- 42 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r - Page 2
Poll Results: Shure se535, Shure se535 ltd-J, Westone 4r or Ultimate Ears UE900
13% (8)Shure SE535
30% (18)Shure SE535 LTD-J
44% (26)Westone 4R
11% (7)Ultimate Ears UE900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
NP, BTW a lot of people think they can't buy from US just because the live outside. However, just like Japan, there are a lot of shipping services for international buyers too.
@drsheep the thing is that I would buy from the us if I had my own credit card and if my parents would let me even purchase a set of iems for that price. To them, It's overpriced. Unfortunately neither do I possess a card or would my parents allow me to purchase them. so Im just buying em on my own from the local store.
Work smart and earn your own money is the way to go.
no no. I was saying that since you can't order W4 from amazon, buy the UE900 at a local place.
If price is not a problem then get the UE900. Since you are outside of the US...
- The UE900 comes with 2 braided cables, W4R only has 1 and it is twisted.
- The UE900 is smaller and lighter.
- W4R is a good $75 cheaper on Amazon.
- W4R has a more balance and neutal sound.
- W4R is slighly easier to get aftermarket cables.
You may have noticed that I voted for the W4R, but since you are outside of the US and can't buy or exchange IEMs easily, you may just as well go for a more robust package of the UE900. However, you really can't go wrong with either.
Totally depends on lots of things.
1. Does you iem need an amp? If it's one of those iems that needs real good power, quality would increase significantly.
2. Most people cannot tell the difference between 128kbps and 320k. In fact, with most portable rigs, it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I couldn't tell the difference between the two with SE535.
3. What amp are you going to use?
4. What source are you going to use?
Although I said it depends, if you are getting a W4 or UE900, getting an amp would benefit.