- 48 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for first audiophile iems Last post on 10/29/13 at 11:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Response between UE900, Westone 4R, and SE535? Last post on 10/23/13 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most comfortable for lying on my side? Last post on 11/14/13 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Westone 4r vs Shure SE535 ( L.E. RED ) VS Regular Shure 535 REQ:( best Punchy bass ) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4r vs Shure se535 (Bass only) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r - Page 2
Poll Results: Shure se535, Shure se535 ltd-J, Westone 4r or Ultimate Ears UE900
15% (13)Shure SE535
26% (22)Shure SE535 LTD-J
41% (34)Westone 4R
15% (13)Ultimate Ears UE900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
NP, BTW a lot of people think they can't buy from US just because the live outside. However, just like Japan, there are a lot of shipping services for international buyers too.
@drsheep the thing is that I would buy from the us if I had my own credit card and if my parents would let me even purchase a set of iems for that price. To them, It's overpriced. Unfortunately neither do I possess a card or would my parents allow me to purchase them. so Im just buying em on my own from the local store.
Work smart and earn your own money is the way to go.
no no. I was saying that since you can't order W4 from amazon, buy the UE900 at a local place.
If price is not a problem then get the UE900. Since you are outside of the US...
- The UE900 comes with 2 braided cables, W4R only has 1 and it is twisted.
- The UE900 is smaller and lighter.
- W4R is a good $75 cheaper on Amazon.
- W4R has a more balance and neutal sound.
- W4R is slighly easier to get aftermarket cables.
You may have noticed that I voted for the W4R, but since you are outside of the US and can't buy or exchange IEMs easily, you may just as well go for a more robust package of the UE900. However, you really can't go wrong with either.
Totally depends on lots of things.
1. Does you iem need an amp? If it's one of those iems that needs real good power, quality would increase significantly.
2. Most people cannot tell the difference between 128kbps and 320k. In fact, with most portable rigs, it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I couldn't tell the difference between the two with SE535.
3. What amp are you going to use?
4. What source are you going to use?
Although I said it depends, if you are getting a W4 or UE900, getting an amp would benefit.
- Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 50 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 3 minutes ago
- › Update On Current Status 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone HFI-580s for sale! 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors - FINALLY! 7 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3