Hello! I am wanting to do a review of the V-Moda Crossfade M-100's. Since they are crowd sourced headphones, I was wanting to incorporate some reviews from other people as references. Please let me know what you thought of them. Before burn in, after burn in, whatever. Also, if you would like to say anything about V-Moda in general, I would greatly appreciate it. As this will be a youtube video, if you have a youtube account, leave that in your reviews as well and i will link it in the description of said video including your head fi account if you wish. Thank you for all your help!
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone know when the V-Moda M100 will be released? Last post on 4/16/12 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Have V-moda M-100s. Found ATH-M50 for 98USD. Good deal? save cash for different cans? Last post on 2/27/14 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda m100 for Rock? Last post on 2/23/14 at 4:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Tightening the fit on V-MODA Crossfade M-100's? Last post on 2/20/14 at 5:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
V-Moda M-100 Review Request
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 258/13/13 at 11:11pmpost #3 of 258/13/13 at 11:51pmThread Starterpost #4 of 258/14/13 at 5:09ampost #5 of 258/17/13 at 1:31ampost #6 of 258/17/13 at 6:46amQuote:Originally Posted by TheReem
It's good to add more about sound, I find these phones have had more design work put into it than sound work. The bass is nice and thumps and the highs are decent but these phones lack so much clarity. They are the muddiest sounding phones I have heard in the 200-300 price range. I think they are absolutely stunning looking but when you want to listen to bands, rock groups and folk they sound like junk. I think the price needs to be much lower but you are paying for looks and materials with pretty packaging more than anything. I wanted to love these but they are such a waste of money. Val needs to sort the sound quality out because they are quite bad for anything other than pop and anything else that has bass.
My M-100 has the best clarity out of all my headphones with the V-80 running a close second. What other 'phones do you have and what source(s) do you use?post #7 of 258/17/13 at 9:50am
I have to agree with TheReem. For all the raving about a "huge soundstage", it isn't there. It sounds like a completely average soundstage. They are too rolled off in the highs, which is the reason why they sound muddy and aren't very detailed. In terms of quality for electronic music? Ultrasones smash them; they destroy them. They throw them on the floor and step on them. Burn in an HFi 780 for 100 hours, which can be found far cheaper than the M-100, and you will see that Ultrasone is the king.
With all the positive reviews of the M-100, I was really, really disappointed with their sound. Very poor value. They were resold quickly.
Edited by TWerk - 8/17/13 at 9:52ampost #8 of 258/17/13 at 10:01am
You probably will ask, why do they have such positive reviews, then, if they aren't even good?
I think it's because they are marketed to the consumer market, NOT the audiophile market. Most people in the consumer market haven't heard how much detail and clarity a quality headphone resolves. If they haven't heard it before, than sure, M-100 will sound very good. They haven't heard the competition yet.
This is what I've noticed, many of us head-fiers (who have tried many different headphones) end up selling these, only because we know that other headphones sound better. Newcomers don't realize this.
Ask an M-100 fanatic about all the headphones they have tried before them, and I suspect you won't be talking to him for very long.
Edited by TWerk - 8/17/13 at 10:03ampost #9 of 258/17/13 at 10:09ampost #10 of 258/17/13 at 10:10amI am a music lover and enjoy M100 even with other phones around:)
I like the built , look and the sound . Use it when streaming a lot and can not be happier
Most people will not necessary agree as far as gears are concern, even with Staxd, after all this thing is personal
Hope to keep m100 around and looking forward to the XL pads
Cheers!!post #11 of 258/17/13 at 10:12ampost #12 of 258/17/13 at 10:14ampost #13 of 258/17/13 at 10:18ampost #14 of 258/17/13 at 10:25ampost #15 of 258/17/13 at 10:29am
To anyone considering them, it helps to know your treble preferences. They just aren't too detailed and extended up there, and if you prefer a more trebly response, I think you will be disappointed. If you are easily fatigued and can't stand extra treble, maybe they are an "okay" choice.
- V-Moda M-100 Review Request
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Laptop or Desktop? 29 seconds ago
- › Do I need a DAC? 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › Soundcard without background noise - (Does a higher signal to noise... 3 minutes ago
- › BeyerDynamic owners unite... 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 9 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 9 minutes ago
- › Should I get an eternal DAC/amp for my 5th gen iPod? 10 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 10 minutes ago
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude