- 1 Post. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 8/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for portable, over-ear closed headphones, under $200 Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum Headphones (Brown) Last post on 5/20/15 at 3:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 1/26/15 at 3:39am in Headphones (full-size)
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes and no. I had them for a fortnight before returning last week due to comfort issues. I have slightly smaller than average ears so they fit inside 'snugly' as described by many reviews.
I found comfort depended on how you wore them. When worn with the headband very far back on my head, I could wear them for typically 2~3 hours before the soreness set in.
The earcups are actually on ball socket joints (though with only ~20 degrees freedom of movement). Despite this, they tended to want to revert to their default resting position where the earcups were aligned vertically with the headband arms. For me, the solution was to leave the adjustment alone and wear the headband towards the back of my head, which tilted the earcups backwards to be more inline with my ears.
Another tip I picked up was to squash and wiggle them into your head when first putting them on, to force your ears to slip into the gap. The material really is incredibly soft and squishy - I couldn't think of a nicer design to have the tips of my ears squashed into. Unfortunately, cartilage just doesn't like to be squished.
The discomfort wasn't too bad, and it was a difficult decision to return them. For some perspective, I was wearing these at home and in the office for ~5 to ~8 hours a day 2 or 3 hours at a time. Small breaks of 15 minutes helped, and it was only towards the end of the day that comfort became an issue.
These are actually the first full sized headphones I've owned, so perhaps when comparing with other closed back portables this is a good performance. There was no problem with heaviness or sweaty earpads, for example.
If your ears are 65mm tall or less and don't stick out much, they should be fantastic.
Also if you don't like the pressure on your skull you can just bend out the headband a little at a time until you're satisfied with the comfort.
- Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
- › $700-$800 to spend on headphones what headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Amp for Magnat LZR 980 4 minutes ago
- › Getting started with a Vintage Hi-fi System, a few questions. 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 5 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 5 minutes ago
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 5 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2