What the title says. I listen mostly to classical symphonies. Thus the overall presentation is extremely important. The other iem I am currently looking at is T-Peos H-200. Any input will be much appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from TDK BA200 to Westone 4 / SM64? Last post on 4/21/13 at 1:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3x, 4, 1964, TF10 or Heir 3ai Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone know where I can buy the ba200 Last post on 9/10/14 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are some good quad-driver balanced armature universal fit in ear monitors? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need in ear headphone recommendation under $200 Last post on 8/7/14 at 1:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Is Westone 4r worth the money as an upgrade from TDK BA200?
post #1 of 9
8/12/13 at 7:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 9
8/12/13 at 8:08pm
post #3 of 9
8/13/13 at 3:32am
post #4 of 9
8/13/13 at 10:08am
I've read from some posts that the music from the w4r can sometimes sound thin or lifeless. What's your opinion on such remark?
post #5 of 9
8/13/13 at 10:15am
That really depends on the DAP, and mine sounded fine with my iDevices, Sony F806/807, and specially the AK120.
post #6 of 9
8/13/13 at 10:28am
post #7 of 9
8/13/13 at 10:29am
post #8 of 9
8/13/13 at 10:46am
post #9 of 9
8/13/13 at 10:48am
- Is Westone 4r worth the money as an upgrade from TDK BA200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2774 Active Users (560 Members and 2214 Guests)
- › Looking for relatively inexpensive IEMs 37 seconds ago
- › iphone 6 & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone-palooza shoot-out! 8 cans reviewed here! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)