Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › New Member from Chicago, USA - Introducing Myself
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Member from Chicago, USA - Introducing Myself

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hey there,
Long-time lurker, first time poster - figured it was finally time to make an account on these fantastic forums.

I'm not the biggest "audiophile" on the planet - more so just a chronic tinker-er trying to nurse a newly-rekindled obsession with PC audio systems. My (hold in your laughter!) *only* pair of headphones are a set of Xears Maestro MH700PRO IEM's, which held up marvelously to a solid ten months of travel. I wish I had more to compare them against, since I'd love to write up a review for them here...

My current project, which I only dreamed up a few days ago with a buddy (and might never materialize), is a budget-friendly tube amplifier made to sit inside of a PC's 5.25" panel. The friend I mentioned is much more knowledgeable in audio systems than I am, but we're putting our heads together to see whether or not the typical dissuading factors of electrostatic interference from inside of the PC's case, power management, and the heat generated by tube amps can't somehow be worked around. Funny enough, it all started with me rabidly searching for a Cooler Master Musketeer III (http://www.trustedreviews.com/Cooler-Master-Musketeer-3_Peripheral_review). I couldn't find one for the life of me, much less in black, so I thought it might make a fun project. If anything happens with it, I'll post a write up and some info for everyone. I'm not holding my breath, though rolleyes.gif

Anyways, great to finally be onboard!

Cheers,
careet
post #2 of 8

Cheers! I'm a long-time lurker too and this is my 2nd post :) Hope to share my interest with people all around the world

post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by careet View Post

Hey there,
Long-time lurker, first time poster - figured it was finally time to make an account on these fantastic forums.

I'm not the biggest "audiophile" on the planet - more so just a chronic tinker-er trying to nurse a newly-rekindled obsession with PC audio systems. My (hold in your laughter!) *only* pair of headphones are a set of Xears Maestro MH700PRO IEM's, which held up marvelously to a solid ten months of travel. I wish I had more to compare them against, since I'd love to write up a review for them here...

My current project, which I only dreamed up a few days ago with a buddy (and might never materialize), is a budget-friendly tube amplifier made to sit inside of a PC's 5.25" panel. The friend I mentioned is much more knowledgeable in audio systems than I am, but we're putting our heads together to see whether or not the typical dissuading factors of electrostatic interference from inside of the PC's case, power management, and the heat generated by tube amps can't somehow be worked around. Funny enough, it all started with me rabidly searching for a Cooler Master Musketeer III (http://www.trustedreviews.com/Cooler-Master-Musketeer-3_Peripheral_review). I couldn't find one for the life of me, much less in black, so I thought it might make a fun project. If anything happens with it, I'll post a write up and some info for everyone. I'm not holding my breath, though rolleyes.gif

Anyways, great to finally be onboard!

Cheers,
careet

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansaar Sanders View Post

Cheers! I'm a long-time lurker too and this is my 2nd post :) Hope to share my interest with people all around the world

Enjoy this is a fun hobby we have,

 

oh and I'm sorry about your wallets <3 

post #4 of 8

Ha ha ha! I'll try to resist the temptation for a while, cuz I just brought a rig home gs1000.gif

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansaar Sanders View Post

Ha ha ha! I'll try to resist the temptation for a while, cuz I just brought a rig home gs1000.gif

Oh well in that case you should be fine. My wallet can breathe after it's been CLEANED, and trust me it's getting CLEANED OUT today 

post #6 of 8

Yeah, one of my problems is that I go to the headgear shop, listen to some cans, decide to pick a pair, and the day after I come back, I listen to an even better pair, and make a promise with myself: I WILL BUY THAT, and the cycle begins :lol In the end, the wallet never can fully healed...

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansaar Sanders View Post

Yeah, one of my problems is that I go to the headgear shop, listen to some cans, decide to pick a pair, and the day after I come back, I listen to an even better pair, and make a promise with myself: I WILL BUY THAT, and the cycle begins :lol In the end, the wallet never can fully healed...

I'm glad I don't have an actual Hi Fi shop, the shops we have all our Low Fi, so I guy and RETURN lol 

 

only head fi makes me spend the big bucks! 

post #8 of 8

You know in my country (Viet Nam in case you wanna know) there are only 3 hi-end headstore. I have to travel over 30km to get to the nearest one in Ho Chi Minh city whenever something new comes out. I had one heard an advertisement about a pair made in China and bought it. That was a terrible mistake. Then a friend of mine showed me the hi-end headstore, and the journey began... I decided to be a tiny part of the headgear world then... Very unfriendly-budget hobby though :)  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › New Member from Chicago, USA - Introducing Myself