- 1 Post. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 8/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for portable, over-ear closed headphones, under $200 Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum Headphones (Brown) Last post on 5/20/15 at 3:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 9/8/15 at 6:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 2/24/16 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes and no. I had them for a fortnight before returning last week due to comfort issues. I have slightly smaller than average ears so they fit inside 'snugly' as described by many reviews.
I found comfort depended on how you wore them. When worn with the headband very far back on my head, I could wear them for typically 2~3 hours before the soreness set in.
The earcups are actually on ball socket joints (though with only ~20 degrees freedom of movement). Despite this, they tended to want to revert to their default resting position where the earcups were aligned vertically with the headband arms. For me, the solution was to leave the adjustment alone and wear the headband towards the back of my head, which tilted the earcups backwards to be more inline with my ears.
Another tip I picked up was to squash and wiggle them into your head when first putting them on, to force your ears to slip into the gap. The material really is incredibly soft and squishy - I couldn't think of a nicer design to have the tips of my ears squashed into. Unfortunately, cartilage just doesn't like to be squished.
The discomfort wasn't too bad, and it was a difficult decision to return them. For some perspective, I was wearing these at home and in the office for ~5 to ~8 hours a day 2 or 3 hours at a time. Small breaks of 15 minutes helped, and it was only towards the end of the day that comfort became an issue.
These are actually the first full sized headphones I've owned, so perhaps when comparing with other closed back portables this is a good performance. There was no problem with heaviness or sweaty earpads, for example.
If your ears are 65mm tall or less and don't stick out much, they should be fantastic.
Also if you don't like the pressure on your skull you can just bend out the headband a little at a time until you're satisfied with the comfort.
- Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
- › Official X1 stable firmware discussion thread--version 2.0: Added... 14 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 22 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Which Chord DAC is right for me? 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...