- 1 Post. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 8/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for portable, over-ear closed headphones, under $200 Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum Headphones (Brown) Last post on 5/20/15 at 3:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 9/8/15 at 6:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 2/24/16 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes and no. I had them for a fortnight before returning last week due to comfort issues. I have slightly smaller than average ears so they fit inside 'snugly' as described by many reviews.
I found comfort depended on how you wore them. When worn with the headband very far back on my head, I could wear them for typically 2~3 hours before the soreness set in.
The earcups are actually on ball socket joints (though with only ~20 degrees freedom of movement). Despite this, they tended to want to revert to their default resting position where the earcups were aligned vertically with the headband arms. For me, the solution was to leave the adjustment alone and wear the headband towards the back of my head, which tilted the earcups backwards to be more inline with my ears.
Another tip I picked up was to squash and wiggle them into your head when first putting them on, to force your ears to slip into the gap. The material really is incredibly soft and squishy - I couldn't think of a nicer design to have the tips of my ears squashed into. Unfortunately, cartilage just doesn't like to be squished.
The discomfort wasn't too bad, and it was a difficult decision to return them. For some perspective, I was wearing these at home and in the office for ~5 to ~8 hours a day 2 or 3 hours at a time. Small breaks of 15 minutes helped, and it was only towards the end of the day that comfort became an issue.
These are actually the first full sized headphones I've owned, so perhaps when comparing with other closed back portables this is a good performance. There was no problem with heaviness or sweaty earpads, for example.
If your ears are 65mm tall or less and don't stick out much, they should be fantastic.
Also if you don't like the pressure on your skull you can just bend out the headband a little at a time until you're satisfied with the comfort.
- Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 12 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 51 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 52 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › New!! Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson Amp 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...