- 1 Post. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by System, 8/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on Today at 1:21 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on 9/19/14 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there headphones that work with glasses? Last post on 9/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100 Last post on 9/18/14 at 5:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New Sennheiser Momentum In ear Last post on Today at 8:11 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes and no. I had them for a fortnight before returning last week due to comfort issues. I have slightly smaller than average ears so they fit inside 'snugly' as described by many reviews.
I found comfort depended on how you wore them. When worn with the headband very far back on my head, I could wear them for typically 2~3 hours before the soreness set in.
The earcups are actually on ball socket joints (though with only ~20 degrees freedom of movement). Despite this, they tended to want to revert to their default resting position where the earcups were aligned vertically with the headband arms. For me, the solution was to leave the adjustment alone and wear the headband towards the back of my head, which tilted the earcups backwards to be more inline with my ears.
Another tip I picked up was to squash and wiggle them into your head when first putting them on, to force your ears to slip into the gap. The material really is incredibly soft and squishy - I couldn't think of a nicer design to have the tips of my ears squashed into. Unfortunately, cartilage just doesn't like to be squished.
The discomfort wasn't too bad, and it was a difficult decision to return them. For some perspective, I was wearing these at home and in the office for ~5 to ~8 hours a day 2 or 3 hours at a time. Small breaks of 15 minutes helped, and it was only towards the end of the day that comfort became an issue.
These are actually the first full sized headphones I've owned, so perhaps when comparing with other closed back portables this is a good performance. There was no problem with heaviness or sweaty earpads, for example.
If your ears are 65mm tall or less and don't stick out much, they should be fantastic.
Also if you don't like the pressure on your skull you can just bend out the headband a little at a time until you're satisfied with the comfort.
- Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
- › Open letter to John Grado 55 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Is www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au safe and legit? 4 minutes ago
- › 2014 bay area little big meet impressions 4 minutes ago
- › hd650 enquiry 4 minutes ago
- › New Version LA-7000 (Denon AH-D7000) in Museum Grade Redwood Burl... 6 minutes ago
- › Trouble uploading pics on new iOS 9 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)