- 49 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for first audiophile iems Last post on 10/29/13 at 11:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Response between UE900, Westone 4R, and SE535? Last post on 10/23/13 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most comfortable for lying on my side? Last post on 11/14/13 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Westone 4r vs Shure SE535 ( L.E. RED ) VS Regular Shure 535 REQ:( best Punchy bass ) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4r vs Shure se535 (Bass only) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r - Page 2
Poll Results: Shure se535, Shure se535 ltd-J, Westone 4r or Ultimate Ears UE900
18% (16)Shure SE535
27% (24)Shure SE535 LTD-J
39% (34)Westone 4R
14% (13)Ultimate Ears UE900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
NP, BTW a lot of people think they can't buy from US just because the live outside. However, just like Japan, there are a lot of shipping services for international buyers too.
@drsheep the thing is that I would buy from the us if I had my own credit card and if my parents would let me even purchase a set of iems for that price. To them, It's overpriced. Unfortunately neither do I possess a card or would my parents allow me to purchase them. so Im just buying em on my own from the local store.
Work smart and earn your own money is the way to go.
no no. I was saying that since you can't order W4 from amazon, buy the UE900 at a local place.
If price is not a problem then get the UE900. Since you are outside of the US...
- The UE900 comes with 2 braided cables, W4R only has 1 and it is twisted.
- The UE900 is smaller and lighter.
- W4R is a good $75 cheaper on Amazon.
- W4R has a more balance and neutal sound.
- W4R is slighly easier to get aftermarket cables.
You may have noticed that I voted for the W4R, but since you are outside of the US and can't buy or exchange IEMs easily, you may just as well go for a more robust package of the UE900. However, you really can't go wrong with either.
Totally depends on lots of things.
1. Does you iem need an amp? If it's one of those iems that needs real good power, quality would increase significantly.
2. Most people cannot tell the difference between 128kbps and 320k. In fact, with most portable rigs, it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I couldn't tell the difference between the two with SE535.
3. What amp are you going to use?
4. What source are you going to use?
Although I said it depends, if you are getting a W4 or UE900, getting an amp would benefit.
- Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 6 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 7 minutes ago
- › BEATS PRO 8 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)