Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd NFB-28
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-gd NFB-28 - Page 34

post #496 of 1668

If you get a method to reduce the display brightness, please post or PM me. I'd almost like a switch to turn it off sometimes, which might be easier to do, as you'd probably have to put resistors inside each display unit which couldn't be done easily. I want to do the same for my computer case's fan lights, lol (replace/dim/remove/put on a switch). The blue light of the two keeps me up at night - the stuff's bright! - and blue light is more stimulating to your brain than caffeine can be according to some scientists! I don't want to do tint film, as that might interfere with the remote control. I think a warm yellow would be a cool color, just as a side note.

post #497 of 1668

tinted plastic sheets from a hobby store, cut to fit the display cuts down brightness by however much you want.

post #498 of 1668

Hey I wanted to ask if anyone in this thread has used the HE-560 with the NFB 28 and had good results with synergy? I am ask because I am a HE-560 owner and wanted to see if this is a good unit for AMP and DAC under 1000$

post #499 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post

tinted plastic sheets from a hobby store, cut to fit the display cuts down brightness by however much you want.
Reread my post... Tint film might interfere with the remote? Unless you've tested that yourself.
post #500 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodgey4 View Post


Reread my post... Tint film might interfere with the remote? Unless you've tested that yourself.

Works on my Master-5 w/o issue

post #501 of 1668
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJacks View Post

Hey I wanted to ask if anyone in this thread has used the HE-560 with the NFB 28 and had good results with synergy? I am ask because I am a HE-560 owner and wanted to see if this is a good unit for AMP and DAC under 1000$

Sounds great to me with he6 and 400i.
post #502 of 1668
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodgey4 View Post

Reread my post... Tint film might interfere with the remote? Unless you've tested that yourself.
It has not cause any issue with all my agd gears.
post #503 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayh View Post


Sounds great to me with he6 and 400i.
 
 

Aw sweet that is what I wanted to hear, I mean I have heard from my friend Zach that is sounds good with my closed back ZMF X Vibros and I was just mostly worried becasue I did not know how it sounded with some of the HE560/he6/he400i Granted they are all different but I have a better feeling knowing you liked them with your models. 

post #504 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJacks View Post
 

Hey I wanted to ask if anyone in this thread has used the HE-560 with the NFB 28 and had good results with synergy? I am ask because I am a HE-560 owner and wanted to see if this is a good unit for AMP and DAC under 1000$

 

Hello. I tried the Nfb-28 with HE-560 tanton the normal output, and balanced.

I believe that the Nfb-28 is very neutral and HE-560 also. The moves perfectly, but the result is a little bland, or too neutral.

I prefer the HE-500.

post #505 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by BALANCEATOR View Post
 

 

Hello. I tried the Nfb-28 with HE-560 tanton the normal output, and balanced.

I believe that the Nfb-28 is very neutral and HE-560 also. The moves perfectly, but the result is a little bland, or too neutral.

I prefer the HE-500.

Yeah I saw your other post to me, I hope that Ilike the pairing I am planning on using it via balanced jack, and also planning on getting a hybrid/tube amp or a slightly warmer solid state that has balanced to pair with it when I want variety but I will see.

post #506 of 1668

I recommend you use these headphones on Balanced. The sound is much better. Try it before you decide to look at tube amps. The Nfb-28 has a very good balanced sound.

post #507 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by BALANCEATOR View Post
 

I recommend you use these headphones on Balanced. The sound is much better. Try it before you decide to look at tube amps. The Nfb-28 has a very good balanced sound.

Yeah I will I have a Charleston Cable Company "audiophile" balanced cable, along with the extensions to 1/4 and 1/8 from my friend that I got the HE-560 from, awesome cable. So I figure since I am getting a cabl sent from Zach from ZMF as a new cable he is making with balanced end. I will be using the balanced jack exclusively, and that makes me happy to hear. That you think it has a good sound, I heard it has good speed, dynamics, and power via balanced jack

post #508 of 1668
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJacks View Post

Yeah I saw your other post to me, I hope that Ilike the pairing I am planning on using it via balanced jack, and also planning on getting a hybrid/tube amp or a slightly warmer solid state that has balanced to pair with it when I want variety but I will see.
You might want to check out nfb10.33 if you want warmer. An alternative to nfb28 with dual8741 dac.
post #509 of 1668

his name is Balanceator and he recommends balanced cabling :P

 

I recommend 7up it is both refreshing and delicious

post #510 of 1668

What you think guys buy it or no? be cuz i want drive my HD800 and in the future LCD-2, HE-500 and OPPO-PM2

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd NFB-28