- 1 Post. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 8/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 2/3/15 at 6:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 1/26/15 at 3:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding on a good set of closed-back phones below $300 Last post on 1/23/15 at 5:35pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Gear sale! Ultrasone Pro 900, Sony MDR1RBT Vsonic gr07 MKII, and more! Last post on 2/10/15 at 6:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes and no. I had them for a fortnight before returning last week due to comfort issues. I have slightly smaller than average ears so they fit inside 'snugly' as described by many reviews.
I found comfort depended on how you wore them. When worn with the headband very far back on my head, I could wear them for typically 2~3 hours before the soreness set in.
The earcups are actually on ball socket joints (though with only ~20 degrees freedom of movement). Despite this, they tended to want to revert to their default resting position where the earcups were aligned vertically with the headband arms. For me, the solution was to leave the adjustment alone and wear the headband towards the back of my head, which tilted the earcups backwards to be more inline with my ears.
Another tip I picked up was to squash and wiggle them into your head when first putting them on, to force your ears to slip into the gap. The material really is incredibly soft and squishy - I couldn't think of a nicer design to have the tips of my ears squashed into. Unfortunately, cartilage just doesn't like to be squished.
The discomfort wasn't too bad, and it was a difficult decision to return them. For some perspective, I was wearing these at home and in the office for ~5 to ~8 hours a day 2 or 3 hours at a time. Small breaks of 15 minutes helped, and it was only towards the end of the day that comfort became an issue.
These are actually the first full sized headphones I've owned, so perhaps when comparing with other closed back portables this is a good performance. There was no problem with heaviness or sweaty earpads, for example.
If your ears are 65mm tall or less and don't stick out much, they should be fantastic.
Also if you don't like the pressure on your skull you can just bend out the headband a little at a time until you're satisfied with the comfort.
- Do the Sennheiser Momentums get more comfortable after a while?
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 seconds ago
- › looking for a pair of headphones under €400 17 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 27 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 38 seconds ago
- › using the ifi iCAN nano with the ifi iDSD nano 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2