Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › UM Miracle vs JH16 vs Shure SE846 vs Sennheiser IE800 vs AKG K3003i - help me to choose
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UM Miracle vs JH16 vs Shure SE846 vs Sennheiser IE800 vs AKG K3003i - help me to choose

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so pardon me for making mistakes in trying to express myself.

 

I currently own the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 I'm not very happy with the TripleFi 10s as I find that the instruments sounded very close to each other and you cannot use it to concentrate on hearing any one of the instruments at once. I do not have any amp or dac. (Im a student so Im rather poor)

 

Songs I listen to:

60% Mainstream Pop music

40% Rock music (such as Linkin Park)

I use 320kbps .mp3 files for my listening

 

Things that I want in an IEM:

- A wide soundstage (something wider than that of the TF10s)

- Im a basshead so I like boomy bass but one that intrudes into the mids and highs

- Warm vocals that are not recessed (I feel that the TF10s are recessed in vocals)

- Sparkling treble but with good instrumental separation (though I find the TF10s treble too sharp at times)

 

I would greatly appreciate any guidance possible as I'm not very experienced with IEMs and have only previously owned the Monster Turbines and now I've been using the TF10s for about 6 months now. 

 

Thank you for taking your time to actually read this :D

post #2 of 39
I would not advise the Miracles. They are wonderful with great airy soundstage, great instrument separation, but the bass is not so boomy and most of all, the mids are clear and not warm at all. You might like the IE800 as they have boosted bass and wonderful mids as well as nice instrument separation.
However, if your funds are limited, you could consider cheaper options first. I think the Inear SD3 around 500 dollars would suit your tastes.
post #3 of 39
If you look for a tf10 upgrade the fischer amps fa 4e xb is what you are looking for it shares the same sound signature but much improved

And does everything you said warmer clear detailed mids with great voices, wider soundstage, better separation and better extended non metallic treble with great deep punchy bass. And of course will suit great your musical preferences
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 8/13/13 at 11:56am
post #4 of 39
What is your source (mp3 player, etc.)?
post #5 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

What is your source (mp3 player, etc.)?

My source is quite suckish? I play music from my HTC One, though I have an ipod touch 5th gen too if that's any better though I feel that music I get out of the HTC one and my s3 is more airy and provides a wider sound stage compared to the ipod touch.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

If you look for a tf10 upgrade the fischer amps fa 4e xb is what you are looking for it shares the same sound signature but much improved

And does everything you said warmer clear detailed mids with great voices, wider soundstage, better separation and better extended non metallic treble with great deep punchy bass. And of course will suit great your musical preferences

 

Hmmmm I don't know if I will be able to find fisher amps here where I live at. do you use it yourself? I'm not sure where I will be able to find it. If you do use it, how do u think it stacks up against the other IEMs I have listed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

I would not advise the Miracles. They are wonderful with great airy soundstage, great instrument separation, but the bass is not so boomy and most of all, the mids are clear and not warm at all. You might like the IE800 as they have boosted bass and wonderful mids as well as nice instrument separation.
However, if your funds are limited, you could consider cheaper options first. I think the Inear SD3 around 500 dollars would suit your tastes.

 

Hmmmmm I might just give that a go, my funds are limited meaning that I do not have enough money for amps after I buy the IEM i want. And my country does not have many brands that are offered elsewhere like in the united states.


Edited by nexezz - 8/14/13 at 1:35am
post #6 of 39

What DON'T you want in an IEM? That might make it easier....

post #7 of 39
.mp3 with these IEMs.... Why?
post #8 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

I would not advise the Miracles. They are wonderful with great airy soundstage, great instrument separation, but the bass is not so boomy and most of all, the mids are clear and not warm at all. You might like the IE800 as they have boosted bass and wonderful mids as well as nice instrument separation.
However, if your funds are limited, you could consider cheaper options first. I think the Inear SD3 around 500 dollars would suit your tastes.

This.
Also,High price tag IEMs doesn't mean "invincible" ,especially you don't have any dedicated source for revealing their real potential.

For phone without any external dac/amp , I would recommend UM1 or W1.
post #9 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by spriest View Post

.mp3 with these IEMs.... Why?

Yeah, that was what I was thinking, but really, the differences between 320 and FLAC aren't day and night. 

I would say IE800 or JH16 or maybe even the UM Merlin. 

post #10 of 39

I find the IE800 to be a TF10 on Steroids. They share some similarities like tonality but the IE800 do present music in a much technically superior way.

IE800 bring a much better deep bass presence. Easily the best mids I've heard in a earphone. Very detailed.

Perfect upgrade in terms of sound.

 

The SE846 might be something to consider as well.

post #11 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

I find the IE800 to be a TF10 on Steroids. They share some similarities like tonality but the IE800 do present music in a much technically superior way.

IE800 bring a much better deep bass presence. Easily the best mids I've heard in a earphone. Very detailed.

Perfect upgrade in terms of sound.

 

The SE846 might be something to consider as well.

What are the main differences between the SE846 and the IE800?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

Yeah, that was what I was thinking, but really, the differences between 320 and FLAC aren't day and night. 

I would say IE800 or JH16 or maybe even the UM Merlin. 

How does the UM Merlin sound?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriest View Post


This.
Also,High price tag IEMs doesn't mean "invincible" ,especially you don't have any dedicated source for revealing their real potential.

For phone without any external dac/amp , I would recommend UM1 or W1.

 

I am actually thinking of getting a dac or amp, after I decide on which IEM I'm gonna get, but the budget for an AMP or DAC will only be around SGD300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriest View Post

.mp3 with these IEMs.... Why?

Is there a big difference between .flac and .mp3? I don't have any .flac files cuz I can't find them anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelt2359 View Post

What DON'T you want in an IEM? That might make it easier....

I don't want too sharp highs, I find the TF10s to have a piercing high sometimes. Another thing I don't want is bad instrumental separation or a narrow soundstage, I like things to be spaced out and the soundstage to be airy.

post #12 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexezz View Post

How does the UM Merlin sound?

Think UM Miracle with more bass. Basically, it's big bass, recessed mids and sparkly treble. 

post #13 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

Think UM Miracle with more bass. Basically, it's big bass, recessed mids and sparkly treble. 

hmmmm I prefer mids not to be recessed though, but the problem is I wouldn't be able to try the sound of it without buying it right?

post #14 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexezz View Post

hmmmm I prefer mids not to be recessed though, but the problem is I wouldn't be able to try the sound of it without buying it right?

You could ask UM for their universal demo but you have to pay a deposit. 

post #15 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

You could ask UM for their universal demo but you have to pay a deposit. 

I see, but is there a fee or is the deposit 100% refunded if I choose not to get the product? And another thing I'm not going to be ordering it online, but through a music chain in my country which offers UM customs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › UM Miracle vs JH16 vs Shure SE846 vs Sennheiser IE800 vs AKG K3003i - help me to choose