Hello! I am wanting to do a review of the V-Moda Crossfade M-100's. Since they are crowd sourced headphones, I was wanting to incorporate some reviews from other people as references. Please let me know what you thought of them. Before burn in, after burn in, whatever. Also, if you would like to say anything about V-Moda in general, I would greatly appreciate it. As this will be a youtube video, if you have a youtube account, leave that in your reviews as well and i will link it in the description of said video including your head fi account if you wish. Thank you for all your help!
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone know when the V-Moda M100 will be released? Last post on 4/16/12 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda m-100 vs Dre Beats Solo HD (For Bass Punch) Last post on 8/23/14 at 9:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help Last post on 8/12/14 at 8:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sold: V-moda Crossfade M100 WhiteSilver (Australia/Worldwide) FREE SHIPPING Last post on 8/5/14 at 10:36am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Headphone Recommendation : V-Moda M100, Momentum or other Last post on 6/29/14 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
V-Moda M-100 Review Request
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's good to add more about sound, I find these phones have had more design work put into it than sound work. The bass is nice and thumps and the highs are decent but these phones lack so much clarity. They are the muddiest sounding phones I have heard in the 200-300 price range. I think they are absolutely stunning looking but when you want to listen to bands, rock groups and folk they sound like junk. I think the price needs to be much lower but you are paying for looks and materials with pretty packaging more than anything. I wanted to love these but they are such a waste of money. Val needs to sort the sound quality out because they are quite bad for anything other than pop and anything else that has bass.
My M-100 has the best clarity out of all my headphones with the V-80 running a close second. What other 'phones do you have and what source(s) do you use?
I have to agree with TheReem. For all the raving about a "huge soundstage", it isn't there. It sounds like a completely average soundstage. They are too rolled off in the highs, which is the reason why they sound muddy and aren't very detailed. In terms of quality for electronic music? Ultrasones smash them; they destroy them. They throw them on the floor and step on them. Burn in an HFi 780 for 100 hours, which can be found far cheaper than the M-100, and you will see that Ultrasone is the king.
With all the positive reviews of the M-100, I was really, really disappointed with their sound. Very poor value. They were resold quickly.
Edited by TWerk - 8/17/13 at 9:52am
You probably will ask, why do they have such positive reviews, then, if they aren't even good?
I think it's because they are marketed to the consumer market, NOT the audiophile market. Most people in the consumer market haven't heard how much detail and clarity a quality headphone resolves. If they haven't heard it before, than sure, M-100 will sound very good. They haven't heard the competition yet.
This is what I've noticed, many of us head-fiers (who have tried many different headphones) end up selling these, only because we know that other headphones sound better. Newcomers don't realize this.
Ask an M-100 fanatic about all the headphones they have tried before them, and I suspect you won't be talking to him for very long.
Edited by TWerk - 8/17/13 at 10:03am
I like the built , look and the sound . Use it when streaming a lot and can not be happier
Most people will not necessary agree as far as gears are concern, even with Staxd, after all this thing is personal
Hope to keep m100 around and looking forward to the XL pads
To anyone considering them, it helps to know your treble preferences. They just aren't too detailed and extended up there, and if you prefer a more trebly response, I think you will be disappointed. If you are easily fatigued and can't stand extra treble, maybe they are an "okay" choice.
- V-Moda M-100 Review Request
- › Superlux Express Train 11 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 46 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)