- 38 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for first audiophile iems Last post on 10/29/13 at 11:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Response between UE900, Westone 4R, and SE535? Last post on 10/23/13 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most comfortable for lying on my side? Last post on 11/14/13 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Westone 4r vs Shure SE535 ( L.E. RED ) VS Regular Shure 535 REQ:( best Punchy bass ) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4r vs Shure se535 (Bass only) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r - Page 2
Poll Results: Shure se535, Shure se535 ltd-J, Westone 4r or Ultimate Ears UE900
41 Total Votespost #16 of 708/14/13 at 3:47amThread StarterThanks for the reply but I think I'll have to test them out first so I can redefine my definition of thumping bass.
12% (5)Shure SE535
26% (11)Shure SE535 LTD-J
46% (19)Westone 4R
14% (6)Ultimate Ears UE900
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 708/14/13 at 3:48amThread Starterpost #18 of 708/14/13 at 3:51am
NP, BTW a lot of people think they can't buy from US just because the live outside. However, just like Japan, there are a lot of shipping services for international buyers too.post #19 of 708/14/13 at 3:56amThread Starter@drsheep the thing is that I would buy from the us if I had my own credit card and if my parents would let me even purchase a set of iems for that price. To them, It's overpriced. Unfortunately neither do I possess a card or would my parents allow me to purchase them. so Im just buying em on my own from the local store.post #20 of 708/14/13 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by techmonstr
@drsheep the thing is that I would buy from the us if I had my own credit card and if my parents would let me even purchase a set of iems for that price. To them, It's overpriced. Unfortunately neither do I possess a card or would my parents allow me to purchase them. so Im just buying em on my own from the local store.
Work smart and earn your own money is the way to go.post #21 of 708/14/13 at 4:07amThread Starterpost #22 of 708/14/13 at 4:09amThread Starterpost #23 of 708/14/13 at 5:18am
If you can't order on amazon, UE900 seems to be the best choice. It's overall neutral with bass emphasis, which fits your genres pretty well. Soundstage is also very wide.post #24 of 708/14/13 at 7:30amThread Starterpost #25 of 708/14/13 at 7:47amQuote:
no no. I was saying that since you can't order W4 from amazon, buy the UE900 at a local place.post #26 of 708/14/13 at 9:02amThread Starterpost #27 of 708/14/13 at 9:29amQuote:
If price is not a problem then get the UE900. Since you are outside of the US...
- The UE900 comes with 2 braided cables, W4R only has 1 and it is twisted.
- The UE900 is smaller and lighter.
- W4R is a good $75 cheaper on Amazon.
- W4R has a more balance and neutal sound.
- W4R is slighly easier to get aftermarket cables.
You may have noticed that I voted for the W4R, but since you are outside of the US and can't buy or exchange IEMs easily, you may just as well go for a more robust package of the UE900. However, you really can't go wrong with either.post #28 of 708/18/13 at 4:29amThread StarterGuys I'm gonna go and test the iems on one of these days, but I got a question. If I play 128 kbps music through an amp, what will happen? Does increase the quality? Does it make it sound 320 kbps?post #29 of 708/18/13 at 8:49amQuote:
Totally depends on lots of things.
1. Does you iem need an amp? If it's one of those iems that needs real good power, quality would increase significantly.
2. Most people cannot tell the difference between 128kbps and 320k. In fact, with most portable rigs, it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I couldn't tell the difference between the two with SE535.
3. What amp are you going to use?
4. What source are you going to use?
Although I said it depends, if you are getting a W4 or UE900, getting an amp would benefit.
- Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 55 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 59 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Can anybody take a picture of the cables on their beyer dt 770 pro... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › ATH-A900XLTD available in Japan soon 6 minutes ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 6 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe