Long live Ted! Hail the new King of Kables..erm Cables.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEFFECT AUDIO CRYSTAL Upgrade Cable for UE TF10 Silver Colortagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productGrado Magnum v4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productWestone UM3xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade advice from Westone um3x Last post on 1/15/14 at 3:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 18210/14/13 at 7:53ampost #48 of 18210/24/13 at 3:28pm
Just hopping back in here to post about another great experience with Ted. After loving the HD650 cables he made for me I had him make a set of Silver IEM cables for my Westone 4R's. I liked the stock cable pretty well and love the 4R's. But after I heard what the cables on the 650's did for the sound, I was curious.
Many back-and-forth e-mails later (all answered by Ted within minutes, unreal customer service) length and plug were decided upon and less than a week later the cables showed up. Ted says that they need about forty hours of burn in. If that's the case then the silver IEM cables will go from amazing to perhaps beyond my comprehension.
I'm running the 4R's with an AK100 and Pico Power amp. Detail and space were immediately apparent along with an amazing bottom end that the stock cables couldn't pull off. I'll be putting the set up through it's paces over the next week and am really looking forward to it. I'm not associated with Ted in any way, just a customer. But if you're looking for any cables you do owe it to yourself to check Ted's cables out.post #49 of 18210/24/13 at 4:17pm
Just got my 4" dual male end interconnect cable for my T1 to hook into DX100, RWAK100, and DX50.
In three words...IT IS AWESOME.
I was using a different silver aftermarket cable from another manufacturer and A/B'd it with Ted's and the difference is unreal. Once again...Ted comes through!
Steve from NYCpost #50 of 18210/24/13 at 4:52pmThread StarterI have both the silver interconnect and a silver LOD and I completely agree that the difference is amazing compared to Fiio or other LOD/Interconnects.
Considering Ted's quality and a build time that is measured in days not seasons as a more famous cable maker here at Head-Fi are I am amazed more people do not patronize Headphone Lounge. Of course Ted does not sell gimmicks or make spurious claims to boost sales. Just good old fashioned quality.post #51 of 18210/24/13 at 6:07pmWhat is this?
I was certain Ted sourced his silver from rare coins, then rubbed them against horse shoes for good luck, and drizzled with holy water. Well at least I know Ted's cables are not lathered with Snake Oilpost #52 of 18210/24/13 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by spook76
I have both the silver interconnect and a silver LOD and I completely agree that the difference is amazing compared to Fiio or other LOD/Interconnects.
Considering Ted's quality and a build time that is measured in days not seasons as a more famous cable maker here at Head-Fi are I am amazed more people do not patronize Headphone Lounge. Of course Ted does not sell gimmicks or make spurious claims to boost sales. Just good old fashioned quality.
I'd sure like to see more people find out abut Ted, too. While he's not into gimmicks or talking about himself it would only do him good to market himself a little more. It sure doesn't have to be anything that goes against his grain, maybe a sponsor page here on Head-Fi? Some cables for review here or elsewhere?post #53 of 18210/25/13 at 4:17pmI agree but it seems as though he isnt interested in the lime light. Which in a way is kind of cool because hus services and products are more from word of mouth vs a huge advertisement.post #54 of 18210/25/13 at 4:28pmQuote:
WOM is critical, more than ads. I'm talking more about getting the product out there so WOM can be generated.post #55 of 18210/25/13 at 4:55pmThread StarterIt behooves all of us who love Ted's cables to get the word out on other threads. My belief is that a lot of people are scared away from aftermarket cables because they think it does not improve the sound, it is too expensive and takes too long. All of which is not true about Headphone Lounge and Ted Allen's cables.post #56 of 18210/25/13 at 6:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by spook76
It behooves all of us who love Ted's cables to get the word out on other threads. My belief is that a lot of people are scared away from aftermarket cables because they think it does not improve the sound, it is too expensive and takes too long. All of which is not true about Headphone Lounge and Ted Allen's cables.
+1post #57 of 18210/28/13 at 10:03ampost #58 of 18210/28/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
the biggest sham i think is Chris_Himself's cables were made by Ted, i think there are alot more people who know how good ted's work is, but Chris's name takes all the credit, and i think to some degree ted wanted it like that, kinda the man behind the curtain making the cables. but if you know chris_himself's work you know ted's work becuase it was all Ted. a figure head is only as good as the people or person backing and creating your product.post #59 of 18210/28/13 at 12:26pmThread StarterI could not agree more Mooses. What is worse Chris on his Facebook page claims he has 5 years making cables when Ted was the one making them all. Ted is much better off by himself as his communication is better than Chris Tran and that is all Chris had to do.post #60 of 18210/28/13 at 5:46pmI just read a recent post on Chris_Himself website mentioning about life after the split. It kind of worries me to read about those. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here so I shall refrain myself.Return Home
This thread is locked
- Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Final Heaven VII Tour - Reviewers Wanted! 14 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 37 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 37 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 55 seconds ago
- › Poor mans Shure SRH1540? 1 minute ago
- › Ortofon E-Q5 (Free Shipping) 3 minutes ago
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)