- 45 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for first audiophile iems Last post on 10/29/13 at 11:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Response between UE900, Westone 4R, and SE535? Last post on 10/23/13 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most comfortable for lying on my side? Last post on 11/14/13 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Westone 4r vs Shure SE535 ( L.E. RED ) VS Regular Shure 535 REQ:( best Punchy bass ) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4r vs Shure se535 (Bass only) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r - Page 2
Poll Results: Shure se535, Shure se535 ltd-J, Westone 4r or Ultimate Ears UE900
11% (8)Shure SE535
28% (20)Shure SE535 LTD-J
43% (31)Westone 4R
16% (12)Ultimate Ears UE900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
NP, BTW a lot of people think they can't buy from US just because the live outside. However, just like Japan, there are a lot of shipping services for international buyers too.
@drsheep the thing is that I would buy from the us if I had my own credit card and if my parents would let me even purchase a set of iems for that price. To them, It's overpriced. Unfortunately neither do I possess a card or would my parents allow me to purchase them. so Im just buying em on my own from the local store.
Work smart and earn your own money is the way to go.
no no. I was saying that since you can't order W4 from amazon, buy the UE900 at a local place.
If price is not a problem then get the UE900. Since you are outside of the US...
- The UE900 comes with 2 braided cables, W4R only has 1 and it is twisted.
- The UE900 is smaller and lighter.
- W4R is a good $75 cheaper on Amazon.
- W4R has a more balance and neutal sound.
- W4R is slighly easier to get aftermarket cables.
You may have noticed that I voted for the W4R, but since you are outside of the US and can't buy or exchange IEMs easily, you may just as well go for a more robust package of the UE900. However, you really can't go wrong with either.
Totally depends on lots of things.
1. Does you iem need an amp? If it's one of those iems that needs real good power, quality would increase significantly.
2. Most people cannot tell the difference between 128kbps and 320k. In fact, with most portable rigs, it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I couldn't tell the difference between the two with SE535.
3. What amp are you going to use?
4. What source are you going to use?
Although I said it depends, if you are getting a W4 or UE900, getting an amp would benefit.
- Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Destiny 15 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 37 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 43 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)