Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › 2nd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2nd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013 - Page 2  

post #16 of 178

I'd like to attend and bring gear but I no longer live in SD. If I get hired within the next 2 months then I'll definitely attend. I might even attend if I was happening to go down to visit. I'll have to see...

post #17 of 178

Think I'll be able to make this:

 

I'll be bringing:

 

AT-L3000 headphones

AT-DHA3000 dac/amp

post #18 of 178

I don't want miss this. Had to work last year, couldn't go.

 

Will bring an ODAC, Gilmore Lite, MCA Cocobolo MS-1i, Sony MDR-V6.

 

On the stat side, SR-407 and a  SRM-252S amp.

 

Possibly my KGSSHV - not sure, it needs some sorting first.

This meet may also give me some impetus to finish building a DIY Blue Hawaii.

No promises, we'll see...

post #19 of 178
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire View Post

I don't want miss this. Had to work last year, couldn't go.

 

Will bring an ODAC, Gilmore Lite, MCA Cocobolo MS-1i, Sony MDR-V6.

 

On the stat side, SR-407 and a  SRM-252S amp.

 

Possibly my KGSSHV - not sure, it needs some sorting first.

This meet may also give me some impetus to finish building a DIY Blue Hawaii.

No promises, we'll see...

Yes, I hope you can make it this year.

 

A DIY Blue Hawaii? THAT would be AWESOME! (Can you build one for me too?biggrin.gif)

post #20 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post

Yes, I hope you can make it this year.

 

A DIY Blue Hawaii? THAT would be AWESOME! (Can you build one for me too?biggrin.gif)

 

A bit off topic here, yeah it will be AWESOME if it makes it through the testing phase.

The original BH was notorious for being unstable - blowing strings of transistors and popping tubes was a common occurance.

It took me two years to find a set of original boards for this build, not really available anymore.

I have incorporated some more up to date tweaks that may (or may not) help the reliabilty.

I'd be glad to discuss these in depth at the meet.

 

As far as building amps for others, I have turned down many requests on the KGSSHV.

It too is a cutting edge design that is prone to having a meltdown. Mine is the 1st prototype and has had it's share of "ups and downs".

I just dont have the time and the possible liabilty issues spook me.

Hope to meet you at the meet!

post #21 of 178
Thread Starter 

Just updated the vendor list in the first post.

 

Also a little bump to see if we can get some more people to commit to coming. :-)

post #22 of 178

I plan on going.  I can bring my Ultrasone HFI-580s.  If needed, I could also bring my Channel Islands VDA2 DAC w/ Single Ended outputs or Bifrost (non-Uber).

post #23 of 178
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrian30s View Post
 

I plan on going.  I can bring my Ultrasone HFI-580s.  If needed, I could also bring my Channel Islands VDA2 DAC w/ Single Ended outputs or Bifrost (non-Uber).

 

Hi sbrian30s, 

 

Thanks for signing up to come to the meet.

 

I have added your name and gear to the first post.

 

Looking forward to meeting you.

 

-Darin

post #24 of 178
Hey, I'm new to the whole high-end headphones, and I was wondering if I could show up to look around even though I don't have anything to bring?
post #25 of 178
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesweb View Post

Hey, I'm new to the whole high-end headphones, and I was wondering if I could show up to look around even though I don't have anything to bring?

 

Absolutely! I think it's a great opportunity to really get a taste of what we're all so passionate about. I think, like most people, who have never really heard high end headphones, it's a very eye opening experience.

 

Looking forward to seeing you there.

post #26 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesweb View Post

Hey, I'm new to the whole high-end headphones, and I was wondering if I could show up to look around even though I don't have anything to bring?

 

That's why we're there.

Show what we got and learn what we don't know....

post #27 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceleratus View Post

That's why we're there.
Show what we got and learn what we don't know....
Awesome! Looking foreword to it!
post #28 of 178

Any updates?

 

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make this meet.

 

I'll be bring: audio-gd NFB-7.32 DAC, Krell KAV-400xi amp, and Hifiman HE-6.

 

The only problem is I will have no music source. I'm only visiting SD for the weekend so I'm not lugging my desktop with me too. Can someone kindly provide a laptop or something with music?

post #29 of 178
I may have to be in Seattle the next day, but if I can move Seattle to the following weekend I'll be there.
post #30 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post
 

Any updates?

 

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make this meet.

 

I'll be bring: audio-gd NFB-7.32 DAC, Krell KAV-400xi amp, and Hifiman HE-6.

 

The only problem is I will have no music source. I'm only visiting SD for the weekend so I'm not lugging my desktop with me too. Can someone kindly provide a laptop or something with music?

 

This is Mike representing Brilliant Zen Audio.

 

I'll bring my laptop and some CDs. I also have iTunes on the laptop, but not sure how much music I'll have loaded on the hard disk. I don't need the laptop for myself so you can have it all day.

 

 

 

Mike


Edited by bpeng - 9/22/13 at 11:55am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › 2nd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013