New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dumb Speaker Hookup Question

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I am knew to speakers. I have previously been running my TT (built-in preamp) through a Schiit Magni and using headphones.  I got some old Technics speakers that I want to try but have never seen an audio input on speakers that looks like these (like I said - new to speakers).  


Basically the red and white "inputs" are little circle caps with a hole.  They unscrew and under is a gold cone shaped thing.  Any idea what these are?



Edited by dosprompt - 8/13/13 at 6:10am
post #2 of 8

Can you post a picture?  Speaker terminals are usually "binding posts" designed to accept either bare wire or a "banana" plug.

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
post #4 of 8
That's a binding post. You twist the strands of your wire together, back the nut out a bit, shove the wire in the center hole and tighten the nut. These accept small wires only, so if you have large gage wire, clip off some strands to make it small enough.
post #5 of 8
Originally Posted by dosprompt View Post

Here is a pic:

Do you have an amp to run them?
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 

I just picked up a B&O Beomaster 3000

post #7 of 8
That will fun to use smily_headphones1.gif
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 

All hooked up and sounding great - thanks for the help

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: