post #53 of 18210/25/13 at 4:17pmI agree but it seems as though he isnt interested in the lime light. Which in a way is kind of cool because hus services and products are more from word of mouth vs a huge advertisement.post #54 of 18210/25/13 at 4:28pmQuote:
WOM is critical, more than ads. I'm talking more about getting the product out there so WOM can be generated.post #55 of 18210/25/13 at 4:55pmThread StarterIt behooves all of us who love Ted's cables to get the word out on other threads. My belief is that a lot of people are scared away from aftermarket cables because they think it does not improve the sound, it is too expensive and takes too long. All of which is not true about Headphone Lounge and Ted Allen's cables.post #56 of 18210/25/13 at 6:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by spook76
It behooves all of us who love Ted's cables to get the word out on other threads. My belief is that a lot of people are scared away from aftermarket cables because they think it does not improve the sound, it is too expensive and takes too long. All of which is not true about Headphone Lounge and Ted Allen's cables.
+1post #57 of 18210/28/13 at 10:03ampost #58 of 18210/28/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
the biggest sham i think is Chris_Himself's cables were made by Ted, i think there are alot more people who know how good ted's work is, but Chris's name takes all the credit, and i think to some degree ted wanted it like that, kinda the man behind the curtain making the cables. but if you know chris_himself's work you know ted's work becuase it was all Ted. a figure head is only as good as the people or person backing and creating your product.post #59 of 18210/28/13 at 12:26pmThread StarterI could not agree more Mooses. What is worse Chris on his Facebook page claims he has 5 years making cables when Ted was the one making them all. Ted is much better off by himself as his communication is better than Chris Tran and that is all Chris had to do.post #60 of 18210/28/13 at 5:46pmI just read a recent post on Chris_Himself website mentioning about life after the split. It kind of worries me to read about those. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here so I shall refrain myself.Return Home
This thread is locked
- Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FLEAWATT Audio DIY TPA3116D2 SSP (short signal path) 15 watts per... 42 seconds ago
- › What headphones to get? 54 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › WTB: ZMF Heaphone 1 minute ago
- › An introduction and a search for advice on how to expand. 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › WTS: Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir 3 minutes ago
- › Best Soundstage for under $200 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)