Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › 2013 Bay Area Headphone Meet & Headmasters (CAS4) Impressions Thread (8/9~8/11)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Bay Area Headphone Meet & Headmasters (CAS4) Impressions Thread (8/9~8/11) - Page 14  

post #196 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

 

But then, we do have shane55's expression that says it all. Lucky I captured that at the right moment. tongue.gif

Honestly, it was that photo more than anything that made me curious. I was like "what kind sonic bliss is this man experiencing?"

 

If the closed-back Audeze can make me smile like that it'll be worth every penny I save from now until release.

post #197 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Honestly, it was that photo more than anything that made me curious. I was like "what kind sonic bliss is this man experiencing?"

 

If the closed-back Audeze can make me smile like that it'll be worth every penny I save from now until release.

+1! biggrin.gif

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

post #198 of 300

A&K AKR01's have arrived.

post #199 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Honestly, it was that photo more than anything that made me curious. I was like "what kind sonic bliss is this man experiencing?"

 

If the closed-back Audeze can make me smile like that it'll be worth every penny I save from now until release.

WELL SAID SIR

well said

 

I was speaking to Alex (Rosson) this weekend about the fact that he's my sonic pusherman.

and the expression in that picture is PRICELESS

post #200 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

A&K AKR01's have arrived.

NICE!!  When you've played with em long enough I'm eager to hear what you think!

post #201 of 300
Sure those closed Audeze are good, but... I only talked to Shane55 for a few minutes, and it was pretty clear - he smiles like that a lot!
post #202 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

A&K AKR01's have arrived.

NICE!!  When you've played with em long enough I'm eager to hear what you think!

Cool, I'll probably just send you my review in a few weeks:). You can critique me on it too.

post #203 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Daedalus View Post

 

I took the time to forward your comment to the other 3 owners. While they did not roflmao, they were almost terrified and asked me what did they plug the 5p into to make it become like that.

 

I guess it just goes down to different ways of perception and it is just interesting to see this much discrepancies.

 

Anyway, I have no interest in argue who's right. After all, It is easy enough for me to shave off the bass if anybody request.

 

Let's do a count.  Who was at the CA meet that had a chance to listen to the T5P on the studio 6, emotiva and thought that the T5P has less bass than LCD2 and LCD3.

I liked the mod.  Don't get me wrong.  But saying that that modded T5p has less bass than the Audezes is just purely untrue.

post #204 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post

Sure those closed Audeze are good, but... I only talked to Shane55 for a few minutes, and it was pretty clear - he smiles like that a lot!

Agree biggrin.gif  Great guy to hang out with.  No doubt.

post #205 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesed96 View Post

Actually that modded T5p it's mine, Tim Liu is my friend. lol.

You have one crazy headphone.  I liked it.gs1000.gif

post #206 of 300

Fair enough about not going to full on impressions/review about the closed Audeze to maintain fair first impressions. Although a general description of the sound will be really helpful. For example, is it similar sounding to the LCD-2/3 or more fun and bassy like the TH-900? Is it also dark like the other Audeze's or a bit more energetic?

post #207 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

 

Let's do a count.  Who was at the CA meet that had a chance to listen to the T5P on the studio 6, emotiva and thought that the T5P has less bass than LCD2 and LCD3.

I liked the mod.  Don't get me wrong.  But saying that that modded T5p has less bass than the Audezes is just purely untrue.

 

Personal perception is not democratic though. I understand that you guys feel DN5p has more bass than good and I do not intend to force you to believe the other way around. The owners, inluding mose, though will still feel the other way around. Like I said before, I do not care which is true, because the truth is different for different people since listening experience is a very subjective thing.

 

And I also said, just fyi, it is a easy change to shave off the amount of the bass.


Edited by Music Daedalus - 8/16/13 at 11:05pm
post #208 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Daedalus View Post

 

Personal perception is not democratic though. I understand that you guys feel DN5p has more bass than good and I do not intend to force you to believe the other way around. The owners, inluding mose, though will still feel the other way around. Like I said before, I do not care which is true, because the truth is different for different people since listening experience is a very subjective thing.

 

And I also said, just fyi, it is a easy change to shave off the amount of the bass.

I am done talking about the modded T5P.  Thank you for sharing it at the meet.

post #209 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Daedalus View Post

 

Personal perception is not democratic though. I understand that you guys feel DN5p has more bass than good and I do not intend to force you to believe the other way around. The owners, inluding mose, though will still feel the other way around. Like I said before, I do not care which is true, because the truth is different for different people since listening experience is a very subjective thing.

 

And I also said, just fyi, it is a easy change to shave off the amount of the bass.

FWIW, we fed the modded T5P through a couple bass test tracks, and compared them to LCD2, LCD3, HD800, TH900, etc. I think the general consensus was that the bass, while tight, punchy, and relatively controlled, was also hella overpowering.

 

We're not saying the modded T5P are bad in any way, rather, praising it for its sound. The only thing is that the bass is sometimes overwhelming. 

post #210 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

Agree biggrin.gif  Great guy to hang out with.  No doubt.

 

Not really... I'm quite the curmudgeon.

Hehehehe....

 

But hey, the combination of the Radiohead remix, WA7 and the cans just hit the perfect spot.

For that exquisite moment, it rocked my socks.

The bass was thunderous. I think I was reacting to that more than anything. It was otherworldly. It brought immediate awe and delight.

 

But it was BillP who captured it. He deserves the credit. Well... along with Mike, Alex and Warren. It was a combined effort that came together blissfully for me. Thanks all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › 2013 Bay Area Headphone Meet & Headmasters (CAS4) Impressions Thread (8/9~8/11)